Meghan's future patronages

Started by TLLK, November 28, 2017, 02:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Thought it might be fun to discuss what might be Meghan's future patronages.

Undoubtedly she'll be swamped with requests from charities who would like to have a high profile patron or president for their organization. Perhaps she will accept some that are similar to the ones she was involved with in the past.

Also I believe that she'll find a patronage that will mesh well with the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. (Though I expect the name will be altered once we find out if Harry receives a new title as Duke of ______).

I believe that it is important to note that Harry and Meghan's royal work will be  largely funded by Harry's father the Prince of Wales. Charles unlike his parents does not receive funding from the state for his royal duties so he covers the cost for himself and currently four other adults: Camilla, William, Kate and Harry with money generated from the Duchy of Cornwall. At this point in time Charles, Camilla, and the Cambridges are considered "full time" royals and Harry is currently considered "part time." ( In addition to his part time royal work, Harry performs volunteer work with veterans since leaving the army.) :)

I do believe that Meghan will be given the same opportunity to slowly acclimate herself to a new way of life, a new culture, and a new way of driving. Also I get the impression that they are eager to start a family, so she would deserve time to adjust to being a parent.  :) IMO part of  Diana's legacy is that royal newlyweds are no longer expected to be rushed into their royal duties, but are given the opportunity to have a period of adjustment.

Any thoughts on possible patronages for Meghan? :Jen:

Curryong

Gosh TLLK you've caught me on the hop here as I haven't given Meghan's future patronages much thought, really.

I do believe that Meghan will devote a great deal of thought to where she could be of most use. She mIght find a niche within such charities as the Army Dependants Trust and ABF which assists soldiers and veterans families in all sorts of areas of their lives, including training, education and housing.

Meghan may also find a charity which would work in with Harry's role with wounded and maimed vets but instead hone in on assisting the families of these men and women. This would include helping to alleviate mental health and depression within these families.

Within Britain there are many ethnic and migrant communities which need assistance. This might be contentious as ordinary Britons could be resentful. I do think it would be an area which would interest Meghan however.

She's an animal person and devoted to her two dogs. There could be charities like the Blue Cross which helps sick, traumatised and unwanted pets who would love her as a patron.

I believe she would like to continue her work for women and girls in India (especially in the area of feminine hygiene which she has become interested in due to its effect on female education in the Third World.) Unglamorous, but vital. Working in with this could be ongoing UN ventures as well.

TLLK

@Curryong-LOL well I knew that there would be plenty of discussion on wedding related items, but now that the couple's first official engagement has been announced, I thought it was time to discuss patronage related points too.

I agree with the issues/charities that you've shared and there are likely organizations related to those causes who would be interested in a high profile patron/president in the coming year.

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 11:05:10 PM

QuoteMr Knauf also confirmed that the actress will not be continuing her work on gender with the UN or with other organisations, but instead will starting her charity work as a full-time royal afresh.

Statement from Jason Knauf.