Kind of early, but question on kids...

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, December 02, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

QuoteThats true but doesnt one of Edwards children have hearing or some kind of health problems? (dont follow them that close).
@Duch_Luver_4ever - Lady Louise was born prematurely as her mother had to undergo an emergency C-section so there was  some early concern about possible health/developmental issues. This was Sophie's second pregnancy emergency that nearly resulted in her death.  She did have a squint/Lazy Eye as a younger child which her parents have stated was due to her being premature, but her parents had that corrected in recent years.

Sophie Wessex explains daughter's eye condition

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex has revealed that her daughter's eye condition gave her reason to campaign for the blind and visually impaired. Her eldest child Lady Louise Windsor was born prematurely which resulted in the schoolgirl developing early sight problems ? something that Sophie described as a "profound squint".

Speaking to mark World Sight Day last week, the Countess explained that her daughter used to suffer from strabismus, a condition whereby a person cannot align both eyes simultaneously, but that Louise has perfect sight now.
:xmas4:

Sophie was 38 when it was announced that she was expecting Louise which was about two years after their first  2001pregnancy was an ectopic one. Sophie nearly died due to blood loss. It's been more or less confirmed that the couple did use IVF treatments to become pregnant. James on the other hand was a happy surprise for the couple and was apparently conceived naturally. :)

Eri

For the love of God women now Days have their first child in their 40's ... complications during birth or health issues for the baby can happen no matter what age the mother is ... I would reverse this discussion and say that no doctor would advice a woman to have a child before she is at least 25 ... as for Megan she will have a child as soon as possible just so rags can have something to write about and she can use having a family as for an excuse to get out of Royal duties ... she will definitely pull a Kate ...

Curryong

I doubt very much that Meghan would have a child just to get out of Royal duties. The vast majority of couples have a family because they want one, and as Meghan will be in her late 30s she and Harry may well have a baby by 2019, in fact a honeymoon baby. However, this is a woman who has worked hard, including gruelling early morning starts. Judging by Nottingham, there's every indication that Meghan will in fact enjoy Royal duties and visiting new places and will be good at it, in fact I'd say spectacularly good.

Eri

^ Yeah ... she has always been a hard worker ... shooting a HORRID scene in the Beverly Hills reboot ... never forget :

Meghan Markle in saucy SEX scene in Beverly Hills 90210 revamp | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

also never forget HARRY is about to make this a Royal which makes me question his fitness to be one ...

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on December 03, 2017, 08:56:46 PM
I doubt very much that Meghan would have a child just to get out of Royal duties. The vast majority of couples have a family because they

well its been said about kate, that she got pregnant to avoid royal work, and I daresay it will be said about Meghan too...

Kritter

I think it was the convenient on again off again HG that people said was for her to avoid work. Pregnancy itself is not an excuse for not working.

Eri

Google tells me Harry's children WON'T have Titles UNLESS Liz wants them to so there will be no pressure from anyone not even the press given that Kate is providing enough heirs ... I don't see why anyone in the World would care how they have children if they decide to have them either ...

amabel

Well HG is "on and off".  It strikes suddnely, and can be very severe.   and then hopefully with treatment it improves and its possible to go out..
But if Meg has pregnancy problems, I'm suer she'll get some people claiming she's not really pregnant at all but is pretending to be, or using ordinary morning sickness as an excuse for not working.  All royals get attacked unfairly and praised overly...

Kritter

HG does not suddenly disappear when a fun engagement comes around & appear again when a different type of engagement comes around.

Eri

With Kate we knew what we were getting ... the woman has never worked her entire life ... it's Megan people praise for her non existent acting carer ... still right now I am liking Kate more and more ...

Kritter

Meghan has done more with her life than just getting a few bit acting parts. I think her accomplishments were a large attraction for Harry.

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on December 04, 2017, 11:11:14 AM
Google tells me Harry's children WON'T have Titles UNLESS Liz wants them to so there will be no pressure from anyone not even the press given that Kate is providing enough heirs ... I don't see why anyone in the World would care how they have children if they decide to have them either ...

Technically incorrect Eri. Harry's children will be Lord or Lady until Charles ascends the throne and then as Grandchildren of the Sovereign in the male line they will be HRH Prince/ Princess. The Queen may choose however to make them HRH Prince or Princess from birth as she did for all of Williams children not just George or as her Father George VI did as Elizabeth was only Heiress presumptive when Charles and Anne were born. Charles and Anne would have been styled at Lord and Lady until Elizabeth ascended the throne.

Now moving on I don't believe Kate has used her severe morning sickness to pick and choose appearances with George she was hospitalized and with Charlotte she was out for the whole first trimester. This time she had to miss taking George to school for the first time so no I don't believe either Kate nor when the time comes Meghan will use that as an excuse.

Double post auto-merged: December 04, 2017, 11:38:07 AM

Quote from: Eri on December 04, 2017, 11:25:14 AM
With Kate we knew what we were getting ... the woman has never worked her entire life ... it's Megan people praise for her non existent acting carer ... still right now I am liking Kate more and more ...

Hate to point this out Eri but with Meghan you also know what you are getting an accomplished woman with a work ethic  who has shown that her entire adult life.

