Princess Diana 'Almost Outed George Michael to Harry', Former Royal Aide Claims

Started by cinrit, October 01, 2014, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 01, 2014, 05:55:07 PM
:hug: thanks TLLK. Yeah I did have to deal with some of that, but I can't even imagine having the people involved in my situation airing it all out for millions to see and discuss. Horrifying from the children's perspective.
You are very welcome. I can understand why people like yourself,  William and Harry would choose to remain discreet about their family's past.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 12:01:38 AM

Quote from: cinrit on October 01, 2014, 11:57:08 PM
^^ Actually, William and Kate were at Sandringham for Boxing Day.  Date on the following article is 28 December 2012:

QuoteDuke and Duchess of Cambridge Finally Join Rest of Royal Family for Belated Christmas Celebration - Just In Time for Annual Pheasant Shoot

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have finally joined the rest of the Royal Family for a belated Christmas celebration, after choosing to spend the festive season with the Middleton family instead.

William and Kate arrived at Sandringham House, the Queen's private estate in Norfolk, early on Boxing Day just in time for Prince Philip's annual pheasant shoot.

More: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge finally join rest of Royal Family for belated Christmas celebration - just in time for annual pheasant shoot | Daily

Cindy
Thank you cinrit. Easy to forget the details sometimes so I appreciate you sharing articles like you do. :thanks:

cinrit

You're welcome, TLLK.  I was pretty sure I remembered they were at Sandringham a day or so after Christmas Day.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

Kate being at Sandringham does not mean she hunted or watched hunting. She was probably still not feeling 100 percent. Will probably enthusiastically went hunting though.

TLLK

The article mentioned that it had been raining heavily and that HM along with Kate joined the hunting party at lunch time. HM was getting over a cold and opted to stay indoors.

FanDianaFancy

I-YI-I !!!!!!!!!
it  is open season on a dead woman who cannot fight back and who has no oen to fight  back for her name, legacy, etc.

I get OPINIONS!!!    WE  all have one. I GET FACTS  too. FACTS.

Regarding our post here...
PC and PD  had many, many things in common.  I will not list them. Did that before.

What  PC and PD did not have in common was Camilla.  If  PD ahd  CPB in common , then she would be alive today, still married  to PC  ...ok in name only. 
In public only.
If PD had  accepted CPB and also kept her MOUTH SHUT and LEGS CLOSED , which many  of you here think she should have done, YES, she would be a live today and  still married  to PC today.

PD and KM  have NOTHING in common . Really, KM and CPB  have far more in common  that  PD  and KM.
Home life,  siblings  , place in siblings,  love and devotion of their  husbands, long term romance and   being there for their men    any day, night, hour, LOL   for decades  with CPB and close to a decade with K with PW.

The calmness of  life with K and  her family  vs. what  he grew up and how IT WAS PD's...PD. Well, what about  PC and  CPB?

Arbitar 's books, I GET IT!!!
Slam a dead woman. It  sells!!!  it is  a good way  to make money  and  there  is no one  to stop you!!!  Enjoy! Say wahtever you like. Hey, PD had an affair with KJC of Spain. She  told her son, PH to shut up. Oh boy , that  is  something! She told her son to shut up, LOL!! As  if   no parent  never told that to their kids! LOL!
I get it.  Best way  to get closer to the Crown, to  ensure a place  at court meaning a dinner invite  , Royal box seats  at Ascot, some kin d of BRF tickets  or invite for something, P's Trust  Concert  or  gala, something...is to slam the  dead  one. PD.  YES, PD  is, was an easy target. 1-She  spoke her business. 2- She  is dead.
Easy!!!!

I  AM NOT deabting with any  of you.  I am moving away from that. I would like us to discuss  the  reason why these authors prey  on a DEAD  long DEAD woman who told her story  and there is  really  nothing new, shocking to tell?

