Singapore State Visit at Buckingham Palace October 2014

Started by Windsor, October 09, 2014, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

QuoteBuckingham Palace is making final preparations for the upcoming State Visit to the United Kingdom by the President of the Republic of Singapore, Mr. Tony Tan Keng Yam. The President accompanied by his wife Mrs Mary Tan will stay at Buckingham Palace from 21 to 23 October 2014.

Buckingham Palace prepares for State Visit from Singapore | Royal Insight

TLLK

Windsor-Has BP shared if there will be a gala reception at the palace in honor of the President and First Lady?

wannable

@Windsor and who other than the Queen will be from the BRF ?

Also, was it at the ambassador yearly gala that Wills and Kate went, just a small glimpse of a tiara she wore from a moving limo. When is this event held?

Windsor

Yes, a full State Banquet will be hosted in honour of the President and First Lady. It will be a white-tie event, with Tiaras, Orders, etc...

So far confirmation has come through from the Prince and Princess of Wales, the Duke of York, The Princess Royal, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

As for the Reception for the Diplomatic Corps, this is held in November and yes, it was at that even that the Duchess of Cambridge was photographed with a tiara while being driven to the Palace.

wannable

Thank you @Windsor

Any hope, I was hoping since William and Kate met them in Singapore, they would assist this and their first State Banquet. 👑

Windsor

There is a possibility that the Duke of Cambridge might attend, as for the Duchess... I wouldnt think so, not after her pregnancy has become so complex.

TLLK

I may be wrong but  been awhile since the UK has hosted a state visit on this scale. Wasn't the incoming Irish State Visit the last one?

Windsor

There are usually two inbound State Visits every year - one in the Spring and one in the Autumn. You are right in that the Irish State Visit was the last one, it took place in April 2014.  :hug:

wannable

Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) tweeted at 5:10am - 10 Oct 14:

William and Kate are due to greet President and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam and travel with them to Horse Guards for a ceremonial welcome. (Richard Palmer on Twitter: "William and Kate are due to greet President and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam and travel with them to Horse Guards for a)

cinrit

QuoteSingapore State Visit Programme

The President of the Republic of Singapore, accompanied by Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam, will pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom as the guests of Her Majesty The Queen, from Tuesday 21st October to Friday 24th October 2014.

During their visit, The President and Mrs Tan will stay at Buckingham Palace.

Here is an outline programme for the visit:

MONDAY 20TH OCTOBER
The President of the Republic of Singapore and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam will arrive privately in the United Kingdom on the morning of Monday 20th October, at London Heathrow Airport. They will be greeted by The Viscount Hood, Lord-in-Waiting, on behalf of The Queen.

More: http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/StateVisitprogrammes/2014/SingaporeStateVisitprogramme.aspx

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the link to the official itinerary.

Pips

Do you know what time it starts? What will happen? they will see the guards and review them at horse guards parade and them will go by carriage to BP?

Windsor

Its already under way! They are currently at Buckingham Palace reviewing a special exhibition of Singaporean Items from the Royal Collection - they will later sit down for a Luncheon.

BBC News - Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge makes public appearance

QuoteMembers of the Royal family have welcomed the President of Singapore as he begins a state visit. The Queen and Prince Philip were joined by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a ceremony at Horse Guards Parade.

It is the duchess' first public appearance since her pregnancy was announced in September. Her extreme morning sickness has been "steadily improving", the palace said

cinrit

From the British Monarchy's Storify account:

QuoteThe Republic of Singapore State Visit

The Queen and the Royal Family welcome The President of the Republic of Singapore and his wife to Buckingham Palace as part of the country's first State Visit to the United Kingdom.

This morning The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge greeted The President of Singapore and his wife Mrs Tan on behalf of The Queen at the Royal Garden Hotel.

It was a happy reunion for Their Royal Highnesses and The President and Mrs Tan, as The Duke and Duchess visited Singapore as part of The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012.

It was a cold but bright Autumn morning in London as preparations for the State Visit were underway.

More: The Republic of Singapore State Visit (with images, tweets) · BritishMonarchy · Storify

Cindy

TLLK

Thank you for the link Cindy. I have seen "behind the scenes" documentaries where it shows how the BP or Windsor staff prepare for these incoming state visits. The art curators who ensure that there is something on display from every visiting nation if it is available. Gifts that member of the BRF have received while visiting overseas are typically highlighted. I'm glad that we had a chance to see the handiwork of the palace floral shop too.

cate1949

Cindy very interesting - thanks for posting the link

everything looks so grand - LOL - and I did like Kate and the Queen's outfits - especially the color of the Queen's hat and coat - very rich color

Curryong

Quote from: cate1949 on October 21, 2014, 10:53:20 PM
Cindy very interesting - thanks for posting the link

everything looks so grand - LOL - and I did like Kate and the Queen's outfits - especially the color of the Queen's hat and coat - very rich color

The Queen looked very chipper during the banquet too, though I suppose after over sixty years these things are like water off a duck's back.

cinrit

You're welcome, TLLK and cate.  I love the Storify accounts of events.  So many photos that we don't see elsewhere.

Cindy

TLLK

Are there any photos of tonight's State Dinner? Tiaras aplenty!!!

wannable

Watch this space https://m.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalChannel

So far 2 uploads of the Singapore State Visit, but they do film the red carpet entry, seating, Queens speech, toast.

TLLK

cinrit

The Queen's Speech at the Republic of Singapore State Banquet

Cindy

wannable

Thank you @cinrit - The Royal Channel. 

This is what IMO is happening with all major UK papers. The Editors want Kate.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter  ·  3h 3 hours ago
@princesspleats I should say even if I had gone to cover the banquet, that doesn't mean it would have made the paper. It's pot luck.

@princesspleats Kate is the only royal more or less guaranteed to make the paper at the moment.

@princesspleats Yes, I had arranged to be at Buckingham Palace to cover the banquet but had to pull out to go to the museum.

TLLK

(Sigh) Sparkle aplenty when HM wears the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara along with some of those family heirlooms. Little glimpses of Sophie and Marie Christine in gala wear as well.