Duchess of Cambridge - Malta Visit

Started by cinrit, July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiaras

Limabeany

[mod]Let's hop back on topic, my lovely flannel kittens!. :happy15: Thank you for your courageous attempt, MB. :clap: [/mod]
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Is Malta crazy for Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge? - timesofmalta.com

QuoteAccording to The Daily Mail, Malta has gone "Kate-crazy" as the island prepares to greet the Duchess of Cambridge to mark its Golden Jubilee since gaining its independence on September 21, 1964.

The newspaper claimed people could talk of little else as its reporter travelled around Malta and Gozo.

Piqued by this statement, Kim Dalli took to Valletta to join the purported excitement and discovered that the reporter might have been a tad overzealous in his assessment...

So, the Maltese are objecting to being called Kate-crazy...  :hmm:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

angieuk

It's being said, Prince Andrew will go in Kate's place if necessary.

Just wondering when they will make a decision re the visit?  Thursday, at the latest maybe?

In All I Do

Richard Palmer tweeted that a decision would be made on Wednesday.

duchesschicana

Maybe this isn't popular opinion  in regards to if kate has a replacement to the malta tour.  I think Princess Beatrice will be a good replacement/representative of the British Monarchy for the Malta Tour, rather than just leaving Malta hanging with nothing. She did a great job during the Germany and Isle of Wight tours. She's respective and empathic towards others from what I heard people say about her. The seem like simple events to accomplish nothing too hard. Princess Beatrice can easily accomplish the Malta tour. .  Just a suggestion on my part, for all I know kate could accomplish the malta tour.  For the record I always found it ironic that the were sending A British royal to celebrate Malta's independence from Britain. ay
anyways here's a pic I made I'm such a dork and yes I realize it probably won't happen
https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/freevector-badge.jpg

Lady Adams

^^ I actually agree with you. :hug:

Bea did a great job in Germany, clearly wants to do royal duties, and has good approach with the public.

I also think the Palace wanted this trip to get the Maltese people's attention, remind them that Malta holds a special place in HM's heart-- and get good PR. Let's be real: Princess Beatrice will draw more media attention than Prince Andrew!

And your campaign badge for Bea is quite cute! You should share it with the royal reporters.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

In All I Do

I'll third Lady Adams' seconding. I think she'd do a great job. Let's all cross our fingers they pick her if Kate can't go.

Jenee

Actually, I agree with @duchesschicana - Bea would be a great replacement. Although, she's now much lower on the pecking order, and may not be 'high profile enough' to replace Kate.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

amabel

Quote from: Adrienne on September 13, 2014, 02:56:43 AM
I'll third Lady Adams' seconding. I think she'd do a great job. Let's all cross our fingers they pick her if Kate can't go.
God no, it would set a precedent and no one wants Fergis'e daughters doing royal duties,.

HistoryGirl

Even though I'm against expanding the "working" royals, at this point, just send anyone that's willing and able who will commit themselves to it.

wannable

Short flight during the weekend, Princess Anne or the Duke of Cambridge may be an option.

TLLK

While I agree that Beatrice or Eugenie would be a great substitute, I wouldn't count on it happening. I'll expect either William or one of his uncles or aunt.

duchesschicana

You're probably right PW will be a most likely candidate if indeed kate can't go. Just figure it'd be a nice chance for Bea ^^

wannable

QuoteHer first solo overseas royal visit to Malta next week is now looking in doubt.

The Duchess is very keen to go if she can, which is why she is leaving it until the last minute to make a decision
Royal insider
A Kensington Palace spokesman said her attendance "will be kept under review and a decision taken closer to the time."

A royal insider said: "The Duchess is very keen to go if she can, which is why she is leaving it until the last minute to make a decision.

"It's very much a case of taking each day as it comes. If she can go, she will go - it has been in the planning for several months and she really doesn't want to miss it."

It is thought Prince William will go in Kate's place if she doesn't feel well enough.

A cite from a Harry article.  The Prince thanked Britain for the success of the paralympic event | UK | News | Daily Express

angieuk

I don't see the Duchess going, unfortunately.

