Anger as Princess Michael of Kent wears a controversial blackamoor brooch

Started by FanDianaFancy, December 21, 2017, 10:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Hmmmm.
Ok delete  if  need be.

I  can  not cut n' paste  a  pic. Look at Princess  Micheal  of Kent  in her car with  her  Moorish pin. I saw on another site the  monetary value  and  royal  popularity  about  these pieces of jewelry.

No I do  not  think  everything  thing  ,  a  muffin, a car, etc.  is a  racist  thing  message.

YES I  do  not  really  Princess  Michael Pushy  of Kent.

:xmas21:

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2017, 10:39:54 PM

18 best Moorish jewelry images on Pinterest | Cameo jewelry, African americans and Black gold

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

Bump up. I?ll cut and paste the article later if some else would please do it sooner, thanks. I cannot cut n paste on this tablet.
See today?s daily mail. Friday?s. DM

Yes, article about Princess Micheal Pushy Woman and her pin.

She is living at KP paid for by QE. QE does not have to do that. Maybe QE should not. When one has grace and favor, one needs to act accordingly.

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 02:08:02 PM

Bump up

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 02:14:07 PM

Strange. For some odd reason, my thread did not move up.
For some odd reason, my comments from today keep merging with mine from yesterday. It is not as if I posted right behind myself the same time and posts merge.

I am not trying to be controversial.
I posted yesterday.
Today, the DM wrote up about that.

Knowing Princess Pushy Micheals reputation, yeah, it was a ding.
Instead of this horrible creature being thankful her sons wife, an actress, will be ok after an awful car accident, Princess Micheal does this.

Makes you say, hmmmmm.....I wonder.

I suspect  she will have a BRF spokesman release a so sorry, meant nothing offensive plea, pitiful forgive me statement today or tomorrow.

Kritter

Princess Michael of Kent wears 'racist' Blackamoor brooch | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrincess Michael of Kent found herself under fire after she wore a ?blackamoor? brooch to the Queen?s Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace, attended by Prince Harry?s mixed race fianc?e Meghan Markle.

The royal, who is married to the Queen?s cousin, Prince Michael, could clearly be seen wearing the jewellery on her coat as she drove through the gates on Wednesday.

She was not sat at the same table as Miss Markle, 36, who was attending the event for the first time, but would have been introduced to her at the intimate, private gathering.

The royal bride-to-be, whose former lighting director father, Thomas Markle is white, and mother, Doria Ragland, is black, has often spoken about the racism she experienced both as a child and as a grown woman.

I have never understood the attitude of Superiority, after all at the end of the day we are all just human beings.

Princess Michael of Kent prompts controversy after wearing 'racist' blackamoor brooch to lunch with Meghan Markle

Curryong

The woman's always been racially insensitive and her remarks about dyeing her hair and pretending to be African etc are absolutely awful. I'm not sure that the blackamoor brooch (a rather controversial thing to wear in today's climate anyway, whether it is supposed to represent St Balthazar, one of the Magi, or not) was a deliberate insult to Meghan though. Prss Michael's one of those people who IMO are just thoughtless about others. She probably just pinned the brooch on  as she has thousands of times before without a care in the world.

Kritter

She pinned that brooch high on her coat so it could be seen. It did not go with the earrings she was wearing either. I think she did it on purpose &  thought she was making a statement to the crowds. I will be interested to see if she gets an invitation to the wedding.   :gaah:

Izabella

It seems like a move those ignorant haughty uppers do. Quite deliberate. Stay strong and rise above it.

QuoteAnother attacked her for her ?racist jewellery?. This woman is an embarrassment to the Royal Family
The whole lot is an embarrassment with exception of a few. Nothing new.

TLLK

Kritter

TLLK

BREAKING: Princess Michael ?very sorry? for wearing blackamoor brooch to Palace ? Royal Central

QuoteHer Royal Highness?s spokesperson said that the Princess is very sorry, and added that she has worn the brooch many times in the past without controversy.

It is understood that the brooch will now be ?retired? to avoid a repeat of the situation in future.

