Spanish Royals on summer holiday in Mallorca

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 29, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

Exactly!  Seaside towns are dieing a death....time to holiday in Skegness, Bournemouth, Blackpool and the like.  Just like the common folk do...what with the "Kate effect" and all...  :orchid:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

SophieChloe

Quote from: Canuck on August 11, 2014, 09:08:04 PM
I mentioned in passing W&K, but rather than continue this here perhaps we should get back on topic since this is a thread about the Spanish Royals?  We've already had many discussions about W&K's schedule in the BRF forums.   :thumbsup:
Yep, you're right.  Just for reference, we can continue it here : William and Kate to Clear Their Calendars for August (Threads Merged)

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

QuoteShe's a Right Royal Yummy Mummy! Stylish Queen Letizia Joins King Felipe and Their Two Adorable Daughters for a Family Day Out

She might have been spending the day in the mountains but that certainly didn't mean letting her sartorial standards slip.

Spain's Queen Letizia was with her husband King Felipe and two adorable daughters and managed to look every inch the yummy mummy in a pair of casual chinos and a pretty printed T-shirt.

The royal couple and their daughters are currently on their annual holiday to the Balearic party isle, and have been spending much of their time relaxing in the Marivent Palace just outside capital Palma.

More: Queen Letizia of Spain joins King Felipe and daughters for family day out | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jennifer

QuoteKing Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain explore Majorca's mountain range with daughters
11 AUGUST 2014
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain took their two daughters out to explore the local surroundings while on holiday in Majorca.

The royal couple, who returned to the Balearic island for the first time as king and queen since they ascended the throne in June, headed to the beautiful Serra de Tramuntana mountain range – a UNESCO world heritage site.

Taking a guided tour around the Raixa country mansion, which has parts dating back to the 13th century and is set in the foothills of the mountains, Leonor, Princess of Asturias and her younger sister Princess Sofía showed great interest in the visit.

Read more:
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia in Majorca with Leonor and Sofia - hellomagazine.com
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Blue Clover

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: cinrit on August 12, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
QuoteShe's a Right Royal Yummy Mummy! Stylish Queen Letizia Joins King Felipe and Their Two Adorable Daughters for a Family Day Out

She might have been spending the day in the mountains but that certainly didn't mean letting her sartorial standards slip.

Spain's Queen Letizia was with her husband King Felipe and two adorable daughters and managed to look every inch the yummy mummy in a pair of casual chinos and a pretty printed T-shirt.

The royal couple and their daughters are currently on their annual holiday to the Balearic party isle, and have been spending much of their time relaxing in the Marivent Palace just outside capital Palma.

More: Queen Letizia of Spain joins King Felipe and daughters for family day out | Mail Online

Cindy

If you had read my post, you would've noticed that I'd already posted this article... :hug::

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on August 11, 2014, 03:22:13 PM
Some more photos from MyRoyals:

Summer Holiday in Mallorca | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

And an article from the Daily Fail Mail: Queen Letizia of Spain joins King Felipe and daughters for family day out | Mail Online

Leonor and Sofia are adorable little girls. They are getting so tall now! Sofia is catching up with Leonor in regards to height, although I have a feeling that she will stay smaller than her as the younger sister. I agree TLLK and Canuck, it is nice of the family to raise more interest in less well known places of interests. Last year it was La Granja in Esporles, which I visited the year before that.

I read elsewhere that Leonor and Sofia joined their parents and grandmother at a sailing event in Mallorca after their visit to Raixa.

cinrit

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on August 15, 2014, 04:55:02 PM
If you had read my post, you would've noticed that I'd already posted this article... :hug:: 

Oh, tsk tsk on me ... it happens.  People double-post articles sometimes.  It's not such a big deal. :hug:

Cindy

Lady Adams

Guys, we appreciate both your efforts to keep us informed with all the latest royal news. :flower:

Pretty sure I'd love to take a dip in the turquoise water there!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on August 11, 2014, 09:08:04 PM
I mentioned in passing W&K, but rather than continue this here perhaps we should get back on topic since this is a thread about the Spanish Royals?  We've already had many discussions about W&K's schedule in the BRF forums.   :thumbsup:
Agreed! I'll be curious to see if Felipe and Letizia continue the family tradition of a summer holiday in Mallorca as the years go by.

Limabeany

They do seem to enjoy vacationing in Spain.  :Jen:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

They've been seen on holiday outside of the country as well ie: Portugal,Florida but the press tends to leave them alone when requested. I've also seen photos of them visiting W-A and Max and vice-versa. However the SRF  much like many other royal families does understand that they have to be seen visiting sites at home much like the Windsors go to Balmoral and Sandringham or the Imperial Family visits mountain resorts in Japan. The Dutch royals will take short trips to the lakes in their homeland as well.

Limabeany

Yes, but the Spanish royals do seem to vacation in their country frequently, of course, they do have nice beaches,  I am sure that helps.  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: cinrit on August 15, 2014, 05:50:50 PMOh, tsk tsk on me ... it happens.  People double-post articles sometimes.  It's not such a big deal. :hug:

Cindy

My apologies – I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'll try not to bother you with this again, since I agree now after having thought about it, at the end of the day, it's not that big a deal. :flower: I must admit that I've double-posted before – there are lots of articles being posted here (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong), so the original posting of a certain article, particularly if it was posted on an earlier page of the thread, will get overlooked at times.

Quote from: Lady Adams on August 15, 2014, 06:24:14 PM
Guys, we appreciate both your efforts to keep us informed with all the latest royal news. :flower:

Pretty sure I'd love to take a dip in the turquoise water there!

Aw, thanks Lady Adams. :flower: I agree about that water, it looks so lovely and calm. I'd much rather swim in that than English sea, any day.

Quote from: Limabeany on August 17, 2014, 06:35:14 AM
Yes, but the Spanish royals do seem to vacation in their country frequently, of course, they do have nice beaches,  I am sure that helps.  :happy15:

Yes that is true - and they also have the Balearic Islands which includes Ibiza and Formentera (which is like heaven on earth, especially Es Caló), so they're spoilt for choice!

Quote from: TLLK on August 17, 2014, 06:31:43 AM
They've been seen on holiday outside of the country as well ie: Portugal,Florida but the press tends to leave them alone when requested. I've also seen photos of them visiting W-A and Max and vice-versa. However the SRF  much like many other royal families does understand that they have to be seen visiting sites at home much like the Windsors go to Balmoral and Sandringham or the Imperial Family visits mountain resorts in Japan. The Dutch royals will take short trips to the lakes in their homeland as well.

I've read reports of them visiting WA and Maxima, but have never seen photos before - out of interest, can you remember where you saw them? I'd love to see them myself. :)

cinrit

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on August 17, 2014, 04:50:07 PM
My apologies – I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'll try not to bother you with this again, since I agree now after having thought about it, at the end of the day, it's not that big a deal. :flower: I must admit that I've double-posted before – there are lots of articles being posted here (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong), so the original posting of a certain article, particularly if it was posted on an earlier page of the thread, will get overlooked at times.   

:hug:

Cindy

Limabeany

So glad you're back, HereditaryPrincess!  :hug: :banana:

TLLK

Hereditary Princess-I've seen photos of the Dutch royals with the couple a few years ago in Madrid. The AAA team went with them. Cristina might have been in the photos too. The families were walking down some stairs. It made sense to me that that Spanish royals would become friends with W-A and Max and that their children could all converse together. Even W-A has mentioned that his Spanish has improved a great deal over the years and they could all fall back on English.

