Harry's first engagement with Rugby as their new patron 7/6/17

Started by TLLK, July 05, 2017, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Curryong

Harry's looking very happy, dapper and fit these days. He has a varied couple of days in Leeds. As well as meeting with engagements that play into the work done by Heads Together, there is the promotion of rugby in the health of young people, and a visit to a desperately ill boy for whom WellChild volunteers (Harry's charity) are transforming a garden. Harry's favourite sport is Rugby, so I'm sure he finds that very enjoyable, also he will be visiting a sweets factory, ditto! I wonder where he's staying?

Curryong

Harry had a full couple of days at Leeds, being an energetic big brother and supporter to the kids at Rugby, visiting a very sick little boy and his family and seeing the garden WellChild made for him and his brothers. He very much showed his caring side there and at a hospital where he met some very sick children and their wonderful parents.

Then it was on to some fun stuff; a confectionary factory which made sweets he remembered from his childhood. He toured the factory and was presented with several boxes of sweets made especially for him, called Harry-mix, with sweets moulded in the shape of his head. Some of the boxes were for his family. Wonder whether he'll give some to his grandparents?

Double post auto-merged: July 08, 2017, 12:21:16 AM[/i

Delete.

TLLK

Prince Harry Celebrates 125th Birthday of Rugby League with Video

QuoteMuch of the world might still be in lockdown, but that doesn't mean that we can't celebrate special occasions. In honor of Rugby League's 125th birthday, Prince Harry "hosted a special birthday quiz" for the organization, per a press release, and also "spoke with players, coaches, and volunteers" via video chat.

The Duke of Sussex revealed that he was particularly proud of the way in which the sport continues to draw people together, even during difficult times such as the pandemic. According to a press release, he then proceeded to lead "the group in a just-for-fun 'set of six' quiz to help celebrate the sport?s 125th birthday." We can't think of a better person to host a birthday quiz, tbh.

Celebrating the Rugby League, Harry said, "It can bring so many families together, bring so many people together? it doesn't matter whether you're in the stands, whether you're the groundsman, whether you're a player, whether you're a fan, or whether you're a first time watcher, every single person is bound by this family feeling."

Harry's continued commitment to the organizations, charities, and causes he holds dear was more than evident in the video celebration.

wannable

Prince Harry says only coronavirus has stopped him returning to UK as he vows to fly home for Rugby League World Cup

^ In the video enclosed in the Sun article, Harry says he will definitely travel to the UK for the rugby next year and that he would have already been in the UK but because of Covid19 he can't.

Curryong

I'm glad to see that Harry will be back to see the Rugby World Cup if it's held next year. Harry's been an enthusiastic and devout Patron of both Rugby League and Union for years.

Curryong

Why is it ridiculous? Harry has been a keen supporter of rugby since he was a teenager, and he played it at Eton. Nobody could have been a more enthusiastic Patron of this sport in the years since. If the Queen objected then she would have told him to drop this patronage, but she hasn't, so it's fine with her and with TPTB within the Rugby federation itself.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on August 29, 2020, 11:39:23 PM
I'm glad to see that Harry will be back to see the Rugby World Cup if it's held next year. Harry's been an enthusiastic and devout Patron of both Rugby League and Union for years.
Yes and likewise we'll see William and Anne in attendance at matches for Welsh and Scottish Rugby too.

Curryong

Yes, they've divided it all up well between them. Rugby is almost a religion in Wales, the land of the  Dragon!

TLLK

I have to say that dividing up the rugby patronages among three of the sports mad members of the BRF was a good decision.

QueenAlex

From what little I know, (I hate all sport) Rugby leageue and Rugby Union are not too fond of each other, so not sure why H is patron to both sports.

wannable

Harry is patron RFU and England 
Then Anne is Patron Scottish Rugby
and last William is Vice Patron of Wales.

Curryong

Prince Harry to take over from The Queen as patron of RFU and RFL - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Rugby Football Union and Rugby Football League (Rugby Union and Rugby League) are two distinct strands of the same sport in Britain, though to outsiders the playing rules of each branch show little difference.

Double post auto-merged: September 01, 2020, 10:08:47 PM

The Difference Between Rugby League & Rugby Union | Keith Prowse

I know that when Harry was announced as acting Patron of both, one of the Codes' administrators objected to having the same Patron as the other (can't remember which one it was now) as it blurred the differences.

Double post auto-merged: September 01, 2020, 10:14:31 PM

Why has the modify button disappeared? I was posting on this only a very few minutes ago. Anyway, at the beginning of this article under the photo it states that Harry has had a long association with both Rugby Union and Rugby League.

Prince Harry to return to Buckingham Palace to fulfil duty as host for Rugby League World Cup draw

wannable

Yes, he's got the top position in patronage with the Rugby, hence I placed him first.

Anne's trip last year was paid by the Scottish Rugby, then she stayed and expenses were clearly media mentioned to keep it transparent, as some members of her family joined Rugby Japan 2019.  Harry was prepared to travel, but England lost the semis.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 01, 2020, 10:00:02 PM
Prince Harry to take over from The Queen as patron of RFU and RFL - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Rugby Football Union and Rugby Football League (Rugby Union and Rugby League) are two distinct strands of the same sport in Britain, though to outsiders the playing rules of each branch show little difference.

Double post auto-merged: September 01, 2020, 10:08:47 PM

The Difference Between Rugby League & Rugby Union | Keith Prowse

I know that when Harry was announced as acting Patron of both, one of the Codes' administrators objected to having the same Patron as the other (can't remember which one it was now) as it blurred the differences.

Double post auto-merged: September 01, 2020, 10:14:31 PM

Why has the modify button disappeared? I was posting on this only a very few minutes ago. Anyway, at the beginning of this article under the photo it states that Harry has had a long association with both Rugby Union and Rugby League.

Prince Harry to return to Buckingham Palace to fulfil duty as host for Rugby League World Cup draw

QuoteWhy has the modify button disappeared?

@Curryong-I'll check with Administration regarding the settings for posters to modify their posts.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on September 01, 2020, 01:39:05 PM
Why is it ridiculous? Harry has been a keen supporter of rugby since he was a teenager, and he played it at Eton. Nobody could have been a more enthusiastic Patron of this sport in the years since. If the Queen objected then she would have told him to drop this patronage, but she hasn't, so it's fine with her and with TPTB within the Rugby federation itself.

It is ridiculous because he does not live there.
He is so different from his family ( his own words) in the Greta prank interview. He was explaining how ? woke? he is.
He lives in CA.
THEY are never returning to The UK, land of racists, racism, a toxic BRF.....etc. hey, words , feelings from their semi/ faux authorized semi/ faux autobiography.
Frogmore Cottage is a dead, ugly, dreary, dreadful, antiquated, isolated, cold, historic looking, small, just awful place.
Their new home is sunny, cheerful, modern, huge, a huge mansion, American, shinny, pool, tennis court, close to the private beach, private, surrounded by wealthy , fun people who are alive and not close by a graveyard.
FC will go into ruin like Andrews Sunnighill. Millions of money gone to waste without a care.
Sunninghill should have been sold right away way back when.
FC, no one lives there and no one will. Massive renovations to H(M) specifications and they are not going to ever be there. Meghan is not going back to horrible country with horrible people. Toxic , new word, BRF.
H( M ) have their own private photographer to copyright their photos.
No more royal, racist rota. Lol.
Jokes on you BRF and TheUK.

Well, QE and PC, the bank two bank accounts , were not slammed, but that WnK and the rest, awful.
Meghan is happy to be HOME for so many reasons, her words. You go call her if you don't like her own words and ask her to explain the insensitivity to her comment to a nation of people who supported, welcomed her.
Harry saying in The Commonwealth on line interview England needs to atone for its past racism to TCommonwealth.
These things have been done.
He is so WOKE!lol. Oh gosh.
He has not atoned , apologized for his racist comments and Nazi suit. TPTB did FOR him.
You cannot have two BRF.
BRF in England  and Sussex in America tending to BRF things in England.
The Queen usual plays chess , chess moves, on people while others are playing checkers .She is TQ and always blocks, plays to win. Plays for the longterm and not the shorterm.
H(M) has run her over like a frieghtrain.
This time, with SussexHhenry, she looks out of touch. Weak.

This silly, ridiculous.
This dog and pony show .
If H and his wifey can makes the rules, show Queenie what is up,then just trim BRF funding, security, accomodations for minor ones like Eug, Bea. These girls are married women. When are they going to get their own homes for family growth and for their future children , inheritance. Lifelong accomodations for Sarah at The Royal Lodge. End so many duties.  That pomp and circumstance pagentry. that are not necessary, patronages which are silly, outdated.
H ( M).  are the winners. Meghan Harry has , yes, with Andrew doing his part, blown the cover of this silliness.

Just my opinion.

wannable

Rugby Football League
@TheRFL
RFL Patron The Duke of Sussex sends a message ahead of tomorrow's Coral Challenge Cup Final:

RFL Patron The Duke of Sussex's message ahead of Coral Challenge Cup Final

The link is the Rugby league website.  Not posting the Rugby Football League announcement they did in Twitter, since it's been hard hit with trolls requesting Harry to be fired or resign.

Macrobug67

As Harry is no longer the Patron, this tread is closed