Steps Harry would take to marry

Started by TLLK, October 21, 2017, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The steps Prince Harry will have to go through to marry Meghan Markle – Royal Central

Should Harry marry in the next year are so these are some of the steps that he'll take to do so.

IMO there is one glaring error in this article. IMVHO Harry will not marry anyone at St. Paul's Cathedral. It's too large and too far from BP/CH. AFAIK Charles/Diana were the only royal wedding ever performed at that site and that was due to the incredibly large guest list. It was a state occasion as Charles is heir to the throne with a bank holiday (day off). IMHO the largest London venue that they'd use is WA.

Blue Clover

I wonder if this is really going to happen in the next year? It seems real.  :Jen:

amabel

except that there is no announcement of an engagement, nothing except the fact that Harry is clearly having a romance with her...

Curryong

News on a long awaited Channel 4 documentary to be aired soon, featuring Meghan's life, ancestry, family, career etc. It actually sounds quite fair and balanced and no doubt it will be on YouTube soon after its released, so we who can't get Channel 4 can watch. Harry is popular here though and so I do have hopes it will be picked up by one of the TV stations in Oz at some time.

Here's When Channel 4's Long-Awaited Meghan Markle Documentary Will Air

LouisFerdinand

The article mentioned the title of Duke of Sussex for Prince Harry is "the likely choice". However that will not be known until closer to the wedding.

TLLK

^^^Probably would not receive any announcement until the morning of the wedding.

lk1957

IMO a traditional wedding gown would be considered tacky especially if she already wore one during her first wedding ceremony. It was in Jamaica so maybe it was casual. Camilla wore a light grayish suit or dress with a hat her second wedding. An off white gown like champagne, beige or some muted color would be appropriate for a second wedding. I have seen people do the white gown for second weddings, but I don't see the RF approving that. It would be something for the press to knock her down as being American tacky. So she should be careful, graceful and discreet, given that she is very lucky to be living in these times where she is accepted.

sandy

Americans are not all "tacky."  She can wear an off white gown which would be acceptable. I hope she does not dress like Camilla.

The media like royal weddings, it gives them something to do covering a wedding and is the stuff of magazine covers and feature stories.

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2017, 02:24:36 AM

Quote from: TLLK on October 21, 2017, 02:48:32 PM
The steps Prince Harry will have to go through to marry Meghan Markle – Royal Central

Should Harry marry in the next year are so these are some of the steps that he'll take to do so.

IMO there is one glaring error in this article. IMVHO Harry will not marry anyone at St. Paul's Cathedral. It's too large and too far from BP/CH. AFAIK Charles/Diana were the only royal wedding ever performed at that site and that was due to the incredibly large guest list. It was a state occasion as Charles is heir to the throne with a bank holiday (day off). IMHO the largest London venue that they'd use is WA.

I think like another second son (Prince Andrew), Harry will get the same type of wedding. And it will get much coverage. The last big royal wedding was 6 years ago. I think another one would be welcome.

TLLK

Quote from: lk1957 on November 04, 2017, 06:30:57 PM
IMO a traditional wedding gown would be considered tacky especially if she already wore one during her first wedding ceremony. It was in Jamaica so maybe it was casual. Camilla wore a light grayish suit or dress with a hat her second wedding. An off white gown like champagne, beige or some muted color would be appropriate for a second wedding. I have seen people do the white gown for second weddings, but I don't see the RF approving that. It would be something for the press to knock her down as being American tacky. So she should be careful, graceful and discreet, given that she is very lucky to be living in these times where she is accepted.
I think that she'd look lovely in the champagne or even blush for a second wedding, however Spain's Queen Letizia was a second time bride and did wear a white gown for her 2004 wedding to Felipe.

amabel

I think that it would look peculiar if she didn't wearsomething "bridal".  cream or off white dress.
Camilla was a well known divorcee, and a good bit older than a "normal bride" so she wore quiet clothes... but people will expect a  splash form H's wife.

royalanthropologist

Frankly speaking, I find this rules on white a bit silly. Many people are on their second third or even 5th marriage. It is typical of our judgmental society that somehow a bride is prevented from wearing a particular color because she is not "pure". Meanwhile a real lecher can wear anything they want as long as they are a man.

I really see no reason why Meghan would dress like Camilla. The two women share nothing apart from the fact that they were once divorced. Their age, class, social status, interests and personalities are chalk and cheese. I think Meghan will find a nice white dress which is simple and modern if he does actually propose. Then the wedding will be at Windsor which is allegedly a very intimate and beautiful setting.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

nobody is preventing her.  and IMO they wont get married at Windsor,

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 06, 2017, 09:56:48 AM
Frankly speaking, I find this rules on white a bit silly. Many people are on their second third or even 5th marriage. It is typical of our judgmental society that somehow a bride is prevented from wearing a particular color because she is not "pure". Meanwhile a real lecher can wear anything they want as long as they are a man.

