Pelly, Warren & Harbord ready for VIP Royal test run Ascot June 2010

Started by wannable, May 14, 2010, 10:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Read more: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23834091-guy-pellys-thoroughbred-frolics.do

Sounds like fun with Guy Pelly, Jake Warren and Astrid Harbord

Quote'We want to bring a more fun vibe to the race,' explains Jake, godson of the Princess of Wales and a descendent of the Earl of Carnarvon, the aristocratic adventurer who discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun. 'I've always wanted to do a summer event' continues Pelly. 'This year is just a test run really. It's going to be one day, the 19th June. We are going to have a marquee for about 300 people, invite only, a champagne and canape reception, a champagne terrace, big televisions that come down when the races start, music. And if it all goes well, next year we will expand.'

Astrid Harbord has always been the person Guy has 'bounced ideas off'. They met through their friend Amanda Sheppard, who is now dating Bryan Ferry, while Astrid was studying history at Bristol, and they lived together when they moved down to London. Astrid, who is going out with the banking heir James Rothschild and is great friends with Kate Middleton, is an uproarious Chelsea legend and Raffles regular, famous for bringing any party to life. She and her sister Davina are known as the Hardcore Harbords and once threw a party in a tatty Shoreditch warehouse attended by Prince Harry.

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

wannable

This is just perfect for boring Ascot. Its a great idea and I hope the Queen gives her seal of approval to Jake Warren. Afterall, keeping the high standards of dressing up for the occasion mixing it with mild fun (champs and softy music) will just bring in the necessary everthing, the entire package.

Kate

I think it sounds like fun and I wish I were to attend ... :(

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

someonewholovesharry

Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

anitalalala

i dont like what she wearing actually...and for the first time i think her face looks really weird...
But everytime i see pics of jecca she passe me this image of someoen extremelly simple and down to earth.
And based on the fact that she comes from a very weathy familly with very well conections across the globe makes me admire her personally...coz in the middle of so many socialite heiress and how the act most of the time at such events she sorts of makes a diference among them..coz her extreme simplicity way of not only dressing but also aparentlly takies her life.

someonewholovesharry

astrid is not attractive. i find her sister dav much more prettier..
Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037