Chateau de Fontainebleau

Started by drezzle, April 27, 2009, 07:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tizzy

I want to go there :notworthy:
I would love to have that last sketch on my wall...
Very beautiful.....I hope to one day visit the French chateaus...big dream of mine :hug:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lindelle

Hey Drezzle, it's bigger than Buckingham Palace right? The architecteral design is magnificant. I like the floor plans it showed.
Are you interested in floor plans of palaces 'cause i think i may still have them. I've had a great time imagining myself inside one of these palaces, following the mapped corridors. You only have to Google 'Floor Plans of Buckingham Palace', or whichever ........................it's fun.

drezzle

Hey Lindelle, Thanks for the offer.   What I love most about castles and palaces etc is the photos -- especially in unlikely places like corridors and kitchens and the back entrance as well as the front entrances.  I do have stacks and books of those but never seem to have enough anyway. 
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Lindelle

Are you able to post any of those entrances as i like them too. :thumbsup:

windsorly

LouisFerdinand

Fontainebleau is très magnifique.

LouisFerdinand

The Gallery of Diana was transformed into a library in the mid 1800s under Emperor Napoleon III. It houses 16,000 volumes of books.

LouisFerdinand

The Playroom of Queen Marie Antoinette was also known as the Queen's Grand Cabinet since she gave audiences and organized concerts here.

LouisFerdinand

Beginning in about 1528, King Francis I constructed the Gallery Francis I, which allowed him to pass directly from his apartments to the chapel of Trinitaires.