I really see no reason why Meghan would dress like Camilla. The two women share nothing apart from the fact that they were once divorced. Their age, class, social status, interests and personalities are chalk and cheese. I think Meghan will find a nice white dress which is simple and modern if he does actually propose. Then the wedding will be at Windsor which is allegedly a very intimate and beautiful setting.

Well Meghan did not "see" Harry when he was married to someone else. No children were involved.

I am glad that she and Camilla are chalk and cheese.

Meghan is an American where there is supposed to be no "social status."

He may already have proposed.

royalanthropologist

Well if she marries Harry, it is the British system that will matter not the American.

The Camilla hate-fest is not appropriate to this topic. Camilla has absolutely nothing to do with Meghan. The attempts to rope her into these affairs are superfluous and a tad ridiculous.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

^^^I believe that Camilla is often mentioned because she's one of the more recent 2nd wedding brides in the BRF though I agree that criticism of her should be in a Camilla thread and not this one. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/fashion/2015-08/aug5/Princess-Ann-Tim-R.jpg?imwidth=450  Here is a photo from Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence's wedding. Anne is in a white day dress for her second wedding.

sandy

It's not a hate fest, again those are your words.

I pointed out that since Meghan grew up in America she does not have the "social status" issue the British have.

TLLK

QuoteI think like another second son (Prince Andrew), Harry will get the same type of wedding. And it will get much coverage. The last big royal wedding was 6 years ago. I think another one would be welcome.

While I'd welcome another big celebration, I believe that the size and type of wedding  will depend upon the state of the nation's economy and the security threat level. As more terrorist attacks are involving weapons other than guns/bombs ie: knives and motor vehicles, those charged with protecting public safety have to consider how to protect the public at these large events. In 1986 the main threat to the nation would have been the IRA and its weapon of choice was bombs. In 2017 the likely  suspects still include the IRA and now Islamic extremists who are finding different means to attack. The cost of protecting the public and the wedding guests has to be taken into consideration as well. They might find another site ie: Windsor a smaller and easier venue to protect than Westminster Abbey.

royalanthropologist

No. It was you @sandy who started to rope Camilla into the dress code e.g. I hope she doesn't dress like Camilla, glad she is not like Camilla, not involved with Harry and no children involved etc.  Irrelevant stuff and certainly this is not the place for the "Camilla Hatefest". It has nothing to do with her save for the fact that she was a divorcee.

BTW @TLLK  Good on Anne for wearing white. It was nobody's business but hers and nobody has the copyright on "tack". Someone's tacky is another's tasteful.

TLLK

^^^Well can we all agree that mounds of glitter are universally acknowledged as "tacky?"  :lol:

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 06, 2017, 03:46:56 PM
No. It was you @sandy who started to rope Camilla into the dress code e.g. I hope she doesn't dress like Camilla, glad she is not like Camilla, not involved with Harry and no children involved etc.  Irrelevant stuff and certainly this is not the place for the "Camilla Hatefest". It has nothing to do with her save for the fact that she was a divorcee.

BTW @TLLK  Good on Anne for wearing white. It was nobody's business but hers and nobody has the copyright on "tack". Someone's tacky is another's tasteful.

Um, No I was not. Go to the top of the thread --It was lk

Activity:
    4%
        Favorite royal: Princess Ann
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Steps Harry would take to marry
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 12:30:57 AM »

Say Thanks

"IMO a traditional wedding gown would be considered tacky especially if she already wore one during her first wedding ceremony. It was in Jamaica so maybe it was casual. Camilla wore a light grayish suit or dress with a hat her second wedding. An off white gown like champagne, beige or some muted color would be appropriate for a second wedding. I have seen people do the white gown for second weddings, but I don't see the RF approving that. It would be something for the press to knock her down as being American tacky. So she should be careful, graceful and discreet, given that she is very lucky to be living in these times where she is accepted."

Not my post royal.

royalanthropologist

No. That first poster was talking about the dress color and sartorial choices, something that is very relevant to the post since both were having second weddings. It was you @sandy that started bringing in the negativity about Camilla, divorce and children. That post you quote is quite relevant to this subject and was not presented in a negative way at all.

sandy

No I did not bring it up first. Camilla as a divorcee was referred to.

You can keep insisting but it won't make it so.

Yes, I did mention the differences between Camilla and Meghan and the idea of social classes. But I did not start the topic about choices for divorced women.

The thread refutes your claim.

dianab

i think the announcement will be in december right before christmas... and the wedding will be in Windsor

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on November 06, 2017, 03:43:04 PM
While I'd welcome another big celebration, I believe that the size and type of wedding  will depend upon the state of the nation's economy and the security threat level. As more terrorist attacks are involving weapons other than guns/bombs ie: knives and motor vehicles, those charged with protecting public safety have to consider how to protect the public at these large events. In 1986 the main threat to the nation would have been the IRA and its weapon of choice was bombs. In
That's true but I stil think they'll go for Westminster Abbey.