Princess Diana's favourite car ? custom built for Princes William and Harry

Started by Kritter, January 28, 2018, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Princess Diana's car to go on display at London Classic Car Show

QuoteOne of Princess Diana's favourite cars is going on display next month at the London Classic Car Show, from 15 to 18 February. The Jaguar XJ-S Cabriolet sportscar, which normally seats two people, was custom made for Diana. Two small rear seats were fitted in the back so that her young sons Prince William and Prince Harry could ride with her, while their personal protection officer sat in the front. The Princess loved riding her custom-made Jag so much, that her bodyguard was often relegated to the passenger seat.

She did love her Sons, no doubt about it.   :nod:

Duch_Luver_4ever

She sure did

Lovely story about the car, classic Jaguar, racing green. (Although Inspector Morse's red Jag is pretty nice as well)I wish the mag would have had some pics of the inside of the car, would have liked to see the custom leather and trim. I remember her visit to the coma patient when he got home, and she proudly proclaimed that she drove her own car, with the RPO (Ken Wharf at that time) in the passenger seat.

The mag missed a good humor opportunity by not quoting her about her buying the Audi, when asked about it she said "Ive got a German husband, why not a German car"  :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Duch_Luver_4ever

We can see some of the tweed on the seats, thanks @TLLK  shame the site selling it doesnt have pics of it on the inside.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.