Sections of the Board Under Maintenance

Started by Windsor, November 21, 2014, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

When I click on some of the categories and topic threads on this website, I get this message:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Does this have something to do with the maintenance of the forum ?  Maybe this just happens from my internet connection problems.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Windsor

We are currently having database connection problems. I am working through this issue now. I hope it will be fixed shortly. In the mean time, if it happens just give it a few seconds and try again.  :hug: :hug:

Jennifer

Thanks, Windsor. Whenever I see the error message, I will try to reload the page.  :thumbsup:
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

wannable

Has the chat section per BRF Royals privatized for login members view only prompted more influx of guest subscribing to the RIF? If not, idea - promote the chat sections where guest may know that the chat section can be viewed only by login.

Jenee

Hey wannable... it doesn't seem to have made a difference in average # of registrations per week. We closed those sections to guests because we're not moderating them... they're private just as an added protection for the forum. There are several sections only available through log-in... the chat boards and all the non-royal boards too. Promoting those areas is not a bad idea...
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

Quote from: Jennifer on December 05, 2014, 12:36:37 PM
When I click on some of the categories and topic threads on this website, I get this message:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Does this have something to do with the maintenance of the forum ?  Maybe this just happens from my internet connection problems.

FYI @Windsor I'm getting this error today

wannable

Quote from: Jenee on December 08, 2014, 08:37:16 PM
Hey wannable... it doesn't seem to have made a difference in average # of registrations per week. We closed those sections to guests because we're not moderating them... they're private just as an added protection for the forum. There are several sections only available through log-in... the chat boards and all the non-royal boards too. Promoting those areas is not a bad idea...

Thank you.

Another question, I'm a bit confused where to open a new thread.

A new article should be posted in general chat where there's no moderation or in the view it all section of the board.

Chat section says its for unofficial general chat and discussions, but I've seen new threads with new articles posted there.

TY

Jenee

I know, it's getting a little messy and confusing. News articles (current events, etc) should be posted in the main boards. Other articles on fluffy stuff (what Kate wore, etc) and other chatty threads should be posted in the general chat board. The main board is for more serious content.

wannable