Prince Harry to host a party for Sentebale ....

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 24, 2014, 11:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessinwaiting

"RT @RoyalReporter: Joss Stone and Beverley Knight will perform at the Sentebale party, marking 10 years since the Princes set up the charity."
—    via http://twitter.com/britishroyals (via britishroyalstweets)
Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso will host a party on May 7th to mark 10 years @Sentebale has been aiding Lesotho Children.
By @carolyndurand (via britishroyals)
QuotePrince Harry & Prince Seeiso to host Summer Party
On Wednesday 7th May 2014, Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso will host the Sentebale Summer Party at The Dorchester, Park Lane, London.

The evening is to mark 10 years since the Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso made their commitment to helping the vulnerable children of Lesotho.

In 2004, Prince Harry visited Lesotho on his gap year and was shown around the country by Prince Seeiso. Overwhelmed by the poverty and hardship faced by many children together they decided to set up Sentebale, which means 'forget me not' in Sesotho, with the aim of giving some of the most vulnerable children the chance of a happy, hopeful future.

Today, Sentebale works in partnership with local community-run organisations, other NGOS, local government ministers and chiefs to provide healthcare and education to thousands of children who have been affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic and extreme poverty.

The Sentebale Summer Party will include a VIP drinks reception and dinner, followed by recognition awards to celebrate key individuals and organisations that have shaped the charity into what it is today. Guest will enjoy entertainment from the very latest magical act, Troy, music from award-winning soul singer and songwriter Joss Stone and straight from The Bodyguard to perform with Joss, Beverley Knight.

Sentebale | Prince Harry & Prince Seeiso to host Summer Party

Really looking forward to it  :happy20:  do you think his made in chelsea people will be there ? Like Jaime Lainge , Spencer Mathews ..................etc ?

PrincessOfPeace

Okay... I'll play the bad guy and ask questions that would get asked if this was his brother but are always overlooked when its Hazza.

Why can't Harry Harry set up charities focusing on the plight of children in Britain, after all he is a senior member of the BRF and we need all the help we can get and this 'fancy gala' seems like a waste of time. Why does Lesotho come before the 'tax-paying' people of Britain?

Harry should be using his private money and actually go back to Lesotho and help out. If he must have his charities outside Britain, at least be 'hands on' and not just travel to Africa for hunting safaris and photo ops...

Harry is a very senior member of the BRF and the son and brother of two future kings, he needs to be criticised. I fund Harry's 'lavish' lifestyle (security, private residences and many other 'perks') and as a very senior member of the BRF I think he can so much more to help the people of Britain IMO.

I'm interested to read any replies.

good221

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 24, 2014, 12:45:39 PM
Okay... I'll play the bad guy and ask questions that would get asked if this was his brother but are always overlooked when its Hazza.

Why can't Harry Harry set up charities focusing on the plight of children in Britain, after all he is a senior member of the BRF and we need all the help we can get and this 'fancy gala' seems like a waste of time. Why does Lesotho come before the 'tax-paying' people of Britain?

Harry should be using his private money and actually go back to Lesotho and help out. If he must have his charities outside Britain, at least be 'hands on' and not just travel to Africa for hunting safaris and photo ops...

Harry is a very senior member of the BRF and the son and brother of two future kings, he needs to be criticised. I fund Harry's 'lavish' lifestyle (security, private residences and many other 'perks') and as a very senior member of the BRF I think he can so much more to help the people of Britain IMO.

I'm interested to read any replies.

I am a Brit and is on fair to ask one brother for a one thing and not the other, both William and harry are both future of Britain monarch  and that future is slowing disappear because both don't do what must be done to keep  it alive for the next century the only do what they think need to be done. I would love Both to get involve with homeless here at home and soup kitchen and  rebuild some homes that were affect by last water storm  But  William and harry only do the waves and 10min show up to carry boxes and make speech and life goes on. That is why I am disappointed at the Britain Media because all they cares about is their personal issues like who they are dating and what their women in their life is wearing and who look more like their dead mother and what not! Never about writing about why they are not doing more to help the people that will be responsible  for paying all their future bill and their children educations, non of these is ever on the media cold heart mind. If you look at  the other countries like Denmark, Sweden, Norway their reporter is all about asking the real question on what their monarch is doing to help their countries and their people and how they can improve on these matter that is why those country will be moving forward unlike the Brit monarch that have becoming more Hollywood less monarchy and that seems to be their future Hollywood celebrity where they can parade on their fashion clothing with their soap opera Drama. So we tax payer can get a break away form these free loader. :notamused:

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 24, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

If that is the reason behind asking these questions then it's not a very genuine reason , but I do hope someone helps you out and answers your Questions.  :orchid:

TLLK

^^^IMHO Harry like his brother and sister-in-law will be taking on more charities/patronages in the future. At present he is also part of the Foundation that the three are involved in. That does cover issues that are pertinent to the UK.

If he chooses to involve himself in a charity that focuses upon the poorest of the poor than I'm not going to criticize him for it. Harry's had the opportunity to travel abroad and realizes that what is considered poor in a First World nation is nothing compared to the plight of too many around the globe.

Eri

^ I agree he will be more involved with the UK Charities as time goes by and it will all about Chuck and his family ... other than that ... I find it totally normal that what he saw in Africa effected him and he used his position to help ... at least he set a Charity ...

TLLK

^^^Also Harry like his brother is also in "waiting mode" to some degree. IMHO he won't be going full-time royal for some time, though I did find the timing of his transfer to desk job interesting.

PrincessOfPeace

I don't necessarily disagree with any of you its just there so many different standards trotted out depending which royal is being discussed.

Some royals are given a pass and some are unfairly treated in my opinion.

Btw, I happen to think Harry's role should be the same as all the royals of his generation. 'Waiting mode'

Princessinwaiting

I believe he works but to believe he works harder than William and kate is just pushing it  :orchid:  it's a my favourites better than your thing all over again like with charles and William people said Ahhh william is better and now they favour harry give it 10 -20 years they will favour george then his brother then his kids lol

It's also about how devilishly charming prince harry has always been that tends to be the reason some believe he's intrinsically some kind of poor fellow who's deprived of his rightful good rep lol  wonder of harry ever thinks if that before he does his stupid *** .and does he really care ...not likely .
Back to the event it's a nice event but it's a party he's doing what he knows best  :happy:

robynrose

Sentebale. Is a great org and has done a lot for the children in Lesotho and is trying to expand . It is not part of the Royal Foundation since it is just Harry's and I believe established before the brothers formed theirs( Kate later added) one of the things the foundation wants to do is help young people Have u ever seen the video of Harry in Nottingham ( helping young people ) also his rugby visits with kids is geared to help kids take part in sports and no matter financial situation can play . TheFoundation is trying in the UK

Double post auto-merged: April 24, 2014, 09:23:06 PM

As far as a party it is a celebration of what Sentebale  has  achieved and hopes to achieve . I would imagine it is also a sort of thank you to those that have helped . I know what else one would call it . Perhaps a gala . This seems rather nice to me

Double post auto-merged: April 24, 2014, 09:24:12 PM

It seems to be a low key thing rather a full out ball

Princessinwaiting

I've seen all of them very sweet he knows to play and be approachable with kids  :blowkiss: I even saw the gap year one where he was with this one child I don't recall the name but the kid was very young and he was hugging him and just all the children there were forming a group around harry ..very sweet  :vday2: he cares about his charity  :wellduh: but he's doing what someone from his group knows to do and that's host a party where people with the right contacts ;)

Izabella

Quotethe evening is to mark 10 years since the Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso made their commitment to helping the vulnerable children of Lesotho.

Great!  :thumbsup:

Windsor

Prince Harry to host Sentebale 10th Anniversary party | Royal Insight

QuotePrince Harry is to join forces once again with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho and host a party at the Dorchester in London in order to mark the 10th anniversary of their charity Sentebale.

Sentebale was set up by both Princes following a visit to Lesotho by Prince Harry during his gap year. Sentebale means 'Forget me not' in Sesotho. It was chosen as a memorial to the late Diana, Princess of Wales and Queen Mamohato of Lesotho.

sandy

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 24, 2014, 05:13:19 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with any of you its just there so many different standards trotted out depending which royal is being discussed.

Some royals are given a pass and some are unfairly treated in my opinion.

Btw, I happen to think Harry's role should be the same as all the royals of his generation. 'Waiting mode'

I never heard that royals of his generation must be on "waiting mode." Waiting for what? They are adults now not kids and it is not "wrong" for them to do more than wait. So what does "waiting" entail? Doing little and seeking pleasure going on trips, going to parties, etc.

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2014, 02:33:48 PM

Quote from: Eri on April 24, 2014, 03:37:11 PM
^ I agree he will be more involved with the UK Charities as time goes by and it will all about Chuck and his family ... other than that ... I find it totally normal that what he saw in Africa effected him and he used his position to help ... at least he set a Charity ...

Charles is in dreamland if he thinks the work can get done with only his family. He can't do it all by himself especially if the boys are in "waiting mode" and Camilla does the minimum and Kate is a housewife, etc etc etc.

HsHCharlene

I don't think it's just about work but about saving the tax payer money on paying for royals. Eugenie and Beatrice are normal girls who happen to have titles now and their children will most likely not have titles so he is just doing the practical thing and cutting it off at them. Will Kate and Harry/wife will have more children with titles that will keep the work and monarchy going. What's the point of having 'royals' with no title working?

I don't get the waiting mode either, it's just an excuse for young people who don't want to own up to their responsibilities as adults. The older generation of royals married by this time in their lives, had children, and worked as full-time royals. The younger generation is really spoiled in that aspect because they want all the perks but whine about the responsibilities that come with those perks.

cate1949

I agree 0n the waiting thing - waiting only encourages immaturity in their behavior.  I know this sounds dull - but work is what structures our lives and gives us goals - without meaningful work you tend to drift - become more hedonistic and self indulgent.  So it is important that  they "work" now maybe since they are junior royals they should "work" as in a career but that seems not acceptable to this royal family.  It is the lack of qork that accounts IMHO for a lot of the criticism of the younger royals.

As for Sentebale - I think there has to be a balance - to help provide for the most poor is worthwhile and a nation as rich as the UK should have something to spare for those very poor of Lesotho.  But Harry also needs to show that same kind of commitment to issues in the UK - and I think he does through things like his work with wounded soldiers.

sandy

Quote from: HsHCharlene on April 27, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
I don't think it's just about work but about saving the tax payer money on paying for royals. Eugenie and Beatrice are normal girls who happen to have titles now and their children will most likely not have titles so he is just doing the practical thing and cutting it off at them. Will Kate and Harry/wife will have more children with titles that will keep the work and monarchy going. What's the point of having 'royals' with no title working?

I don't get the waiting mode either, it's just an excuse for young people who don't want to own up to their responsibilities as adults. The older generation of royals married by this time in their lives, had children, and worked as full-time royals. The younger generation is really spoiled in that aspect because they want all the perks but whine about the responsibilities that come with those perks.
\

It's more petty than practical IMO. What would be practical is if Charles asked his nieces to pitch in and work. Harry, Kate and Will are not exactly powerhouses and neither is Camilla. Charles can't do this all by himself.  He needs to have others pitching in.

The children that Harry and WIll have will take about 20 plus years to get going on royal duties--but more realistically after they finish Uni. In the meantime, Charles can't rely on just his own children to get all the work done unless he's more deluded than I think he is.

Technically Bea and Eugenie have titles and are HRHs. I can understand Anne's and Edward's children getting on with their own lives and not pitching in. I think Bea and Eugenie should work.

cinrit

From Twitter:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  46m
Prince Harry has arrived at The Dorchester in London for the Sentebale Summer Party. He's gone straight into a private reception.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  42m
Harry's chatting to celeb supporters, including Kian Egan of Westlife and his wife, actress Jodi Albert.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals  18m
Pictures: Prince Harry arrives at the #SentebaleParty @Sentebale Press Association Images ... http://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2014/05/07/sentebale_summer_party,_london ...

British Royals ‏@britishroyals  11m
Prince Harry at the #SentebaleParty marking 10 yrs of helping Lesotho children (@HuffPostUKPics) pic.twitter.com/dAaCbaysZG
Twitter / HuffPostUKPics: Prince Harry attends a summer ...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail  5m
The VIP guests are all about to head into dinner including Prince Harry @Sentebale #princeharry pic.twitter.com/XteNZj8EFG
Twitter / RE_DailyMail: The VIP guests are all about ...

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Dapper Harry arrives at the Dorchester minus a tie (and a girlfriend) as he celebrates 10th anniversary of his AIDS charity set up in memory of mother

A dapper Prince Harry tonight attended a glitzy summer party to celebrate the 10th anniversary of his charity, Sentebale -  without a date on his arm.

The newly single royal, who split with his girlfriend of two years, Cressida Bonas, last week, was at the Dorchester Hotel in London to mark his charity's achievements working with Aids orphans and disadvantaged children in the African kingdom of Lesotho.

The fourth in line to the throne was greeted by his friend and the charity's co-founder, Prince Seeiso, a member of Lesotho's ruling family.

The seed of Sentebale was first planted in 2004 when the prince spent two months in the impoverished African kingdom of Lesotho during his gap year.

He had been invited to visit the land-locked country located within South Africa by a member of its ruling family, Prince Seeiso, a friend of his mentor, ex-army officer Mark Dyer. The experience made a lasting impression on the young royal, who was then aged 19.

Not only did Harry come face-to-face with hundreds of Aids orphans but he also visited herd boys living a harsh existence in remote mountain areas looking after cattle.

Two years later he returned to set up the charity Sentebale - which means forget me not in the local Basotho dialect - with Prince Seeiso to help youngsters in need.

The organisation's name - chosen by Harry - is a poignant tribute to his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, who was killed in a car crash in 1997, and points to Harry's drive to ensure both the Princess and the children of Lesotho are never forgotten.

According to latest statistics, some 23 per cent of the country's entire population – around 360,000 people - are infected with HIV. Of that, 38,000 are believed to be children. Tragically, 150,000 youngsters – one in three - have been left orphans by the epidemic. Lesotho now has the third highest prevalence of the disease in the world with the average life expectancy of people living there just 48.7 years.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Prince Harry celebrates Sentebale's 10th birthday - hellomagazine.com

It was the first time we have seen Prince Harry in public since the news that he had split form his girlfriend Cressida Bonas.

The young prince looked in high spirits, as guests at the party were treated to a VIP drinks reception and dinner, followed by recognition awards to celebrate key individuals and organisations that have shaped the charity into what it is today.

While Sentebale was set up in 2006, a statement released on the organisation's official website confirmed that "the evening is to mark 10 years since the Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso made their commitment to helping the vulnerable children of Lesotho" as it was in 2004, while he was on his gap year, that Prince Harry visited Lesotho.

The pair, who have both lost their mothers, decided to set up Sentebale, which means 'forget me not' in Sesotho, in the hope of giving some of the most vulnerable children the chance of a happy, hopeful future.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sandy

Quote from: Limabeany on May 07, 2014, 08:02:27 PM
Dapper Harry arrives at the Dorchester minus a tie (and a girlfriend) as he celebrates 10th anniversary of his AIDS charity set up in memory of mother

A dapper Prince Harry tonight attended a glitzy summer party to celebrate the 10th anniversary of his charity, Sentebale -  without a date on his arm.

The newly single royal, who split with his girlfriend of two years, Cressida Bonas, last week, was at the Dorchester Hotel in London to mark his charity's achievements working with Aids orphans and disadvantaged children in the African kingdom of Lesotho.

The fourth in line to the throne was greeted by his friend and the charity's co-founder, Prince Seeiso, a member of Lesotho's ruling family.

The seed of Sentebale was first planted in 2004 when the prince spent two months in the impoverished African kingdom of Lesotho during his gap year.

He had been invited to visit the land-locked country located within South Africa by a member of its ruling family, Prince Seeiso, a friend of his mentor, ex-army officer Mark Dyer. The experience made a lasting impression on the young royal, who was then aged 19.

Not only did Harry come face-to-face with hundreds of Aids orphans but he also visited herd boys living a harsh existence in remote mountain areas looking after cattle.

Two years later he returned to set up the charity Sentebale - which means forget me not in the local Basotho dialect - with Prince Seeiso to help youngsters in need.

The organisation's name - chosen by Harry - is a poignant tribute to his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, who was killed in a car crash in 1997, and points to Harry's drive to ensure both the Princess and the children of Lesotho are never forgotten.

According to latest statistics, some 23 per cent of the country's entire population – around 360,000 people - are infected with HIV. Of that, 38,000 are believed to be children. Tragically, 150,000 youngsters – one in three - have been left orphans by the epidemic. Lesotho now has the third highest prevalence of the disease in the world with the average life expectancy of people living there just 48.7 years.

Can't there be an article without a mention of Miss Cressie in it. Are the tabs on the payroll of the Bransons/Bonases?  I didn't miss her there and his pretending not to be with her. She needs to take a hint.

cate1949

^ agree - give it a rest.  But it just occurred to me - every event Harry has had since the christening has featured tabloid claims Cressie would attend with him - but there was never any speculation or claims she would attend this event- when actually it was - given her debut at WE - more likely that this is the one event she would attend. 

good221

What is cress there I did not see the photo?? I am lost on what is going on??

Limabeany

Single Harry mingles with glamorou women at first official engagement since Cressida split | Royal | News | Daily Express

After a weekend of partying at his friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, the casually dressed fourth in line to the throne was without a date at a glittering summer party at the Dorchester Hotel in London.

He and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho were the guests of honour at a party celebrating the 10th anniversary of their decision to set up the Sentebale charity to help Aids orphans and other vulnerable children in the southern African kingdom of Lesotho in memory of their late mothers.

Seeiso, 48, the younger brother of King Letsie III, has been a valued friend and mentor to Harry, 29, and greeted him warmly last night.

Among the stars at the glitzy event was singer Joss Stone, who visited some of the charity's projects in Africa last month and entertained fellow guests during the evening. Other star turns include magician Troy and soul singer Beverley Knight.

Harry's cousin Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn were among the guests as were Westlife singer Kian Egan and his wife, actress Jodi Albert. "Let's be honest, if you get invited by Prince Harry you don't say no," Egan said. "It's great to be invited and also great to be here.

Harry recently gave up his job as a frontline Apache helicopter pilot to take a London-based desk job with the army and concentrate on his royal duties and charitable initiatives.

Last week it emerged he had unexpectedly split from his girlfriend, ex-dance student Cressida Bonas, with friends suggesting that the 25-year-old found it difficult to live under the spotlight of being a royal girlfriend.

However, friends have suggested that Harry and Cressida's separation is likely to be temporary and predict that the pair will rekindle their romance.

Sentebale's chairman Philip Green (note to subs: not the Top Shop one) accepted that Lesotho remained in the United Nations's list of the poorest 20 countries in the world but said the charity had been able to help many thousands of people in the kingdom and had much to celebrate.