Oh, there are no books and will be no books  about  PC  or CPB. Both are alive.  Both  have the power and  are  the Monarchy  , K and Q to be.
Did you ever notice that? There are no books,  no articles, no comments by anyone  slamming CPB and PC?
Did Arbitar  say  anything engative  about  PC  or CPB? No.
Alone? As a couple? No. Their  times together then when PD adn PC were still married? No.
No. Nothing. Hmmmm, I wonder why?  LOL!!!
I am not saying CPB  or PC  have any control over  who writes books about  PD,  them, QEI, QVictoria, spaceships and martians, etc. nor do they  nor should they care.

Reread what  I just said.   Good.  Are you sure you read that again? Good.  I am not blaming PC and CPB. OH, did you actually read and understand  me sayin g that!  LOL! No, I do not.
I cannot stand they but  they are not at fault.

I am saying these authors  are  really biased.  No  books about  CPB and PC because they are alive adn these authors want  to get in favor  some kind  via tickets to BRF things or dinner in vites to BRf things  .  These authors  slam a  long dead woman  because  they want money.

I  really think it  is sad, boring  stories acutlaly ebcause PD  said alll the good ones.

I alos  really think it is  shameful and defeats these authors'  purpose  because the  sons  who loved their mother, PD,  and she was a good mother per them MUST be hurt  and  have thick skins  .

NO, of course they do not read any  of this stuff.

HOWEVER, they  do  not live in  a bubble  and  do get the papers. They, certainly  do watch tv. No doubt when something like this  pops up on tv, I assume, they  must  just change the channel ASAP.  If  this  is in the  papers of their choice, they must just turn the page  ASAP.   Certainly they must read  papers, but  not read that  stuff.

HistoryGirl

If dead people were off limits to analyze and critique then I would not have an area of study. i dont quite understand that argument.

FanDianaFancy

HistoryG, that is not what  I said.
Reread my posts.
All the good, juicy  stories and detailed  stories PD  already said when she was alive.  In book and on camera,

Now....ummmmm  wellllllll, "she wore short skirts  ."
" OH YOUD DON'T SAY!! "
"Tell me more."
" Ok. She told Poor  child , innocent PH to Shut Up!!"
" What A WITCH!!! "

Do you see where  I  am going with this? Do you see my point?  NO, I am not debating  you  or  sandy  or  cinrit  or  LIMABEANY  or  anyone here.

I  am talking about these  authors  who are  having an open season on a  long dead woman.
There  are no new stories to tell because  her story, life, ended.
She cannot defend herself and there  is no one to do so and stories  about  her  sell, so  it is  a  free for all. Junor, Arbitar, Lord Bell, and more to come.  This  is  like the repeated and  reheated and  addition of  farfetched  stories  about  Marilyn Monroe.
She is dead  long gone dead. All of the  good  , juicy stories have already been told. 
Hey, she left her  diary  and  HBO  ahd  actors  read  it.  Great!!  Well, you  have her actual words on her sad life  from childhood to adulthood.

Her estate  of the  Strasbergs are ranking  in millions yearly. Go for it! I get it.  PW and PH  don't  even get the money LOL!!!

I get it. PD  is dead.  Her life  is  goldmine at the bank for these authors. People  buy  these  things about, anything about.

My point  her life was as it  was. SAD!!!  It  was as it was. She  is long gone dead.  These authors  are giving nothing for historical study as in books  and movies again and nagain for  entertainment  or  study  of  QEII and her father.
Also, who cares because  they  left no living  children, siblings, no one LOL.  Any  600  year relatives still around, LOL  ????!!!!?????

My point is that and these  authors  are coming out of the woodwork lately  and  are fishing for stories and anything goes .
These authors and none of them will dare  write any books about  CPB. She  is beyond reproach, sainted, matronly , old,  matriarch, greiving the lost  of her brother, LOO, the list goes on and on. OH YEA< she  is alive and is going to be Queen Camilla of England!!!  Same goes for PC.

