sara8150

Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins
Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant twins - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: October 07, 2014, 07:08:07 PM

Princess Charlene of Monaco Is Expecting Twins
Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco Expecting Twins : People.com

Double post auto-merged: October 07, 2014, 07:11:31 PM

Princess Charlene of Monaco Pregnant With Twins With Husband Albert II
Princess Charlene of Monaco Pregnant With Twins With Husband Albert II - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: October 07, 2014, 07:20:44 PM

Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins
Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins - CBS News

cinrit

QuotePrincess Charlene and Prince Albert II of Monaco are expecting twins.

The royal family will grow by two when the Princess, 36, gives birth at the end of this year, leading many to speculate which baby will inherit the principality.

The couple first announced in May that they were expecting.

According to the Constitution of the Principality, the first born baby is the closest in line to the throne, with priority given to males. What remains unclear is what will happen if the first born is a girl.

More: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco expecting TWINS - but which baby will inherit the crown? | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

but if the first born is the heir, how can "priority be given to males!"?  It used to be males first, which is why Albert is the prince and not Caroline who is older.  But if the Constitution has changed, then the first born child is presumably the next prince or princess regardless of sex.

Lady Adams

I guess I need to change the poll's title to: Will Charlene have boyS or girlS or both!?

From the palace (translated into English):
Quote"The Prince and Princess of Monaco are pleased to confirm the expectation of twins in their homes by the end of the year."
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Good luck to HSH and I hope that the delivery goes smoothly. Time to double that diaper order!!! :banana:

amabel

Definitely twins?  So maybe they have been having fertility treatment.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Yes, I read that the Palace confirmed it.
Congratulations to them! Now we will have new twins to join Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark. :vday2:

sara8150

How Monaco's Prince Albert Found Out He Was Having Twins
How Monaco's Prince Albert Found Out He Was Having Twins : People.com

Remain under wraps sex of baby till birth don't judge Prince Albert he wanted surprise when baby birth..

PaulaB

Quote from: amabel on October 09, 2014, 04:40:47 PM
Definitely twins?  So maybe they have been having fertility treatment.

Ivf jumped to my mind.  My sister had triplets with that.

Pips

I don't understand what is the problem of IVF treatments... Why someone will not use it if nature doesn't help them...

Curryong

Quote from: Pips on October 17, 2014, 10:40:19 AM
I don't understand what is the problem of IVF treatments... Why someone will not use it if nature doesn't help them...

Yes, I can't see any problem with it either. So long as the end result is a healthy baby or twins, why not?

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I would question whether IVF was used.  When I worked for my local diocese, I was surprised to learn that not only is birth control forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church, IVF is also forbidden.  Why?  Here, from the website of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops:

QuoteBegotten Not Made: A Catholic View of Reproductive Technology

One reproductive technology which the Church has clearly and unequivocally judged to be immoral is in vitro fertilization or IVF. Unfortunately, most Catholics are not aware of the Church's teaching, do not know that IVF is immoral, and some have used it in attempting to have children. If a couple is unaware that the procedure is immoral, they are not subjectively guilty of sin. Children conceived through this procedure are children of God and are loved by their parents, as they should be. Like all children, regardless of the circumstances of their conception and birth, they should be loved, cherished and cared for.
But even if the egg and sperm come from husband and wife, serious moral problems arise. Invariably several embryos are brought into existence; only those which show the greatest promise of growing to term are implanted in the womb. The others are simply discarded or used for experiments. This is a terrible offense against human life. While a little baby may ultimately be born because of this procedure, other lives are usually snuffed out in the process.

More: Begotten Not Made: A Catholic View of Reproductive Technology

Cindy

Limabeany

Given the rarity of pregnancies and births after wedlock for this family, I wouldn't doubt or question anything based on their religion.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I know, but since they are a Roman Catholic monarchy, I would hope they would follow the rules as an example.  But then, maybe they don't know the rules.  I know women who work for the diocese where I worked, who use birth control, and I know at least one woman who underwent IVF after turning in her resignation ... and they all knew the rules.

Cindy

amabel

I should say that Albert sits lightly to his religion and may not agree with the Church's' postion on it anyway.  besides, he may feel that it is important that he has a legitimate heir.

cinrit

QuoteAnnouncement Expected from Monaco Palace in Next Few Days About Princess Charlene's Twins

After the happy news was confirmed that Princess Charlene of Monaco is expecting twins with Prince Albert, royal watchers began to wonder what the prospect of double baby joy would mean for the issue of succession to the Monegasque throne.

There has been much speculation, but in the absence of knowing the sex of the babies, or if they will be delivered by cesarean or naturally, commentators have been left to guess.

According to the publication Paris Match, everything will soon me made clear during an official announcement from the Princely Palace of Monaco in the next few days.

Princess Charlene confirmed this to the magazine during an interview about her charitable causes and her feelings towards impending motherhood.

More: Princess Charlene's twins: announcement expected from Monaco Palace in next few days - hellomagazine.com

Cindy