Meghan?s wedding designer they must palace for stretch to fit Meghan gown

Started by sara8150, December 18, 2017, 06:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Will THIS be Meghan's wedding dress designer? Israeli brand Inbal Dror 'has received an official request from the palace for a sketch' (and Beyonce's a fan too)
Will this be Meghan Markle's wedding dress designer? | Daily Mail Online
Gowns very nice but I don?t think HM Queen would approve mini skirts or open skirts very appropriate and require longer gowns also training at Windsor Castle,St,Pauls and Westminster Abbey also

wannable

Daily Mail U.K.‏
Verified account
@DailyMailUK

Monarch?s couturier Stewart Parvin is now the bookies? favourite to design Meghan's gown

QuoteWill Meghan?s wedding dress be a nod to the Queen? Monarch?s couturier Stewart Parvin is now the bookies? favourite to design the royal bride-to-be?s gown
Royal dressmaker Stewart Parvin previously designed Zara Phillip's bridal gown
Bookmakers have him down as evens to make dress, overtaking Roland Mouret
The British fashion designer has been the Queen's dressmaker since 2000

Read more: Stewart Parvin favourite to design Meghan's wedding dress | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

TLLK

Curryong

I loved the Greek key tiara Zara wore for her wedding, and the texture of her filmy veil. For the rest I was a bit underwhelmed. I was thankful there was no lace and the dress had a nice waistline. However I don't know what was going on with the chiffon straps but I didn't like them.They didn't appear to be part of the overall design. It was almost as if they were tacked on at the last minute. Hate the ruffle at the bottom!

Stewart Parvin would  be a safe choice I guess. I am really hoping for no lace, something a little edgy, different and a gown that's not going to be form fitting but  isn't going to overwhelm Meghan either. No long heavy trains, perleeze!

To me, Meghan appears small-boned, petite; even though I know she is in fact about 5' 7" she seems tinier. She doesn't seem to like frills, ruffles or a lot of beading on gowns thank God but I do think that less is often more anyway with wedding gowns. Let the material and superb fitting speak for itself.

I want a dress that is unique but that she will wear not one that will wear her. I suppose British designers are in the box seat, but I'd really like to see a Canadian designer do their stuff, to be honest, though I know it would be impossible re fittings etc.

TLLK

QuoteStewart Parvin would  be a safe choice I guess. I am really hoping for no lace, something a little edgy, different and a gown that's not going to be form fitting but  isn't going to overwhelm Meghan either. No long heavy trains, perleeze!

IMO she'll go with a classic but contemporary gown. Like Zara she'll probably opt for sleeker and less  traditional than other BRF gowns of the past. The fit of the gown will be very important so she is now swamped with fabric. Smaller boned ladies ie: Letizia have been overwhelmed by their gowns IMO.  :Jen:

wannable

Meghan's wedding dress designer, Clare Waight Keller, House of Givency was made redundant (was forced to resign)

The fashion world?s endless game of musical chairs doesn?t stop even for a pandemic. On Friday, Givenchy announced that Clare Waight Keller, the brand?s first female artistic director and a designer who rose to global fame as the creator of Meghan Markle?s wedding dress, was leaving the house after only three years. A successor has not yet been named.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/style/clare-waight-keller-givenchy.html

CWK has no future job in sight yet, unemployed. And the House of G will not be naming a successor until Autumn 2020, as all the ''new'' designs for Spring/Summer Autumn/Winter has been panned.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on April 13, 2020, 02:24:50 PM
Meghan's wedding dress designer, Clare Waight Keller, House of Givency was made redundant (was forced to resign)

CWK has no future job in sight yet, unemployed. And the House of G will not be naming a successor until Autumn 2020, as all the ''new'' designs for Spring/Summer Autumn/Winter has been panned.
After reading that article I can honestly say I am happy not to be in that world. The stress levels must be sky high!  I loved the decisions made by Ms. Keller and Meghan for her wedding gown. She is graceful and beautiful and that style, drape and amount of detail was perfect for her.