The Dutch royal couple have reportedly invited other couples to visit and prior to W-A's ascension they had all of the other European CP couples over for  a visit to Het Loo in the early spring and a group photo was taken. MM, Frederik, Charles and Camilla were not there, but the rest of the gang and their spouses came!!! :)

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Limabeany on August 17, 2014, 06:04:27 PM
So glad you're back, HereditaryPrincess!  :hug: :banana:

Aw, thanks Limabeany! I probably won't be posting as much as I used to in the upcoming weeks/months as well as next year, since life is going to be quite busy for me. But (fingers crossed) I'll try to post whenever I have free time. :)

Quote from: TLLK on August 17, 2014, 06:05:44 PM
Hereditary Princess-I've seen photos of the Dutch royals with the couple a few years ago in Madrid. The AAA team went with them. Cristina might have been in the photos too. The families were walking down some stairs. It made sense to me that that Spanish royals would become friends with W-A and Max and that their children could all converse together. Even W-A has mentioned that his Spanish has improved a great deal over the years and they could all fall back on English.

The Dutch royal couple have reportedly invited other couples to visit and prior to W-A's ascension they had all of the other European CP couples over for  a visit to Het Loo in the early spring and a group photo was taken. MM, Frederik, Charles and Camilla were not there, but the rest of the gang and their spouses came!!! :)

Thanks for the extra detail. I tried searching for the photos on Google Images, but it wasn't successful. I agree, it does make sense that the SRF and the DRF have become friends – I also seem to remember reading that when they see each other, Leonor and Sofia speak in Spanish to the AAA's, since Maxima is Argentinean and she must have passed Spanish onto the Princesses.

Going off-topic, I also know that Princess Beatrix (nearly typed in 'Queen' there!) is friends with HM, and that round about the time Diana passed away, she was at Balmoral, although apparently not on the actual day of Diana's death. I reckon that the Earl of Wessex is friends with Prince Joachim too, since he is a godfather to his son Nikolai.

TLLK

Joining you in a brief off topic-I've read that the ladies speak on the phone about once a week. I saw some very sweet photos of QEII greeting Beatrix at her Jubilee luncheon for her fellow monarchs/ruling princes etc...I'd like to think that Elizabeth gave Beatrix and her family a great deal of behind the scenes support with Friso while he was in the UK and after he passed.

I've read before that JC, Albert and Beatrix are also close and used each other as advisers from time to time. Apparently Albert contacted JC and Beatrix after his brother's death to ask for advice on becoming the monarch.

JC and Sofia were also very supportive of Fabiola after Baudoin's unexpected death which happened at their villa in Spain.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on August 18, 2014, 03:42:13 PM
Joining you in a brief off topic-I've read that the ladies speak on the phone about once a week. I saw some very sweet photos of QEII greeting Beatrix at her Jubilee luncheon for her fellow monarchs/ruling princes etc...I'd like to think that Elizabeth gave Beatrix and her family a great deal of behind the scenes support with Friso while he was in the UK and after he passed.

I've read before that JC, Albert and Beatrix are also close and used each other as advisers from time to time. Apparently Albert contacted JC and Beatrix after his brother's death to ask for advice on becoming the monarch.

JC and Sofia were also very supportive of Fabiola after Baudoin's unexpected death which happened at their villa in Spain.

Thanks for the extra information. :) I do believe that HM is also friends with Queen Margrethe of Denmark, in the Our Queen documentary which was made for her Diamond Jubilee, you could see photos of her and Crown Prince Frederik on a chest of drawers/small table in the room where she usually holds audiences with David Cameron (the slightly crowded one with a large rug and fireplace, I can't remember it's name).

TLLK

I agree. With Bea, Margrethe and QEII  being a current/former reigning queen it  gives them a unique position in a role that is usually dominated by men.

I've noticed that Sofia and Bea will often sit together at royal weddings and events especially since Prince Claus' death in 2002.

BTW do you know when the family will be returning to Madrid?

Limabeany

HereditaryPrincess

August 30

King Felipe and Queen Letizia were spotted at a charity concert in Palma de Mallorca:

:King Felipe and Queen Letizia | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

Hmm, the media said that they would return to Mainland Spain in mid-August, but it is now the end of August and they are still on holiday. Perhaps when Leonor and Sofia go back to school, they will return, so today should be round about their last day then.

Limabeany

Blue Clover