Royal Exes-Spouses and significant others

Started by sara8150, January 13, 2017, 05:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

I also agree with TLLK and Curryong that Eugenie and Jack are moving towards an engagement.

amabel

I doubt if they will have big weddings..

Curryong

Andrew might insist on his daughters being able to use St George's Chapel, and I can see Beatrice complying with that. Eugenie I'm not so sure of. She's less keen on Royal life and people using her title or HRH. She may surprise everyone and have a destination wedding, in Switzerland perhaps, especially if her wedding occurs after her grandparents' deaths. Her cousins and other royals would attend, though. Both weddings would be covered by newspapers and magazines IMO, but they almost certainly won't be televised.

TLLK

I think that Beatrice and Eugenie will opt for the traditional wedding site of St. George's Chapel. I also agree with @Curryong that they'll not be televised but will be covered by the press like Peter and Zara's weddings.

If there is televised BRF wedding in the near future it will be Harry's.  :)
(Because as tempting as it might be, I don't see him eloping to a destination wedding!) :crazylove:

amabel

I think that they will be modest, using a royal used church but not a huge crowd or TV or the like. 
No harm in iehter of them, but I think that it is best that the RF is slimmed down, and less public.

sandy

Where there are magazines like People and Majesty, there will be interest in royal weddings no matter how scaled down.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

royalanthropologist

Good luck to him. Everybody deserves a bit of happiness, whatever your age.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

I wish him well. Although his first marriage failed. Maybe he will have children of this marriage.

Double post auto-merged: November 21, 2017, 02:34:26 PM

Well he did marry someone of the same culture and the marriage still did not work.

dianab

Quote from: TLLK on November 20, 2017, 06:44:39 PM
Diana's 'Mr Wonderful' finally finds happiness 20 years after his affair with tragic princess - Mirror Online

This will be his second marriage and her first. :wub:
His 1rst marriage was with a cousin. And his 2nd marriage with a very young doctor woman. (when the diana inquest ended, DM showed pics of them together. and when was going on the Diana movie in press, he told DM his marriage to doctor woman had ended because his wife was very dedicated to her career and they were living apart in different cities) IIRC this new fiancee resembles the young doctor.

Double post auto-merged: November 22, 2017, 11:54:47 AM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 20, 2017, 06:50:42 PM
Good luck to him. Everybody deserves a bit of happiness, whatever your age.
You dont need to be married (a piece of paper) to be happy IMHO

Duch_Luver_4ever

Lets see if he can make a third person unhappy, i know my opinion is in the minority, but a man this foolish and careless doesnt deserve happiness.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

In 1956 Antony Armstrong-Jones was commissioned to take the 21st birthday pictures of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent.

dianab

@Duch_Luver_4ever

i think he's just plainly a typical bachelor... and as a typical aged bachelor he likes them younger...
i think diana had grow tired of him few months before finally left him. he said when diana was back from SA he told him there wasnt enough security for them to live there. and her brother and her friends commented how she was thinking seriously about SA and she liked the privacy there...

royalanthropologist

I think some people are just not the marrying kind. Marriage is a tough cookie and at that age you are set in your ways. I would not want to pressurize anyone to get married unless they were absolutely ready. Otherwise it can be one hell of a ride.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: dianab on November 25, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
@Duch_Luver_4ever

i think he's just plainly a typical bachelor... and as a typical aged bachelor he likes them younger...
i think diana had grow tired of him few months before finally left him. he said when diana was back from SA he told him there wasnt enough security for them to live there. and her brother and her friends commented how she was thinking seriously about SA and she liked the privacy there...

agreed @dianab  SA would have been a decent place for her dream of living abroad, although I think she was a bit unrealistic about how much the press and all the hubub of being Diana would go away living out of the UK. It was a commonwealth-ish country, one the boys could reach easily for half term and other holiday visits, and give her easy access to international travel for her humanitarian works.

As for Hasnat, yes most men like women younger than they are, it usually takes men longer to establish themselves and thus their ultimate value to the opposite sex, compared to women whos main value is usually in their younger, most successful child bearing years, evolutionary psychology wise.

I guess ill always be angry at him for being so careless with Diana's heart, especially since in the beginning she gave it to him so unreservedly. Also the ultimate reason for him refusing "coming out" with her, marrying a traditional girl, failed so spectacularly, it made it seem doubly so that it was all for naught.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Blue Clover

I hope he finds happiness with his new wife!

LouisFerdinand

Do you think it was wise for Princess Diana to buy clothes for James Hewitt? Did Diana say she had dressed James from head to toe?

Duch_Luver_4ever

She did say that to Gilbey on their recorded call, it was not a very nice characterization of Hewitt considering she dropped him because he got stationed to Germany and he refused to let her jeopardize his army career by trying to interfere with the rotation. It sowed the seeds of her betrayal by him in the book Princess in Love.

