Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 1

Started by TLLK, October 19, 2017, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

There was a long conversation between various journos/Royal correspondents on Cepe Smith and Richard Palmer's Twitter pages yesterday, Oz time. They discussed the international interest in the wedding and Victoria Arbiter (Dickie's daughter) who is a Royal commentator on two main US TV channels, expressed anxiety as to how the town of Windsor would cope with the onslaught of media into the town around the wedding day.

Hotels in the town would, I suggest, be fully booked up immediately the date is announced and tourists and the media will be pouring in. Victoria expressed concern that there wouldn't be room at vantage points for all media outlets who apply, or enough room for a large enough media centre within reach of the Chapel.

TLLK

^^^I'm wondering if one or two broadcasting companies will be the ones actually filming the event and then sharing their live feed across the nation and around the world?

I do see some serious planning taking place in order house the incoming press as well as providing lodging for the public.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on November 29, 2017, 08:10:25 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge would never be bridesmaid or matron of honour to Meghan. The BRF don't do married attendants as a general rule, even if there wasn't the fact that the two women barely know each other.

BRF weddings are usually kiddy-heavy. Upperclass British weddings have always heavily featured children. George, Charlotte, and Mark Dyer's younger son Jasper (Harry's godson) are likely attendants

. Meghan has several friends in Canada and the US who have children, and I hope she uses them, difficult though logistics may be. I'd hate this to be another BRF wedding (as Kate's was) in which the bride doesn't have a single bridesmaid from her side of the family following her down the aisle. Meghan has a niece in her twenties she's close to, as well.

I agree and understand what you said Curry, but I agree with TLLK.

By Royal tradition, I do not know for ordinary Brits, but no adults are in the bridal party.

I am soooooooooo soooooooo pulling for MM and PH, but in order to suceeed, in spite of all the knives out fir, SHE MUST FOLLOW THE RULES. 500, 600: 900, 1000 years of that world which she is entering.
This is not the time, place, life.  , ? to be new, innovative, shake things up, modernize.?

If she and PH want her girls and his guys as w doing party, then she will be insulting QEII which is an instruction.
If she wants to be new, etc., then her subjects will be demanding , be new. No royal tax paid for protection officers. Hire your protection security personnel. But a nice richly home like rich ordinary people: Phippapoo and her husband, Tracey Ullman, etc. Go be ordinary.

I hope M will do this right. Wedding dress- not American looking. Attendants- not like in the USA.
She is not marrying some celebrity.
He is an instruction.

For following all those rules, yes, lost of freedom in some ways, she will have a different kind of freedom and a life of unbelievable wealth, riches, palaces to be in, etc.

FanDianaFancy

Eri, you just do not like her.

Ok.
I get that.
Say that though.
I ALSO agree with you    :notworthy: and I like her, PH , and them as a couple, but the easy job is done of falling in Love.

He with her and she with him.
The easy job for him was proposing. The easy job for her was to say yes.
Dating, living together, ehhhh, staying private was easy.

Now the real work starts.
I am soooooo soooooo for them, but will she follow the rules. Listen to TPTB and the men in grey suits. Never put a foot wrong.
Camilla and Kate are ecstatic about MM entering The Firm because there is literally nothing NOTHING they can do and get blasted to bits fir by the people and the press.

Friday, way too soon, in my opinion , MM takes on an official engagement with PH.
  Unpresidentrd!! This has never happened to a royal bride pre marriage. Yeah Diana went with C in the presence of HSH, Grace and Diana of 19 looked beautiful, dressed like a star, 19; with that gorgeous black gown and opps, boobs spilling not. Never saw that again until she separated and divorced.

MM, gawd, I hope she puts on some pantyhose on those legs on Friday.
I hope she does well on Friday. I hope playful zaH , in his love, dies just have her go out there. He is BRF so he can do no wrong.