Oh  by the way, did you hear, PD had an affair  with  KJC of Spain? LOL, Yeah, well, personally, I  think she also had  an affair  with  Elton John, Versace, and  ....an...ummmm..GEORGE MICHEAL and that  is why she told  PH to "Shut Up."  Yeah.  Yep.

cinrit

The point is that Diana is a part of history, and will probably be discussed for centuries to come, good and not-so-good.  People are still discussing (and writing books about) Anne Boleyn, and she was executed in 1536. 

Cindy

HistoryGirl

I still stand by what I am saying. I was not speaking then as a poster on a forum, but as a student of history that uses accounts like Bell's all the time. Primary sources like that are used by historians to piece together narratives. Sometimes we have accounts from the person themselves, but even that's not good enough because how do we know they're not being facetious? That's why we use a variety of sources to try to get a well rounded picture, some are flattering and some are not.

I keep seeing "she's not here to defend herself" and I don't understand what that has anything to do with someone ie. Bell, having an opinion on what she was like based on first hand experience. A lot of people are "no longer here to defend themselves" but that doesn't mean that people are no longer allowed to talk about them publicly or otherwise.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 12:45:19 PM

Quote from: cinrit on October 02, 2014, 12:38:18 PM
The point is that Diana is a part of history, and will probably be discussed for centuries to come, good and not-so-good.  People are still discussing (and writing books about) Anne Boleyn, and she was executed in 1536. 

Cindy

It's funny you would say that because actually I am currently about to start an essay about Anne Boleyn's portrayal throughout history lol

FanDianaFancy

YES, cinrit and HG, I said that.
That is just what I said.
You guys just repeated what I said.
Thank you for  repeating  waht I said.

BUT  I also siad, what  is the hsitorical meaning  of  these books  of  PD? None. They  are just good gossip.  Slamming  her. Her sons are still alive .  Anne Boleyn    has no  living  relatives. The  life of her, times, reasons, character, etc.  all have  a historical edge  to them.
HG, I love that now, vs, then, of course, 600 years now, we have medical proof  for things and   it has been said  by some authors that since  all KH's  male   kids died and    all had different mothers, that his  blood type of  something gentically was with him.
If anyone wants to read that, google.
I  cannot remember  it exactly.
Fascinating!
It is no big and no need to  correct  for me not remembering.
Everyone can google it.
Fascinating!
Please let them google it  or give them the link because  it  is fascinating.  It has some medical proof, well, perhaps so.
HG, good luck with  your book, thesis, whatever you are  working on and I mean that sincerely.

cinrit, I get it  about PD  being part  of history and will have forever be the subjects of books, her children lives  as they  have milestone moments, etc.   When PW and PK leave the hosptial with their next child, up comes  pictures of PD and leaving the hospital when PH was born.Her sons ....the heirs  .....K  eldest son and  grandson ...we  all know that.

What  I am saying HG and cinrit is that it is open season of  negative,  gossipy,  grasping at  straws, sensationalized  books  going  right  now about PD. It is a free for all. Anything goes!! I get it!!! I have no problem with that. 
What is odd is that there  are no books  , open season, sensationalized,   about  PC  and CPB.  Their lives then. Now. Only good.  Why?  Why will no authors  touch them?   Shouldn't they be  a  fascianting subject being alive and all.  LOL!! PC and PC are the Power. The Crown. The Monarcy.
None of Brit authors are touching them ...fear of lawsuits, not  having books readily available at book stores there., backlash from the offices of PC and PC, ...backlash  from the media  which supports  and is supported  by   PC and Pc.

Interesting. Fascinatiing!!!
That is very interesting to me anyway.

sandy

I agree FDF Diana has two living sonswho must be aware of the slamming of their mother and how hurtful it is. Anne Boleyn has been dead for centuries. Big difference.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 01:45:49 PM

Quote from: TLLK on October 02, 2014, 03:36:08 AM
The article mentioned that it had been raining heavily and that HM along with Kate joined the hunting party at lunch time. HM was getting over a cold and opted to stay indoors.

