Prince William Meets With Sexual Abuse Survivors in Soccer

Started by sara8150, September 12, 2017, 04:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Prince William Visits With Victims of Sexual Abuse at Sporting Chance

Double post auto-merged: September 12, 2017, 04:35:59 PM

Prince William meets child sex abuse survivors to learn how sport clubs can help victims
Prince William meets child sex abuse survivors to learn how sport clubs can help victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

See Duke of Cambridge Prince William make surprise pit stop at McLaren HQ in Woking - Get Surrey

And he also had a second engagement today at the McLaren Headquarters in Woking.

Double post auto-merged: September 13, 2017, 01:32:32 AM

Quote from: sara8150 on September 12, 2017, 04:25:25 PM
Prince William Visits With Victims of Sexual Abuse at Sporting Chance

Double post auto-merged: September 12, 2017, 04:35:59 PM

Prince William meets child sex abuse survivors to learn how sport clubs can help victims
Prince William meets child sex abuse survivors to learn how sport clubs can help victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Sadly there are sexual predators in all forms of sports classes and teams as it does give them access to potential victims.

Curryong

It is sad, TLLK. The perpetrators/predators are very cunning and sick individuals. Unfortunately, in Australia at least it has resulted in a dearth of eager and good hearted young men who are reluctant to enter professions where they will come into contact with young children.

Besides primary school and kindergarten teachers, (and children thrive in school with decent male role models)  goodness knows what scandal after scandal has done for the reputation of the RC Church over the years and the numbers of young males wishing to enter the priesthood. There are other reasons such as celibacy of course, but I believe all over the world numbers have drastically fallen.

As well, many males really love sport and coaching youngsters in their spare time, just as do scout masters and the like. As well, there are programmes here like 'Big Brother' which aims to match young fatherless boys with older males who will help and guide and enjoy hobbies with them. The organisers of that programme also struggle to find men who will come forward to participate.

So, scummy and sick individuals have queered the pitch for other men, who now hesitate to help and assist youngsters or even give them a consoling hug after a losing game or if they hurt themselves. Pretty dreadful IMO.

sara8150

royalanthropologist

You are so right @Curryong but the fear also affects women in helping professions too. I was counselling a young man who had had an affair with a teacher and had gotten HIV as a result. When he broke down after the diagnosis, I wanted to give him a hug but thought the better of it. What if he said I was coming onto him? The consequences do not bear thinking about so I just sat behind my desk and offered words of comfort instead. I know it is silly at my age but I thought the last thing I want is to be put on a list.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

@Curryong and @royalanthropologist-I agree that the damage done by a few impacts so many of those who want to volunteer and give back to their communities.

FanDianaFancy

No doubt , this will be a  private  duty. Private, no media for this meeting with these  healers ( rather than say  victims) .
Good  for PW  to bring  attention to  something , awful as it is, real in these times and that  must be stopped by  laws, long jail sentences, etc.
Ribbon  cutting, plaque  unveiling  is  just not  always the  best and only  way for BRF to have  attention called to causes  and some cause are  not "safe traditional "  causes.

Sidenote, YES, I  can say this about CPB although  I am not a  fan of hers. Her work with  abused  women  is important and  private  as well  ribbon cutting  and  "traditional safer" things.

Thanks to PD for bringing  BRF  and TPTB  into  modern times  with  some other things that  need their attention as well.
Thanks to PD, in the time she  had  here with her  sons, by showing  them  "unsafe traditional" causes  , of  things happening in their  country and world.