First engagements- a comparison

Started by Jenee, December 03, 2017, 01:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Yes, I went there.

In the back of my mind was this idea that William and Kate have always been stiff and very aware of protocol during engagements- not walking too close, not touching each other, generally not really reacting to anything- kind of boring, honestly. So I googled, and of course there are comparison articles already.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - How their first royal engagement compares with Prince William and Kate Middleton's

Double post auto-merged: December 03, 2017, 01:15:19 AM

Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's First Royal Engagements | POPSUGAR Celebrity

Kate attended her first engagement when she accompanied William to a Christmas event for the Teenage Cancer Trust, and unlike Harry and Meghan, the couple did not show any PDA whatsoever. Despite contrary belief, there is no protocol that states that British royal family can't show PDA, but since Will and Kate are "working representatives of the British Monarchy," it's safe to assume that they just prefer to keep things professional during their official engagements.

This is contrary to the other article, which cited protocol for the reason they save room for the Holy Spirit. I wonder which is correct.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

FanDianaFancy

PDA. Ok to hold hands. Around each others? waist, too far.

Modernizing Monarchy. Ok. Brining it to celebrtyville,entertainer world lacking protocol, certain things stuffy or outdated as it may seem, is a no.

They have to be in manner different.

MM, I am sooooooo sooooo for her and OH, but the interview was ok. Breathe of fresh air. So relaxed. They are a very different couple. The official event. Meghan Sparkle.

No.

I would give her a  5 put of 10 on both.

This is the honeymoon period.

The media is being nice.

In a year, that media and their subjects will turn on them, esp her.
PH, the BRF born member can do no wrong.

History can repeat itself. I hope it dies not. MM echos some of  SarahFerguson.