TLLK

QuoteNow moving on I don't believe Kate has used her severe morning sickness to pick and choose appearances with George she was hospitalized and with Charlotte she was out for the whole first trimester. This time she had to miss taking George to school for the first time so no I don't believe either Kate nor when the time comes Meghan will use that as an excuse.

Hope that when and if the couple start a family that Meghan's pregnancy and delivery are both without any of the issues that Kate and Sophie faced during their own. :xmas4:

Eri

I am very confused to what some consider being accomplished ... to me an actor no one knew of until she started dating Harry and had a dead end carer is not accomplished ... now ... some may say that is not fair to those who are not Emma Stone and I will respond saying that I was not the one to say this nobody has accomplished God knows what ...

Trudie

Eri does one have to spell this all out to you? I would consider Meghan accomplished since she has earned her degree from a very good school and has used it for her work and yes people do know who she is if they watch Suits and there is enough for the show to still be on the air. Meghan has used her celebrity no matter how small to contribute to what causes she thinks are important and didn't use that as a means of meeting Harry and Meghan has supported herself her entire adult life. Meghan has done more than Kate and I am not saying this in a bad way I do like Kate however, Meghan perhaps now wants to have a family like Harry and having met the one it from all outward appearances this is the case they will start as soon as they are ready once the wedding is behind them.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 04, 2017, 11:25:14 AM

Some did not know how she would be after the wedding she did say she would "work hard"during the engagement interview but really did not. Meghan is an actress and appeared on a TV show and guest starred on others. Enough said.

Double post auto-merged: December 04, 2017, 06:39:52 PM

Quote from: Eri on December 04, 2017, 11:11:14 AM

Theoretically the Queen could have given all her grandchildren titles. Anne refused them for her children and her first husband did not want a title like the one conferred on Princess Margaret's husband.  Edward's children have titles. As the second son of the Queen, Andrew's children were given styles of Princess.

I think Harry's children will absolutely have titles. Why wouldn't the Queen want her grandson's children to have titles? She does not share the vitriol some have for Meghan.

Double post auto-merged: December 04, 2017, 06:49:38 PM

Quote from: Eri on December 03, 2017, 07:56:10 PM
For the love of God women now Days have their first child in their 40's ... complications during birth or health issues for the baby can happen no matter what age the mother is ... I would reverse this discussion and say that no doctor would advice a woman to have a child before she is at least 25 ... as for Megan she will have a child as soon as possible just so rags can have something to write about and she can use having a family as for an excuse to get out of Royal duties ... she will definitely pull a Kate ...

Meghan and Harry may just want children without any ulterior motives. That is very possible.

Kritter

QuoteMeghan and Harry may just want children without any ulterior motives.

True & they both are great with children. Harry will make a fabulous Father IMO. He has already lived through what not to do with children.

Blue Clover

@Eri Yes! I agree. Age 36 years is much too young to worry about someone's ability to conceive. I would start to worry about that in the early 40s. So many women where I live and that I know have waited until the late 30s and early 40s to have kids. I know medical advice suggests having kids earlier but so many do have kids later. MM has nothing to worry about at all. I predict that they will manage to have at least 2 children.

TLLK

No doubt Meghan's OB/GYN will  thoroughly review and discuss any concerns that the couple might have regarding their fertility, her age and the pregnancy issues that can arise when the mother is over 35.  I believe that she'll be in good hands and more than likely be recommended to a team that will be professional and discreet.

Blue Clover

@TLLK  Yes, exactly! She may have consulted an OB/GYN already regarding pregnancy and related issues.

TLLK

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding: Why their children won't be princes or princesses | The Independent

QuoteTitles within the royal family were limited by Harry's great-great-grandfather King George V, who issued a Letters Patent in 1917.

It read: ?...the grandchildren of the sons of any such Sovereign in the direct male line (save only the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales) shall have and enjoy in all occasions the style and title enjoyed by the children of Dukes of these Our Realms.?

This means Harry and Meghan's children, should they have any while Elizabeth II is on the throne, will not be HRHs or princes or princesses, but will be known instead as Lord or Lady (forename) Mountbatten-Windsor.

This will likely be a much debated topic the moment the couple announces that they're expecting.  :Jen: QEII would have to issue new Letters Patent to change their status.  Now if Charles is the monarch when their first child is born, then he/she would be a Prince or Princess of _______.  :windsor1:

amabel

I cant imagine that they wont have Prince titles for the children.  Harry is going to have to be a working prince, and Megahn will have to work.. so I'd say that their children will have titles of Prince and Princess from the start. If later on they dont want to use them, they can choose not to use them at work.... etc

Eri

^ I can't see her give Harry's children Titles unless he makes a big deal out of it given that Edward's don't ... Edward is the SON of the Monarch and he and Sophie work harder than Harry ... I really can't see why Harry who is a nobody in the food chain should be treated special ... Edward better flip if his children get Titles ...

Kritter

amabel

They do not have or rather do not use Royal titles.  They are not considered as Prince and Princess, even though as grandchildren of the monarch they are automatically entitled to be Prince and Princess.  But they've chosen for the children to just have the courtesy titles of Viscount and Lady Louise....
Harry's children will be great grandchildren of the monarch.. so theyre not automatically Prince and Princess...