I think it will be Prince Andrew.  Even so it's possible Beatrice, may not wish to go!

Double post auto-merged: September 14, 2014, 11:19:41 AM

Catherine's doctors know full well, that if they give the green light for her to go to Malta, and it all goes horribly wrong, they will bear a public backlash for that.  Also, their credibility as doctors, acting for her, may be called into question!  I think they will go for the safer option, which cannot be called into question, and advise the visit be cancelled for her!

Curryong

I vote that Lupo goes to Malta to represent the BRF. He's cute, no problems with accidentally showing skin or giving speeches He can't do worse than his mistress!

In All I Do

Buried in an article that Camilla Tominey did with Prince Harry about IG (The Prince thanked Britain for the success of the paralympic event | UK | News | Daily Express) is this:

QuoteA royal insider said: "The Duchess is very keen to go if she can, which is why she is leaving it until the last minute to make a decision.

"It's very much a case of taking each day as it comes. If she can go, she will go - it has been in the planning for several months and she really doesn't want to miss it."

It is thought Prince William will go in Kate's place if she doesn't feel well enough.

sara8150

Duchess Kate to decide Malta tour by mid-week
Pregnant Kate Middleton to decide Malta tour - hellomagazine.com

Articles says if PW would go I'm praying to fill for Kate finger cross we have wait and see

Liquorice

Quote from: Curryong on September 14, 2014, 11:29:52 AM
I vote that Lupo goes to Malta to represent the BRF. He's cute, no problems with accidentally showing skin or giving speeches He can't do worse than his mistress!

:goodpost: :banana: :windsor1:

PaulaB

Quote from: Limabeany on September 04, 2014, 08:14:02 AM
Let's hop back on topic, my lovely flannel kittens!.  :happy15: Thank you for your courageous attempt, MB.  :clap:

Flannel kittens love it!

tiaras

"

Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 08:34

Prince Harry is most likely to replace the Duchess of Cambridge to represent the Royal Family at the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Independence.

No official decision has been made public yet, but it is probable that Kate Middleton will have to renounce to their first solo trip abroad because she is suffering from morning sickness in the early stages of her second pregnancy.

Prince Harry will be taking over almost all the functions that were scheduled to take place on Saturday and Sunday.

An official decision is expected to be made in the coming hours, or at the latest tomorrow.

Prince Harry has already cancelled his weekend appointments, making it more probable that he will be the one who will replace his sister-in-law.

"----via allthingscatherineandmary.tumblr.com

YASSSSS , i love seeing harry  :vday4:

Eri

No way she is going so why the dramatics just come out and say it  :notamused: ... Harry better be at the Tropic destination he DESERVES to be and not be Kate's replacement ... The Duke of York seems to be the most likely option ...

HsHCharlene

It's only for two days, besides it person said he's already canceled his other engagements meaning would be doing work anyways. I Catherine can't make it then bring the RF secret weapon who just had an amazing event showcase in the UK recently anyways.

wannable

Maltese tabloid rumor...copy/paste, spread.

British High Commissioner said the rumor is unfounded, local Maltese authority said Wednesday will be decision day. They are working closely with the BHC, for now the Duchess is sticking to the plan.

Double post auto-merged: September 16, 2014, 11:36:54 AM

Emily Andrews prediction, RC for The Sun.

Emily Andrews (@byEmilyAndrews) tweeted at 1:56pm - 15 Sep 14:

I'm going to call Malta (gulp): Wills will go, not Kate. She's desperate to go,but a pregnant lady has to put health first. We'll know wed. (Emily Andrews on Twitter: "I'm going to call Malta (gulp): Wills will go, not Kate. She's desperate to go,but a pregnant lady has to put)

Double post auto-merged: September 16, 2014, 11:38:23 AM

Emily Andrews (@byEmilyAndrews) tweeted at 2:27pm - 15 Sep 14:

@rozlaws def not! That's why I don't think she'll go-if you're preggers & sick there's no way you can do yr job properly. No loo-dashing! (Emily Andrews on Twitter: "@rozlaws def not! That's why I don't think she'll go-if you're preggers & sick there's no way you can)