Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 1

Started by TLLK, October 19, 2017, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on November 28, 2017, 08:26:17 PM
Saturday May 26 or Sunday 27 so as many people can actually go and see her arriving and the couple departing in a carriage, just to come back again for the reception.

Monday May 28 is matter of fact a UK holiday, long weekend.

I don't see any other possible May dates where all the BRF can be there.

There are May dates which is a repeat of important events yearly, especially HM The Queen and one of her week duration horse events.

If Harry and Meghan chosen wedding date on May 26 would be great for my birthday gifts!!

Curryong

Monday 7th May is also a Bank Holiday. The weather is better in late May, however.

amabel

I thought the tress were quite ridiculous looking.. but the Will and Kate wedding overall was not particularly engaging.  she looked dull, bland.. Meghan I don't know muich about yet, we shall see.... but IMO Windsor is a second best location.  Charles and Cam married there because of the divorce etc.  Ed and Sophie because the RF was in a trough of popularity at the time and they were trying to avoid accusaitions of sepnding too much and too much grandeur for a wedding...

sara8150

Queen WILL attend Harry and Meghan?s wedding (and pick up the bill for the church, entertainment, flowers and reception)
The Queen will attend Harry and Meghan?s wedding | Daily Mail Online

Kritter

I also thought those trees looked ridiculous. If they wanted an outdoor wedding that is what they should have done.

wannable

Everyone places nature inside churches when getting married.

The difference is that they didn't kill the trees nor chopped fields of flowers.

St. Georges chapel is not so grand in length, nor height. So I very much doubt they will stuff the place with trees or flowers, already stuffy within the chapel with all its decor themed mostly with order of the garter artifacts.  She can wear any dress with whatever vail, and the church size won't make her look smallish from top terrace ceiling viewing.

TLLK

^^^Good points @wannable regarding the size of St. George's Chapel and having visited it this past summer, I don't believe that it requires the floral decor that Westminster Abbey did. The interior of SGC is much lighter and brighter than WA, so even smaller scale floral decor will look lovely IMO.

I also agree that having the live trees allowed them to be replanted on Duchy of Cornwall land which likely pleased Prince Charles. :nod:

wannable

If Kate had chosen a balloon type Diana dress with 20 + meters of vail, then probably no trees to fill in the high sky ceiling emptiness,  the dress would be all. That's how I see Diana's pics from ceiling view.

sandy

Both Diana and Fergie had those ultra long trains. There were aerial views of them.

Kate's dress IMO was rather bland, a Grace Kelly type gown but rather dull.

Kritter

Having flowers at a wedding & having trees moved in are totally different things.  :blink: 

IMO the trees still looked ridiculous. W&K's wedding in no way were on par with C&D's wedding.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 29, 2017, 12:15:51 AM
If Kate had chosen a balloon type Diana dress with 20 + meters of vail, then probably no trees to fill in the high sky ceiling emptiness,  the dress would be all. That's how I see Diana's pics from ceiling view.

I believe that Diana needed a very large gown to fill the vast interior of St. Paul's cathedral. Its interior less ornate than Westminster Abbey. Reportedly she requested the longest train possible for her gown at 25 ft., though had she worn one similar in length to Sarah's at 17 ft or Elizabeth's at 13.5 ft. it still could have worked. Anne's, Sophie's and  Kate's gowns only had about a 7.5 foot train length.

sara8150

We have wait and see Meghan decision chosen train longer or same Kate?s in 2011 you will find out kept under wraps zip it!!

Diana?s wedding gowns is worth longer is 25ft and bridesmaid help her training I?m like oh my goodness!! REST OF HISTORY!! If Diana was here..

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to wed in May
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to wed in May - Videos - CBS News

wannable

Yes there's a difference, flowers will die, the tress not.

The POWs wedding is more important than the second in line to the throne...

And so it is happening with Harry, a less grand wedding than William's.  I do truly hope Harry and the institution train Meghan well, so as not to repeat a Diana running to the press or a Fergie messing it all.  But this should be a new thread, will Kate and Meghan be besties? I happen to doubt it, Kate will be diplomatically pleasant and that's it.

sara8150

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to wed at Windsor Castle in May
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to wed at Windsor Castle in May - CBS News

Double post auto-merged: November 29, 2017, 12:36:19 AM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to hold May wedding at Windsor Castle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to hold May wedding at Windsor Castle - TODAY.com

sara8150

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 29, 2017, 12:32:12 AM
Yes there's a difference, flowers will die, the tress not.

The POWs wedding is more important than the second in line to the throne...

And so it is happening with Harry, a less grand wedding than William's.  I do truly hope Harry and the institution train Meghan well, so as not to repeat a Diana running to the press or a Fergie messing it all.  But this should be a new thread, will Kate and Meghan be besties? I happen to doubt it, Kate will be diplomatically pleasant and that's it.
Glad to see that Harry and Meghan appear to be getting the venue that they wanted for their wedding. Unfortunately the media will try to whatever they can to sell papers and gain clicks so I expect that they'll go for a Diana vs Fergie angle. :wacko:

wannable

Harry is not the most popular. Yougov stats place the Queen followed by William, then Kate, Harry and lastly papa Charles.

Yes I do think both Harry and Meghan will do a fine job, only that I think she will be reminded via the institution of the BRF her ranking and station. It's a losing battle if she F up with it like Diana and Fergie.

@TLLK that is why I do really wish she gets lots of training, study, etc in the inner works of the BRF. The outside walk shake hands smile hug the kids is easy, it the inside part I think she will have a shocker.

TLLK

Interior shots of St. George's Chapel
http://theenchantedmanor.com//wp-content/uploads/2015/06/St-Georges-Chapel-Nave.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/f7/e1/eef7e10ed85a68bd030604e76dfe5810.jpg

Exterior shots of St. George's Chapel.

LouisFerdinand

The article mentioned that lunch on Christmas Day is pencilled in for just 50 minutes. How many courses are served?

TLLK

Quote@TLLK that is why I do really wish she gets lots of training, study, etc in the inner works of the BRF. The outside walk shake hands smile hug the kids is easy, it the inside part I think she will have a shocker.
:nod: Good points @wannable. I truly believe that Harry will do his best to ensure that Meghan has a slow and thorough introduction to royal life because he doesn't want to see what happened to his mother (Fergie too) repeated again. IMO he's already demonstrated that he's willing to do what is necessary to protect her much like William did for Kate.

TLLK

Duch_Luver_4ever

What do ppl think of the DM article with that pic, with someone claiming Harry has to watch out, that shes been wanting this for decades. I did recall someone saying she used to watch C&D's wedding on tape over and over, but I dont follow the situation enough to be able to weigh in like I would on Diana related matters.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Xmas Day Lunch isn't THE big meal at a Sandringham Christmas. The big meal for the BRF is the dinner (turkey with all the trimmings)  the evening before, after which all the gifts are given. Lunch is just the meal before many of the royals depart in the afternoon (to see their own families, friends etc) and after the Church walk etc.

There are probably two courses, soup and some kind of meat dish, perhaps made from the afters of the Turkey etc. There would be mince pies if wanted. This meal isn't big because the staff need a break and their own big celebratory meal.

TLLK

^^^Yikes I had thought Meghan would have at least more than 48 before these types of stories started. :no: No doubt the press has had them waiting until their engagement was announced.  <_<

@Curryong-Seems like a shame to torture birds with these rags, so I don't think that they should be lining their cages.