Next, unpresudented!! Christmas at Sandringham before marriage....ummmmm .no. Never.
Well, QEII  is allowing it , a first ever.
MM will need wardrobes for all the costume changes HRH has. What will M do when PH goes on a hunt?she is not the hunty  type. Poor Diana just cried or threw herself down a step or more or got in devilment when SaraehFergs entered the Kingdom.
How can MM be taught to walk, accept flowers during the Church Sandringham Walk.
It ain?t no red carpet entertainer kind of thing, ok.

To me, I wonder, it is like QEII is wanting to see this girl in action NOW. See her sooner than later. It is like , QEII wants to be aware of what MM needs to be successful while QEII is still alive and can catch MM with the right people  of TPTB, directions, etc. before she , MM, is allowed to fall Sarah and Diana style.
QEII is a traditionalist 100% .
For her to allow these two, major unpresidented things is bewildering.Why?

Kate has her home nearby where he beloved and adoring mother  and sister and , dad, etc is.
Camilla has her kids  and their families stashed at Birkhall or her own personal Raymill home.
MM has , has...ummm.
Diana and Sarah no place or family to go to either.

Ok ok, I know nothing that is going on. I do not know these people , lol, just a wondering fan ...wondering hoping this girl never puts a foot wrong because THEy ( people and press) are going to eat her alive. :ugh:

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Kritter on November 30, 2017, 01:54:23 AM
It is her wedding & I see no reason for the BRF not to allow some American traditions into her wedding. She is marrying the royal who will stand up for her rights especially since he knows how horribly they treated his Mother.

Because she is in a rare position. Entertainer is not rare, special, unique, and held by just a few.
Duchess of Sussex, HRH, Meghan will be rare, special, held only by a few people and us something everybody cannot be like and entertainer.
Allowing her to have some of her American positions, ok , minor ones.
Along with huge wedding fruitcake you guys do, allowing her to have a sweet  cake of red velvet, butttercream white wedding cake, etc cake as well. We do not have fruitcake at weddings. Yucky.

Something minor, very mild. Something like that.

FanDianaFancy

Miliitary.

It is a must. H is not like his pals who got married in morning dress.
H is not like his pals who got married with groomsmen and the bride with, bridesmaid like Americans do.

Curryong

Harry is very proud of his military service and will be in uniform on his wedding day IMO. He may be given the honorary Colonelcy of a British Regiment just before his wedding day as William did. I hope not though, as I like the Blues and Royals black. It was mooted a while ago that Harry might get a Marines Colonelcy because their Hon Colonel is getting very elderly.

Kritter

^ I don't know anyone who does or ever did Fruit cake at a wedding.

Curryong

Until about a decade ago fruit cake was standard fare for wedding and christening cakes in Britain. One of the tiers of wedding cakes was almost always saved for the first child of the marriage's christening. Rich and dried fruit-filled and with brandy etc, it kept exceptionally well. (It was covered with a layer of marzipan then icing of course).

I married in Australia and went for something different with pink icing, heart shaped cake and chocolate sponge. That was only because my fianc? was intolerant to dried fruit. People in Australia followed the British tradition then and guest were very surprised at the choice..

That was a long time ago and now both countries have all sorts of mixtures as well as fruit cake based in wedding cakes. I've made and eaten fruit cake and enjoyed it. In Britain it was and is often just eaten at tea time, not for any special,occasion. Xmas pudding is another tradition and that's made with dried fruits and I've made those too. Lovely with thick custard.

TLLK

Quote from: Trudie on November 29, 2017, 04:39:54 PM
I was thinking the very same thing TLLK Now that Louise is in her teens perhaps she will be the chief bridesmaid?
Yes now that Louise has the experience of being a bridesmaid at one high profile BRF wedding, no doubt she can take on the challenge of being chief bridesmaid. (She'll just have to keep her brother in line if he's in the wedding party too!) :wink:

Double post auto-merged: November 30, 2017, 04:40:01 AM

Quote from: Curryong on November 30, 2017, 04:04:48 AM
Until about a decade ago fruit cake was standard fare for wedding and christening cakes in Britain. One of the tiers of wedding cakes was almost always saved for the first child of the marriage's christening. Rich and dried fruit-filled and with brandy etc, it kept exceptionally well. (It was covered with a layer of marzipan then icing of course).

I married in Australia and went for something different with pink icing, heart shaped cake and chocolate sponge. That was only because my fianc? was intolerant to dried fruit. People in Australia followed the British tradition then and guest were very surprised at the choice..

That was a long time ago and now both countries have all sorts of mixtures as well as fruit cake based in wedding cakes. I've made and eaten fruit cake and enjoyed it. In Britain it was and is often just eaten at tea time, not for any special,occasion. Xmas pudding is another tradition and that's made with dried fruits and I've made those too. Lovely with thick custard.
Perhaps they'll opt for a traditional fruitcake which seems to be present at most BRF weddings and then a separate groom's cake? I have read that Sophie and Edward broke with tradition and opted for chocolate cake at their 1999 wedding.

Double post auto-merged: November 30, 2017, 04:45:39 AM

BBC News | UK | Chocolate surprise for Royal wedding guests Article from the baker about their cake.

TLLK

Curryong

Thanks for that TLLK. I agree, there's something about the Blues and Royals uniform that trumps many of the others. I hope HM doesn't give him a Colonelcy in a regiment that requires a scarlet tunic. Ginger Harry and red clothing do not go together!

amabel

Fruit cake is Horrible but it is kind of a Brtiish tradition for Christmas and wedding cake.
I hope she wotn have too many child attendants, but I'm sure she will have an adult bridesmaid who can take charge of them a bit...

TLLK

^^^ AFAIK all of those are currently filled so, Harry gets to avoid the red tunic for now. However I believe one will be waiting for him in the future. Maybe by then Harry's hair color will have already started to change naturally and it won't clash with the tunic. (I don't see Harry following Prince Ashkino's example of dyeing hair once you start to grey.) :wink:

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 30, 2017, 11:41:59 AM
Maybe it's only her mom and dad at the May wedding, and her close friends. Who cares? Not everyone has numerous and functional families.
Out of curiousity, has Thomas Markle remarried or do either of her parents  have a long term partners?

TLLK

Some BRF brides have opted for  adult attendants in addition to having teens/children: QEII, Autumn Kelly, Lady Sarah, the Gloucester daughters, Kate and Zara; so I wouldn't be surprised to see Meghan having some present in her bridal party. :)

Curryong

I don't believe either of Meghan's parents has a longterm partner. And believe me, the Fail and other tabloids would be overjoyed if they had!

TLLK

@Curryong -Thank you and to be honest, I believe that her parents would like to keep their private life just that...private. :) No doubt they are aware of the press' interest in the other families that married into the BRF (Spencer, Ferguson, Middleton) and cherish the fac that they both reside in North America!

corydora

Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

corydora

Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, the daughter of Charles, Earl Spencer, might be a flower girl?

LouisFerdinand

sara8150

Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Sign a Prenup?
Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Sign a Prenup?

Double post auto-merged: November 30, 2017, 11:35:51 PM

I?m read on Daily Mail says Prince George and Princess Charlotte will part in their uncle?s wedding next years May 2018 Prince George will be pageboy and Princess Charlotte will be flower girl same Pippa?s wedding in May 2017

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 29, 2017, 03:50:25 AM
Xmas Day Lunch isn't THE big meal at a Sandringham Christmas. The big meal for the BRF is the dinner (turkey with all the trimmings)  the evening before, after which all the gifts are given. Lunch is just the meal before many of the royals depart in the afternoon (to see their own families, friends etc) and after the Church walk etc.

There are probably two courses, soup and some kind of meat dish, perhaps made from the afters of the Turkey etc. There would be mince pies if wanted. This meal isn't big because the staff need a break and their own big celebratory meal.
Thank you for the information @Curryong. @LouisFerdinand - Plus there is also the big Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the extended family who will not join in at Sandringham. The Queen's cousins used to gather with everyone when their children were young, but now they celebrate with their own adult children and grandchildren.