Royal Foundation gives 2 million pounds for mental health

Started by TLLK, October 08, 2017, 01:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

sara8150

'I Feel Like It's Exam Results Day': Prince William Sees the Real Impact of His Mental Health Campaign
Prince William Reacts to Mental Health Campaign Impact

Double post auto-merged: October 08, 2017, 01:39:34 AM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry reveal £2m funding to heal nation's mental health
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry reveal £2m funding to heal nation's mental health

TLLK

Prince William Reacts to Mental Health Campaign Impact YouGov took a survey in Feb. 2018 and compared it to results taken in May 2018 after the campaign.

QuoteThe study noted a "slow and steady increase" in people talking about mental health in general, with a 3 percent rise, or 1.5 million people, discussing it in May compared with February.

Of those surveyed, 68 percent of people would now speak to a family member, 64 percent to a friend and 25 percent to a doctor. But only 2 percent would choose to speak to their HR department, 7 percent to a work supervisor and 24 percent to a colleague.

Just over half (51 percent) of those asked said it was now easy to speak about mental health.

Good to see that people are starting to recognize the importance of acknowledging the need to discuss mental health and to seek help if needed. :)

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thats just fantastic!!! Mum must be beaming  :cloud9: I know Williams not responsible for all that 1.5 million people, but its these high impact activities that only the younger royals seem able to do, that move the needle on issues much more than fussing about ticks on a ledger somewhere.

Let the old f@#ts do the plaques and such, just dont try and tell me 4 or 5 or more of those does more than things like this.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

I think it's absolutely fantastic, wonderful that the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry has given this grant for technology to enable people to locate mental health services more speedily.

(I see quite a few people who have mental issues from various causes in the course of my work at a local community centre and my only caveat to the above is anxiety that there may well be not enough health professionals to treat and assist the numbers that are being encouraged (rightly) by the royals and others.

I don't know that the older royals confine themselves mainly to ribbon cutting and plaque unveiling, by the way. I think if you examined the charities and causes undertaken by royals like Charles, Anne,Camilla, Andrew, Sophie Wessex and the others week by week, year by year, you would find a huge variety of important issues, everything from assisting the victims of domestic violence, fund raising for lifeboats and for premature babies, saving children in Third World poverty, assisting people without funds start and grow businesses, getting jobs for newly released young prisoners and a myriad of other things.

My worry is that a much of what The Three Musketeeers, William, Kate and Harry, undertake is high profile and relies on getting a lot of interest from the media. They had better make hay while the sun shines I think as Kate, the eldest of the trio, is coming up to her late 30s, even Harry is 33 (just) and the media start losing a bit of interest in royals' projects when they reach middle age and are no longer so young or visually attractive.                                                                                                 

TLLK

The Cambridges and Prince Harry trademark Twitter Hashtag – Royal Central

@KensingtonRoyal/Twitter

The Royal trio is set to have their first trademarked hashtag as the Royal Foundation has applied for #stopspeaksupport.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, who are active campaigners of raising awareness surrounding mental health, appear to be on their next mission. The three started their Heads Together Foundation which recently received the results of their work with the findings that between February to May, when the Heads Together Campaign was in full force, the public's understanding of mental health as exponentially higher.

TLLK

Royal Nikkhah @RoyaNikkah
The Duke of Cambridge & @brenthoberman to unveil landmark agreement from the Royal Foundation's Cyberbullying Taskforce & the teenage tragedy that drove William to act @thesundaytimes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DObEnBBWAAAlQhP.jpg

According to the article, William has been meeting privately with the family of Felix who committed suicide over online bullying.