Prince Harry sparks conversation about grief and mental health

Started by Kritter, January 14, 2018, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Prince Harry sparks conversation about grief and mental health

QuotePrince Harry was only 12 when his mother, Princess Diana was tragically killed in a car accident August, 31, 1997. Ever since, he was thrown into a media frenzy of controversy while still experiencing the raw, tender, uncomfortable realization of grief.

He says that it took him until his late twenties and ?two years of chaos? to speak up and ask for help in his grief.

I was 15 and crying on the couch of my uncle?s house when I found out my mom had passed away. Two days later I was back at soccer practice putting all of my pain and thoughts aside.

Prince Harry has battled a closed-lip attitude in handling his grief while bottling up emotions, as do many of us that have lost people whom are close to us.

Curryong

Article about Harry's first tour of duty in Afghanistan. A fellow soldier who served next to him recalls how he and Harry had to perform first aid after a Taliban raid on individuals with limbs hanging off. He wonders whether Harry has the same sort of flashbacks he still has.

Revealed: How Prince Harry carried out First Aid on 'decimated' villagers with 'limbs hanging off' after Taliban rocket attack - Mirror Online