I dont think buying the clothes was a wise or unwise act. It was likely an act of affection, but as she rashly got rid of him, she bemoaned the act. It might have also given him a taste for life above the paygrade of an army soldier, and might have made it more important to him to have money, which the book was a big inducement, so one could argue that was unwise, but so often we do things with the best of intentions only to have them come back to harm us in ways we dont foresee.

In that sense it may have been imprudent, but I think unwise is too harsh, she was too inexperienced and unwise herself to consider it a lapse in wisdom, but I think it was the expression of a pattern we'd see again in her life, of sabotaging her happiness.

amabel

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on April 09, 2018, 01:07:34 AM
She did say that to Gilbey on their recorded call, it was not a very nice characterization of Hewitt considering she dropped him because he got stationed to Germany and he refused to let her jeopardize his army career by trying to interfere with the rotation. It sowed the seeds of her betrayal by him in the book Princess in Love.

I d

In

He was willing to take presents from her because he liked a luxurious life.. and he was willing to sell her out for the same reason. 

sandy

He indeed sell her out. Hewitt and DIana split after he went to war but they had a reconciliation in 1991, then became friends, then Diana stopped seeing him completely. Couples part but it was no excuse for Hewitt to sell Diana out for $$$. He squandered all the book money (he wrote a sequel) and is living with his mother now.  Hewitt did not hesitate to take gifts from Diana. He also wanted to sell her letters but there were no takers.

Diana not wanting to continue seeing him is no excuse for Hewitt selling her out.

sandy

They did break up in 1989 but reconciled in 1991.

Hewitt treated HER shabbily. She was punished for "exiling" him from her circle (they were not lovers after 1991 but were in the same circle). She stopped contacting him after ca. 1993-4.

He immediately retaliated and sold their story for the almighty dollar, then he wrote another book which did not sell as well as the first..

Any woman can split with a boyfriend without expecting nasty reprisals or abuse.

I think nobody wanted to go near those letters and some considered him a sleaze.

If Diana did it, I think you would have let her have it. But hewitt appears to be saintly to you.

He squandered the money he got from those books and is now broke.

Hewitt did not make himself popular selling her out.

Do you think a  woman should be forced to stay with a partner for fear he do something for revenge? I call that abuse. Big Time. But we're talking Diana here and she is the "bad guy". You tube or no you tube. the facts are out there. And the time period was confirmed by Hewitt and Diana.

Duch_Luver_4ever

BBC News | MIDDLE EAST | Timeline: War in the Gulf

17 October: Western troops in the Gulf number 200,000 US troops, 15,000 UK troops and 11,000 French troops.

They talked BEFORE he was to deploy to the gulf aka before Oct 1990!!!! She stopped calling him after the News of the World story came out, so it was more like a couple years earlier than 93-94. AS usual, your info's all wrong.

You can split with someone without expecting reprisals, if you do it decently. Im not saying she should have been forced to stay with him, but if you treat someone like $hit dont be surprised if some comes back on you. Thats what Diana did

Im not saying Hewitt is saintly, just that hes not the cardboard villain hes made out to be, and Diana the virtuous saint. Here was someone who severely damaged someones car for standing her up, had Gilby wanted she could have been prosecuted as the damage even back then was in the thousands. So shes no stranger to acting rashly to romantic disappointments. Imagine what shed have done to him if the shoe was on the other foot and he dropped her like that.

sandy

I read various books including Sarah Bradford's. She said they reconciled in 1991. I stand by my post. It was a few years after that, that Hewitt was dropped from her circle (even though they were not lovers then).

decently? So she was not doing this "decently"? She broke up with him. She dropped him from her circle. But he got "revenge" and $$$ which he squandered.

Hewitt I think was greedy. That appeared to have been his downfall. He hawked those letters that nobody wanted to buy from him. He made a fool of himself on TV going under "hypnosis" and being filmed for TV in a bathtub (and drunk).

Diana was no saint but she did not deserve what he did.

Diana in 1989 asked Charles if they could reconcile and have another baby. So that was a time when she was not "seeing" Hewitt.  Charles refused her.

Gilbey did not charge her with anything so it's a moot point. She did not have a "romance" with Gilbey pre Charles.

FanDianaFancy

Hewitt was a cad.
He was not a good guy. Clothes bought fiorvhim by her or him fir her, so what

Hewitt will be rearing his ugly big egghead. Soon

May 17 to May 20, Hewitt will be seeking out any sleaze reporters for cash as well as being sought out by  the sleaze ones with stories..

If he had s son, he wish it could have been Harry.

Hewitt wishes  all the best to Prince Harry.

Hweitts Thoughts of How Proud Diana Would Have Been Of Harry .

Hewitt, Meghan? s half brother and half sister will be speaking for some some cash until the day they each die. You would think, even sleaze reporters and rag mags would not even go after these no body?s.