Well the fact remains that there are no more photos of her dragging dead birds around.And if she were such an eager beaver about hunting she would have gone on that weekend of hunting that W an harry went on (Jecca was in the hunting party).

cinrit

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 02, 2014, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: cinrit on October 02, 2014, 12:38:18 PM

Cindy 

It's funny you would say that because actually I am currently about to start an essay about Anne Boleyn's portrayal throughout history lol

My favorite Royal. :)

Cindy

FanDianaFancy

sandy, PK and CPB  are so so much alike.

They  bother were willing, ready, able to do, be    anything anytime their guys  wanted them no matter how long it  took and  no matter how  degrading it was for them  at  times.
BOTH  got what they wanted in life.  I would like to read an author  write a book about that. 

Yes, sandy, Pk  does not care for hunting.  If so, she woud. her sister loves it!!  Has friends who love it. She does this. PC and CPB  loved,loves, did,  still does  the  hunting of  foxes, birds, all that Enlgish nobility thing.

In PK's world , there  are  many dates for this and no reason nor excuse for  not  to  for   there is no lack of time, people, places.

YES, sandy, cinrit, and HG  , you all  have good  points, though different about  Anne Boleyn who was  killed in 1536 .
It has been said that QEII carried with her  a  locket with the image of HER MOTHER.
No doubt  PH and PW  loved, miss her as they have said and they ought to know how they feel and what  kind of mother PD was since she was their mother and  not yours, hers, mine, Arbiatrs. Bells, Penny Junors, etc.
I posted before in some other thread, we  are  all  armchair  child psychologist, et. today, but no doubt, QEI  's  life  of no marriage and no children, all sure fire death sentences  then  one way  or another, and this all had an effect  on QEI.
Even as QEI, QEI could not  defend her mother for losing her  plalce  and head. Perhaps.
Did she? She did defend her in her own way by  keeping her close  to her  in that locket.

NO DOUBT  PW and PH  in our world  must feel a  sadness and  avoid , of course, any of these authors , book,s news reports, etc.
What can they do? Nothing but  turn off the tv when that comes on or  tear out that part of the paper.
Defend their mother. They  have  in delicate  ways such as taking on some  of  her causes and charities .  PW 's comments about his wedding and her fav songs, giving PD's ring. Ways  as  to not to upset, shake their dad,  QEII, disturb the  flow. You know, go with the flow attitude.

sandy

I find it sad that a random comment of Diana's perhaps taken out of context is used to define her parenting (by some on this thread). Actually in the Settelen tapes William is laughing and saying about his Mum "isn't she AWFUL." He meant it in a joking way but I suppose this will be a source of another attack on Diana.

HistoryGirl

Anne Boleyn was written about during her own life; those sources are what we now use to piece together aspects about her. Hundreds of years from now when people study Diana, this "gossip" is what they will use to piece her character together along with things that she said herself. How do you define gossip anyway? You seem to see gossip as anything that's negative about Diana whereas anything positive must be the truth. I'm just simply informing you that historians don't see it that way. They collect the good and the bad because not one single individual that has ever existed has only good aspects. ‎We discuss Bill Clinton's affairs...he's not dead and neither are his family members; should we wait six hundred years to discuss that or what?

I, along with many others, like to have the full picture, the good and the bad‎, in order to do my best to analyze a situation; clearly that is not the case for all.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 03:26:08 PM

Canuck

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 02, 2014, 03:26:00 PM
How do you define gossip anyway? You seem to see gossip as anything that's negative about Diana whereas anything positive must be the truth.

Nailed it. 

sandy

Well to be fair I am seeing a pattern here by some of whatever negative about Diana has to be the truth. It goes both ways. Diana was no saint but gratuitous slaps by a cranky old man does not necessarily consist of a "fact."  The man may growl at his neighbors but that does not make the neighbors "bad."

