Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Victoria and Princess Mary

Started by Jennifer, August 27, 2014, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuotePrincess Mette-Marit, Princess Victoria and Princess Mary: Gallery of the week's best royal style

23 AUGUST 2014

Princess Mary made two stylish appearances this week, donning a smart purple jacket for an engament in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland, and a chic yellow dress to present The Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award at the Odense Concert Hall in Denmark.

Elsewhere Princess Mette-Marit of Norway kept her look casual in jeans and jumper when she took her daughter Princess Ingrid to school on Tuesday and Princess Victoria of Sweden turned heads in a vibrant pink sleeveless dress at the International Swede of the Year Awards.

Read more:
Royal style of the week including: Princess Mary, Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Victoria - hellomagazine.com
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Windsor

The Nordic Princesses do look wonderful these days, the best of elegance and class and hard work.

cate1949

I really like Victoria - she had a rocky start in her younger years but she has matured.  She works hard, dresses well for the job, and seems to enjoy herself.  She and Daniel appear to be a great partnership - no rumors of discord there and of course she benefits from the star - her little girl Estelle. 

Mary seems to be a hard worker

It is Mette Marit who seems dubious to me - not so much work and a lot of time in trendy places with trendy people.
In the recent pics of taking her daughter to school the dynamic looked off -as if there is tension.
Just have doubts about her.

Limabeany

:goodpost: Agreed on all counts. I don't get Mette Marit at all, something has always seemed off about her and Charlene...  :sigh:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

I have a weird love/respect for MM that I can't explain. No matter what goofy outfit she wears, or no matter how few engagements she does, I love her. It defies logic. Her AIDS work, book charities, her habit of showing up to New York (a city I loved!)... I just can't help but love her. So instead of posting or debating you guys, I'm just writing this to admit that I'm a little crazy about Mette-Marit, and I can't be relied upon to act appropriately when she's brought up.  :computer:  :hug?:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Curryong

We understand, Lady Adams :hug?: We'll remember!

HereditaryPrincess

Victoria is my favourite of the Nordic Princesses. She seems to be the most hardworking out of King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia's children - Madeleine and Carl Philip (whilst he is extremely handsome) seem to spend most of their time now going holiday and focusing on their hobbies rather than their royal duties. She also seems to be a nice person in general, I would love to meet her one day. I also like Mary, she has a wonderful fashion sense - she could make a potato sack look elegant and sophisticated. She also seems to be very down to earth. I remember when she visited a school and took off her glove so that she could shake hands with the children. I thought that was so lovely and natural. I don't have any special feelings for Mette-Marit. I agree with Limabeany on how there's something "off" about her (I like Charlene now but wasn't her biggest fan at the time of her wedding to Albert).

Limabeany

Quote from: Lady Adams on September 06, 2014, 01:37:12 PM
I have a weird love/respect for MM that I can't explain. No matter what goofy outfit she wears, or no matter how few engagements she does, I love her. It defies logic. Her AIDS work, book charities, her habit of showing up to New York (a city I loved!)... I just can't help but love her. So instead of posting or debating you guys, I'm just writing this to admit that I'm a little crazy about Mette-Marit, and I can't be relied upon to act appropriately when she's brought up.  :computer:  :hug?:
:happy15: :hug: :love6:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

Quote from: Curryong on September 06, 2014, 01:47:44 PM
We understand, Lady Adams :hug?: We'll remember!
Quote from: Limabeany on September 06, 2014, 04:07:16 PM
:happy15: :hug: :love6:
Oh you two!  :blowkiss: :hug: :hug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Totally understand Lady Adams.  :computer: :hug: I feel this way about Infanta Elena, Princess Marie, and Princess Muna. None of them are in the spotlight like MM, but there is something about them that I really like.