Happy? 35th anniversary Diana <3

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, July 29, 2016, 05:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well its after midnight here, so hard to believe it was 35 years ago that the greatest fairytale never told took place today. I know we pick apart the minutiae of C&D love life, but right now, I just want to remember her as that lovely bride, the most beautiful girl in the world, on her most beautiful day, or at least the day im sure she dreamt of.

I recommend the royal wedding documentary on youtube, it was done about 5 years ago, with lovely interviews of people involved, its worth it just for the David Emmanuel part at the end where he visits Althorp and the dress, hard to keep a dry eye.

Im sure we all have our fav memories of that day, fav pictures, and such. It would be great if everyone could share them here. I remember being up early luckily not too big a time difference, so thrilled to see her in the dress, but like im sure the ladies were with William, 30 yrs later, was a bit sad she was going off the market LOL.

Some of my fav images are of her as she comes out of the carriage, shes stooped a bit and laughing as they unravel her from the carriage, then as shes fussed over before she enters, she looks down and is so lovely, could just drink it in forever, and the informal picture afterwards where theyre all slumped over, exhausted, im sure, and she has just the most radiant smile, mmmmmmm.  :crazylove:

Which ones are your faves????

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

michelle0187

Just watched the wedding of the century doc and it really lived up to it. She was very much like Cinderella come to life. I couldn't imagine anyone pulling that gown off the way she did. The way she moved like it wasn't heavy at all while holding unto her sickly father's arm was very touching to watch. The country at that time was grim and the wedding ceremony just brought the public together to celebrate it. That photo of them sitting on the floor giggling, was the most natural and spontaneous one I've ever seen. hm and the queen mother looked genuinely happy to be there. And lol at di getting away with saying his middle name wrong. How far downhill the marriage went, hasn't and probably won't change the memories the public have of that day. 

As for my favorite royal wedding gowns besides Diana's. There's grace Kelly and Stephanie grand duchess of Luxembourg.

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

Duch_Luver_4ever

lovely @LouisFerdinand  you can see the concern on her face, now is it just event day nerves, or was it as she said "felt like being a lamb led to the slaughter" ??? Guess we'll never know for sure, but she was such a beautiful bride, and love that her dad was able to make it down the aisle.