Meghan Markle is following footsteps of Diana?s biography Andrew Morton

Started by sara8150, December 12, 2017, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Andrew Morton follows his sensational biography of Princess Diana with a tell-all book about Meghan Markle - and promises an ?unparalleled? insight into the life of the royal bride-to-be
Andrew Morton is writing tell-all Meghan Markle biography | Daily Mail Online

royalanthropologist

Good Lord. They are throwing her in the deep end. Not yet married and there is that tabloid hack rummaging through her life. Poor girl.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Bound to happen.  and she must be used to media coverage.  If you get famous, for any reason, you are going to have all sorts of things said about you.  some fair comment, others not so muich

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on December 12, 2017, 08:12:04 AM
Bound to happen.  and she must be used to media coverage.  If you get famous, for any reason, you are going to have all sorts of things said about you.  some fair comment, others not so muich
Plus Andrew Morton knows that even though she's yet to start her royal life, he'll get someone to purchase it. Worked for him twenty plus years ago so why stop now? :wink:

TLLK

:xmas1: I'm sure that he's banking on it @Kritter. He found a niche audience for his work and they'll be happy to purchase the books.

Duch_Luver_4ever

I think the difference is likely Meghan has not requested this book, like Diana did. One really cant fault him for lining the wallet over Dianas book, esp considering the lashing in the press he took. This however, is not nearly as nobel, as helping out Diana....
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Morton wrote a book on William and Kate at the time of the wedding though, so, although his name will be for ever linked with Diana and Her Story which made him an absolute fortune, I think that today he's just among the ranks of those authors who write primarily on royalty, while hoping to strike the magic lode again.

There'll never be another Diana or War of the Wales for a myriad of reasons so I think it's a vain hope, though he and others will undoubtedly test the waters to see if Meghan and Harry pays off in terms of the book-buying public. 

Kritter

People write biographies all the time. His specialty is royalty because he got an inside look behind the curtain like no one else has been allowed to do.

Meghan's life is out there for everyone to see & she has accomplished a lot considering her background. He will just be putting all the stories in one place together to provide context to her life.

royalanthropologist

The last major book was Morton was highly fictionalized, sensationalized and with no right of reply or cross checking. Some dismissed it as "Diana's Untrue Story". Indeed a simple cross check of the "biography" showed that it was full of glowing errors and significant omissions. It was an exercise in public manipulation and malicious slander.

I shudder to think what he might do to that poor girl Meghan or even the institution of the monarchy if given any access. Morton is not a serious biographer, just a glorified tabloid hack filled with his own sense of importance. Of course the last time he benefited from the impulsive actions of a momentarily foolish, abandoned, emotional and vengeful woman who failed to see beyond her complaints and to understand the true impact of throwing her lot in with the likes of Morton.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Royals don't usually rate "serious biographers" until a certain stage in Life. Morton is indeed a hack, but a lucky one who got a great scoop when Diana used him to put out "her story."
But at this stage, Meghan will probably have a few books by "royal hacks"....

Kritter

A biographer is someone who writes biographies whether the royals see them as serious or not. Look at Penny Junor who writes about the royals constantly & you will see a royal hack.

royalanthropologist

Exactly. I am in agreement. That is precisely why I defend Junor's right to write her version because she is no better and no worse than Morton. Pick you side and collect all the materials to support your side.

Otherwise I would hope Meghan would be wise enough not to cooperate with him.   The BRF's cooperation with the media has not always been that great. The last thing you want is to give them access and the queen to start exclaiming "Oh God...not this again". She should give them nothing but a smile, great photos and only positive/appropriate comments for the occasion. That is how the QM handled the media and it worked well for her.

Kritter

royalanthropologist

She does. I think recently she wrote one for Camilla. It is clear from her work that she could not abide Diana and liked C&C. Morton is exactly the same apart from the fact that he liked Diana and disliked C&C.

Kritter

Junor regurgitates same old BS constantly & would fit in with tabloid writers instead of biographers. She is a propagandist & proves that in every book she writes.

royalanthropologist

One person's BS is another's pearls of wisdom. I consider a lot of stuff in "Diana: Her True Story" to be BS but there are many people that believed it wholesale even when evidence surfaced that she was lying about many, many things in that book.  Besides Morton is not immune to the regurgitation stuff.  I hear he released a revised version of his bestseller in which he showed that Diana had been lying all along when she claimed not to be involved in that book when she was actually doing annotated corrections on it. Morton's book was Diana's first foray into propaganda. The likes of Junor are just catching up with their own propaganda.

Kritter

dianab

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 13, 2017, 12:09:01 PM
One person's BS is another's pearls of wisdom. I consider a lot of stuff in "Diana: Her True Story" to be BS but there are many people that believed it wholesale even when evidence surfaced that she was lying about many, many things in that book.  Besides Morton is not immune to the regurgitation stuff.  I hear he released a revised version of his bestseller in which he showed that Diana had been lying all along when she claimed not to be involved in that book when she was actually doing annotated corrections on it. Morton's book was Diana's first foray into propaganda. The likes of Junor are just catching up with their own propaganda.
charles through his dimbleby book confirmed a lot of morton book... including he married diana being in love with camilla and never loved diana (his own words)...

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Kritter on December 13, 2017, 12:10:53 PM
This is about Meghan's book not Junors propagandizing.

I would point out that it is actually you who first mentioned Junor on this thread. My point was that Morton is not a reliable source or a quality biographer. Meghan should stay away from him and not give him any access in my opinion.

Kritter

I pointed out that a royal hack is someone like Junor. You are the one that tried to turn it into a "Camilla is great, Diana is bad argument".

Meghan isn't giving interviews for the book as far as I know if you know differently then enlighten us.

royalanthropologist

@dianab. Morton did a lot, lot worse than saying Charles did not love Diana. As it turned out, Diana's later actions proved that the lack of genuine love were reciprocated. I maintain Diana never really loved Charles. She loved being Princess and all that went with it. The man she detested, despised and hated.

Morton as a carefully constructed series of lies, misconstructions of events, exaggerations, contradictions, mischaracterizations, slanders etc. that were designed to paint Diana as bambi and everyone else as wicked predators. For example  pertinent stuff about her own affairs and misdeeds in the marriage were carefully underplayed or edited out altogether, making out as if it was only C&C that were wrong with her life.

As we later learnt, there was much much else wrong with Diana's life besides C&C. For example she was still in a bit of an emotional mess longer before C&C and long after they were out of her life. It is one of the oldest tricks in the abandoned wives playbook...blame the mistress for everything. Morton did not contain a single sentence of self-reflection. It was all projection, blame and self-justification.

@Kritter. I said Junor and Morton are both hacks. It is not about the  "Camilla is great, Diana is bad argument" as you deliberately mischaracterize my posts. It is about the quality of biographer and the need to stay away from the likes of Morton.

royalanthropologist

I think it is more of bait and switch than "hijacked". My point stands, Morton is bad news for the royal family in general and Meghan in particular based on his track record.

wannable

We will get to know, when someone buys the Morton book, if and who collaborated.  I am suspecting his sources will be Meghan ex friends and probably family members who are in rift unspeakable mode, who will pour in information and unseen private but sold photographs.

Like Katie Nicholl book of Kate Middleton, only that it had information and unseen pictures from (ex) friends. In parenthesis, as these ex friends did not run to the press, but sold them to Katie, exposing themselves to who is who in Kate Middleton's childhood, teen and adult life.   I wonder if MM mooned during her highschool years?  :xmas1: