Mike Tindall Signs up for Survival Show

Started by Macrobug, February 02, 2015, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

OT but Emilia Fox looks familiar from the mid-nineties Pride and Prejudice. She played Georgiana Darcy.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

^^^"Pond Scene at Pemberley." :coy: :blush:

HereditaryPrincess

^^^  :D

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Mike signs up for something like I'm A Celebrity in the near future. I didn't see him on The Jump  (it clashes with Call the Midwife) but I've seen some photos and articles from it.

TLLK

What??? Mike won't make the cast list for Call the Midwife???? :teehee:

HereditaryPrincess

@TLLK I mentioned Call the Midwife because I couldn't watch The Jump since it was on at the same time as Call the Midwife which I like and watch every Sunday :D

SophieChloe

I've just started watching Call The Midwife @HereditaryPrincess .  Really enjoy it, too.  And I reckon Mike Tindall would fit quite nicely into the program as a Ne'er-do-well from the East End.  Mia needs feeding. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

LOL SC the first time I read through your post I thought it said "Neanderthal" not "Ne'er-do-well." :hehe:

wannable

So he is now a celebrity Z lister, fading people.

snokitty

Mike Tindall drinks pint of urine on Bear Grylls show - Telegraph

QuoteMike Tindall drinks a pint of urine for his latest foray into reality television, a survival show hosted by Bear Grylls.

The former England rugby captain and husband to the Queen's granddaughter, Zara, was one of eight celebrities taking part in ITV's Bear Grylls: Mission Survive.

The group were dropped in the Costa Rican rainforest and made to fend for themselves, building their own shelters and foraging for food.

In addition to abseiling down waterfalls, trudging through swamps and eating live scorpions, the celebrities followed Grylls' example and drank their own urine.

The scenes will be show in the first episode on February 20. As Tindall is shown glugging from his bottle, the voice-over intones: "Her Majesty might want a word with Mike about his lifestyle choices."
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Macrobug

Former rugby player Mike Tindall rushed to hospital after injuring his head during filming for Bear Grylls' TV show Mission SurviveOK! Magazine

QuoteMIKE Tindall was airlifted to hospital after cracking his head open during filming for Bear Grylls TV show Mission Survive.

QuoteTough man Mike didn't spend long in the hospital either: "He was in the hospital for half an hour and had stitches. They warned him it wasn't going to be pretty and that he'd probably have a scar. We said he could be extracted and have it looked at properly. But he goes 'No, no, do it and get me back in the jungle."
GNU Terry Pratchett

snokitty

Mike Tindall airlifted from Mission Survive: Bear Grylls contestant rushed to hospital after cracking his head open - Mirror Online
Opening up about Mike's injury, presenter Bear added: "He got hit on the head pretty hard and gashed his forehead with wood, but he just wanted to get back to the jungle and get on with it.

"He was in hospital for half an hour and had stitches. They warned him it wasn't going to be pretty and that he'd probably have a scar. We said he could be extracted and have it looked at properly.

Bear then continued to say that he was impressed with Mike's commitment as he 'just wanted to get back to the jungle.'

Thankfully the 36-year-old sportsman received treatment and was able to return to the show, although a separate incident involving Dame Kelly Holmes almost had a nasty end.

Bear explained how the Olympic athlete almost drowned in a 300ft waterfall on one occasion while taking part in the mission, describing the moment as "touch and go".
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty