Prince Harry and Meghan visit Edinburgh on February 13

Started by sara8150, February 06, 2018, 09:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Which leads me to think that Harry's not yet "full time" like his brother and sister-in-law who moved on to the full time roster at the same time that Prince Phillip left it. IMVHO there might not be the funds to cover transportation and other costs related to warrant the another pair on that list.  At this point in time that would include, QEII, PoW, DoC, Cambridges, DoY, Wessexes, PR, Gloucesters, DoK and PA. That's thirteen full timers spanning three generations which make up Europe's largest group of full time working royals. Can they afford to add two more? I just don't know at this point in time. :shrug:

SophieChloe

@wannable I know you are cross that she is doing so fantastically well so far - so I will let your constant criticism of her go  :chill:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

SophieChloe

Quote from: TLLK on February 14, 2018, 01:04:43 AM
Which leads me to think that Harry's not yet "full time" like his brother and sister-in-law who moved on to the full time roster at the same time that Prince Phillip left it. IMVHO there might not be the funds to cover transportation and other costs related to warrant the another pair on that list.  At this point in time that would include, QEII, PoW, DoC, Cambridges, DoY, Wessexes, PR, Gloucesters, DoK and PA. That's thirteen full timers spanning three generations which make up Europe's largest group of full time working royals. Can they afford to add two more? I just don't know at this point in time. :shrug:
Full-time roster - are you joking @TLLK

wannable

No kidding, they moved back to London September 2017, when he left the EAAA! And his grandfather retired, and the Queen is delivering many of her responsibilities.

A clue: there kids are full time at London schools.

TLLK

No I'm not joking @SophieChloe. With three generations of family members working on behalf of the monarch, this is a much larger group than is typically involved when compared to other royal families. I do not think it is a mere coincidence that the DoE retires at the same time that the Cambridges become full time and make London their new base. Funds have to available to cover transportation and staff required for this large group so I'm not sure that we can categorically state that Harry is "full time" now. Charles has to assist in covering the costs for his, Camilla's, the Cambridges' and Harry's royal duties so this is an additional expense that he didn't have prio. Also  two of the DoE's staffers and there has been a shuffle in other staff who have now been moved to KP to assist there so there is shifting behind the scenes for those who work for the BRF.

SophieChloe

Excuses, excuses for the pair of lazy Cambridges. 

Take the excuses for Royals not doing much to here please :

The Politics of Monarchies & Republics

Thanks. 

Kritter

Quote from: SophieChloe on February 14, 2018, 01:11:00 AM
Full-time roster - are you joking @TLLK

Once they announce that they are full time it doesn't mean they must actually work doing engagements but that the announcement has been made so they can be praised for it.

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on February 14, 2018, 01:17:13 AM
Excuses, excuses for the pair of lazy Cambridges. 
We'll have to agree to disagree...again.  :friends:

SophieChloe

Take the excuses for Royals not doing much to here please :

The Politics of Monarchies & Republics

Thanks. 

Double post auto-merged: February 14, 2018, 01:24:33 AM

Quote from: wannable on February 14, 2018, 01:13:46 AM
No kidding, they moved back to London September 2017, when he left the EAAA! And his grandfather retired, and the Queen is delivering many of her responsibilities.

A clue: there kids are full time at London schools.

More shopping for Kate.

TLLK

An informal but reliable tally that I've read recently on a very large royal forum has Harry having conducted 12 engagements since the beginning of 2018 up to  2/9/18.  ( Please note that It doesn't include today's activities in Edinburgh.) Harry's numbers are likely to increase this year, but I'm not sure that he's full time as of yet.  :shrug:

SophieChloe

Back to Harry & Meghan....

She has such a wonderful way with people.  Harry did good. 

TLLK

^^^Yes I agree that they both "did good" today in Edinburgh.  :friends:

SophieChloe

If you are addressing my post @TLLK, I meant Harry picked a wonderful woman to be by his side. 

TLLK

Kritter

Kritter

Allyson Perkerson @lilacmagnolia

Quotehttps://www.gettyimages.com/license/918448068 ? At 0:20 little boy gave meghan a rose but became bashful afterwards and looked down and she could tell so Meghan asked his name and he whispered it and she repeated it and thanked him with the sweetest genuine voice ever 😭😭😭She is the real thing!

:nod:

SophieChloe

I'm no Royal supporter,  but I just adore her.  Damn! 

Kritter

WATCH: Meghan Markle Speaks Filipino During Royal Tour in Edinburgh | T&C Ph

QuoteLast week, a video of Meghan Markle was posted by Jenny Ulay on Facebook, showing Markle greeting Filipino fans in the vernacular. The video was reuploaded by Malcolm S Conlan and has since gone viral. This took place during the official royal tour of Prince Harry and Meghan Markel to Edinburgh, Scotland, where they visited Edinburgh Castle; Social Bite, an organization focused on ending homelessness throughout Scotland; and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Of course, the royal couple also mingled with fans who greeted them on the streets, including several Filipinos.

The video showed the surprised fans after Markle greeted them in Filipino, saying ?Salamat po! (Thank you).?