Kritter

Meghan was meeting the extended family for the first time & she knew what she was doing. The Brooch should have been retired years ago & certainly when they announced their engagement.  :xmas4:

She is just hoping that she doesn't become the outcast that she should be.  :snowflake:

sara8150

Princess Michael of Kent Responds to Blackamoor Brooch Controversy: I'm 'Very Sorry'
Princess Michael of Kent Responds to Racist Brooch Backlash | PEOPLE.com
She did apologize and she wouldn?t wore this pins again in public again ever

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 09:35:07 PM

Why People Are Saying This Royal Relative Wore an Offensive Brooch to Meet Meghan Markle
Royal Relative Wore Offensive Brooch to Meet Meghan Markle | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 09:36:54 PM

?Distressed? Princess Michael of Kent apologises for wearing a 'racist' Blackamoor brooch to meet Meghan at the Queen's Christmas lunch and plans to ?retire it for good?
Princess Michael of Kent wears 'racist' Blackamoor brooch | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 09:38:46 PM

How Princess Pushy ?told black diners to go back to the colonies? and was ?shocked? to discover her father was a Nazi SS officer
Princess Pushy ?told black diners to go back to colonies? | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 09:40:21 PM

Princess Michael of Kent says sorry for wearing 'racist' Blackamoor brooch
Princess Michael of Kent says sorry for wearing 'racist' Blackamoor brooch

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Princess Michael of Kent sorry for wearing 'racist' brooch to Queen's Xmas with Meghan
Princess Michael of Kent sorry for wearing 'racist' brooch to Queen's Xmas with Meghan | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

I wondered how long it would be before the old bat realised her error, due to public protests, and apologised. She probably bought the thing in the 1970s when it was quite OK.

royalanthropologist

It seems she has form. How disappointing. Someone comes to the family the first time and that is the message you send to them? Meghan will be nervous and wary as it is. This is the last thing she needs. Not cool :no:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 23, 2017, 08:11:28 AM
It seems she has form. How disappointing. Someone comes to the family the first time and that is the message you send to them? Meghan will be nervous and wary as it is. This is the last thing she needs. Not cool :no:
what "message"? 

royalanthropologist

Wearing that broach was like "I am a racist and proud of it" to a woman of mixed descent. It was at best a thoughtless oversight but given the history of Princess Michael (scandal in NY restaurant and Nazi father), it could have been even deliberate.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

I doubt it.  I hardly think she is to blame for her father's opinions....

royalanthropologist

Fair point... but she must have been socialized to some level by supremacist thinking. In any case she is definitely to blame for her "go back to the colonies" comment in NY where she was grown up.

amabel

I can't remember the details but I think that this "New York restaurant" story may not be `100% accurate. 
and you do know that Pss Michael was brought up by her mother and knew little of her father, until she was an adult herself?

royalanthropologist

Interesting new info for me but I still think she could have done better than that broach. Any one with cultural awareness today would realize the kind of optics it was sending plastering it on her shoulder in that way.

amabel

she was born at the end of WWII, she's not a young woman.  She probably didn't think anything of the brooch...

Kritter

She is racist & wore that brooch up high to make a point.  :thumbsdown:

Trudie

I agree with Kritter that she knew exactly what she was doing. Pin the brooch high enough to be seen send an apology out via a spokesman. Sorry amabel she may have been born shortly before the war ended but she is enlightened enough to know better. As for her father I don't buy that story either, she really didn't know until she was an adult the apple didn't fall far from the tree and I expect nothing less from the daughter of a Nazi.

amabel

That's very interesting. So all Nazis children are closet Nazis.. and I suppose all Communist's children are Communists...

Kritter

^Either a Nazi racist or she has become senile. Which would be more acceptable for you?    :king:

Double post auto-merged: December 23, 2017, 06:03:43 PM

78% of people say Princess Michael was wrong to wear blackamoor brooch ? Royal Central

QuoteA poll conducted by Royal Central reveals that 78% of people think Princess Michael of Kent was wrong to wear a blackamoor brooch to The Queen?s Christmas dinner at Buckingham Palace.

In total, 1,305 people responded to the poll which asked whether Princess Michael was in the wrong to wear the brooch, especially considering it was the first time she would meet Meghan Markle.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

SophieChloe

^ Course she did.  The fact she goes round calling herself Princess Michael of Kent goes to prove what an old snob she is. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me