And a random comment by Diana does not mean she was a lousy mother. That is just totally unfair. The two boys never complained and praised their mother and they know a lot more about her mothering than anybody. Some fairness here please.

HistoryGirl

What are you talking about honestly? I think the only people being objective are those that claim that neither Diana nor Charles were a piece of cake to deal with at the time. Youre the one insinuating that just because somebody has their issues it makes them a lousy parent. Of course William and Harry adored their mother; like most people. And they adore their father‎. But that doesn't mean they were both perfect. Likewise, I don't see you claiming that just because Harry and William have never said anything bad about their father that Charles was a wonderful parent. 

Canuck

No one is claiming that Lord Bell's opinions are fact and Diana was irrefutably a hussy because he said so. 

As to whether Diana was a bad mother:  that's very much a matter of opinion, and different pieces of information may inform people's opinions in different ways.  Yes, Will and Harry clearly love their mother and have spoken about her being a good mother.  That's obviously something that weighs on the good mother side of things.  On the other side are things like Diana saying she locked herself in a bathroom after a loud argument and a very young Will sat outside pushing tissues under the door and telling her not to cry, or Diana telling Harry to shut up.  Those things don't necessarily mean she was a bad mother, but they're part of the story and there's nothing wrong with people talking about them or forming their own opinions on the subject.

(Note as well that Will and Harry have repeatedly said Charles is a great father -- does that mean that because they said it you will never question it or discuss things he did that were not such great parenting?  Will and Harry say they like Camilla, does that mean that you will never question whether Camilla is a good stepmother?)

sandy

Canuck, you were not there when Diana said "shut up." There was an old program about the Royals and Anne hissed at her young brother Edward "get down from there." It does not mean she did not love Edward this was her way. And Edward and Anne appear to get along. A random comment does not brand somebody as "bad." All I know is there are photos of Harry and Diana and they look very close. They were very affectionate with each other. So why the rush to judgment? Many parents get impatient with their children and I wager Diana was not the only mother in the world to say shut up to a child.

https://www.google.com/search?q=diana+and+young+prince+harry&biw=1024&bih=594&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=dnMtVOaFEsi1sQSfvoKIBQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=jVZ8yJiOTjsmKM%253A%3BaJcdniTE9YGlTM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.parade.condenast.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Fprince-harry-young1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailyamerican.com%252Fentertainment%252Fparade%252Fparade_entertainment%252Fhappy-th-birthday-prince-harry-wacky-facts-about-the-royal%252Farticle_8891f73b-3ede-5db4-8175-37ba76c97b56.html%253Fmode%253Djqm%3B1600%3B1000

Diana cried. She was not the only mother in the world to cry when a child was around. Some fairness here please.  Maybe Charles should have thought out  how his "friendship" with the other woman would hurt his wife and children. Diana was hurt by it. She was human.

I do see a rush to judgment going on here.

Camilla did not raise the boys so it is an entirely different point. Her selling point was that she would not try to "mother" the boys.

HistoryGirlWell from some of the posts (not singling you out BTW it's not about your posts) there are small bits of negative comments about Diana and some jump in eagerly to show how it reflects her "bad" Character and she "must have" done something wrong.

Canuck

Obviously Diana must have done SOMETHING wrong.  She was a human being!  We all do things wrong!

The disconnect seems to come from people thinking that if they like someone overall, any discussion of anything even mildly negative is untrue, inappropriate, or off limits.

sandy

Of course. But I see branding of Diana as a "bad" parent by some based on the random comment.

Who are we supposed to be a panel for Child Protective Services? I don't get it.

HistoryGirl

No its about making an observation based on the information provided.

sandy

It is one random comment one. And it was from a person not directly involved. If Diana was being so abusive to little Harry surely Arbiter would have called the authorities. I think this comment is taking on a life of its own.

HistoryGirl

....um nobody said he was being abused...talk about putting words in a person's mouth. He said she was complicated.