Author Topic: Harry's Engagements  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
Re: Harry's Engagements
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 03:27:27 AM »
I have a vision, TLLK, of Royal children practising this skill from the age of about six, with a curtain and existing plaque!

A very colourful ceremony indeed and Harry received a bunch of flowers as well as a lei. I remember he joked about not receiving flowers on a previous engagement (Heads Together) when Kate received a posy from a girl who then asked for a hug from Harry. He can't complain this time!

I do think that Harry thoroughly enjoyed his trip to Nepal, including staying at the hill villages, where he delayed his farewell by helping to build a school. Also he knows the Gurkha regiments extremely well, from his two tours of Afghanstan. I have a feeling that Harry may well be their next honorary Colonel in chief after his father.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »
I had forgotten that Charles was their honorary colonel and I agree that Harry would be an excellent candidate in the future. He looks very pleased with his garland.

I've watched  a very funny video of Edward making quite the production out of unveiling a plaque.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline Jennifer

• Her Royal Highness
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Time really does fly!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 11:25:32 PM »
Prince Harry has undertaken training as a counsellor to help veterans battle trauma of war

Prince Harry has undertaken a course where he has been training to become a counsellor.

The Prince took part in the two-day course with the aim of helping veterans battle the trauma of combat.

On the course, he learnt how to help people who are suffering from post-traumatic stress as he volunteered at the British Army’s Personnel Recovery Unit in 2016. “It ran through the range of options that veterans face,” says a royal source.

Read more:
Prince Harry has undertaken training as a counsellor to help veterans battle trauma of war – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 02:27:12 AM »
I'm happy that Harry took this introductory course. He is an empathetic individual anyway and people respond well to him. Like his mother he seems to bring a certain amount of comfort and ease to the people he interacts with.

However, being given pointers on how to respond in an appropriate way to some of the issues brought up by ex service personnel in conversation, about their feelings of anger, alienation and helplessness for instance, can only do good. I only wish Harry would undertake a full counselling course, even if he only does it parttime. He really comes alive, I think, when meeting and working with wounded and maimed ex vets.   

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 07:42:19 AM »
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry join together to 'shatter the stigma' of mental illness

A very good article discussing the Heads Together films and the training that both brothers have undergone to better understand mental health.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 04:14:22 AM »
I think Duncan and Harry built up a keen friendship during their Antarctic trek, which was very hard physically and emotionally on everyone. I remember the videos of that trip so well and the rapport and supportive banter between all the team. Duncan and Harry shared a tent on that trip and I recollect a reporter asking Duncan if Harry snored. He diplomatically replied that it was more of a soft purr!

I'm glad to see Harry being supportive of this brave double amputee in his new endeavour. I do think Harry feels a special bond with vets and this will hopefully continue.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2017, 04:23:44 AM »

Prince takes on 'little Harry' at Invictus Games trials - BBC News

Harry had a pseudo boxing match with little Harry aged two, when he visited wounded warriors preparing for the Invictus Games in September.! He also visited the Rugby facility for injured players.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 05:17:01 AM »
Below is a lovely handwritten note Harry sent to the children who are going to attend the tea party at the Palace hosted by the Cambridges and Harry in May. The event is for the families of British soldiers killed in recent conflicts. Harry tells the children to not worry about dressing up as they are all going to have a ball anyway.

Twitter

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
Harry attended the army navy rugby match today in aid of Invictus. There was a quite lovely and charming moment when, as a sign of respect the Fiji players knelt in front of him, as they did in front of Princess Anne on a previous occasion when she had to put medals around their necks.

Fiji rugby players kneel before Prince Harry at Twickenham | Stuff.co.nz

Offline Lady Deb

• Palace Visitor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen & Prince Harry
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 05:00:47 AM »
Charismatic and caring Prince Harry at his very best! Visiting special children battling a horrible terminal disease. Harry reminds me so much of his wonderful mother, Diana.

Prince Harry Pays a Special Visit to Child Siblings Battling Same Terminal Illness | E! News Canada

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 06:03:09 AM »
^^^These rare genetic disorders are devastating to families. Due to the fact that they affect such a tiny percentage of the population, they don't always have the wide base of support groups, treatment facilities and research for the cure opportunities. Good to see Harry visiting these siblings and their family.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »
Harry shows the better, more considerate part of himself when interacting with families that have very ill children. I thank God every day that I am not in the position of these parents and others like them. I don't know how I would cope with one desperately sick child, let alone two. It is some small consolation that as a result of publicity to do with Harry and WellChild new and experimental treatment was offered to this family and that Harry and the children's mum kept in touch by e-mail, text etc on the two children's progress.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »
I don't know whether this is the correct thread really, but Barack Obama paid a visit to Britain and to Harry at KP. They had a wide ranging discussion on vets, mental health and a number of other issues including the terrible Manchester attack, about which Mr Obama gave his condolences. I think Harry and the Obamas have developed a real rapport over the years having met on several occasions, and I'm sure it was an interesting meeting.

Prince Harry met Barack Obama to discuss Manchester bomb | Daily Mail Online

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 05:49:04 AM »
 Court Circular

Kensington Palace
26th June, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales was received by The President of the Republic of Malawi at Sanjika Palace, Blantyre, Malawi, today.
Her Excellency Ms Holly Tett (British High Commissioner to the Republic of Malawi) was present.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »
Oh, oh! I wish royals wouldn't do this. Andy was/is very partial to it and Will and Harry seem to be taking after uncle. That is, going on a trip for pleasure, golf (Andrew) wedding (William) cuddling elephants and helping their habitat (Harry) and then tacking on a measure of respectability to it by being received by local dignitaries. This not only receives a tick in the CC but also ensures that the ground is muddied expenses-wise.

Air flights and accommodation (private trips) are paid for by the Royal him/herself. The same, if one is on official or semi-official business representing the Queen and HM Government, paid for, at least in part, by taxpayers. Now, I'm sure that Harry and the Malawi President love meeting each other and great contacts are made. However, Harry, (and the others) get real!

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
Yes, Harry has been trotting around doing a few engagements on the quiet while his brother and sister in law are on tour. He had an engagement with the Navy the other evening now the RAF, which I suspect William would have undertaken had he been in England, as he served in the RAF for a while. However, they had to put up with Harry and everyone looks happy about it. As well they might, he's his usual happy self, met graduating gunners and some kids and he looks great in uniform too!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:22:44 PM by Curryong »

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »
 The actual programme for 7/9 from the CC

Prince Henry of Wales this morning visited Ballymena Ambulance Station, Braid Valley Hospital, Cushendall Road, Ballymena, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Co Antrim (Mrs Joan Christie).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Co-Operation Ireland and met participants in the Amazing Space project and the National Citizen Service programme, 5 Weavers Court Business Park, Linfield Road, Belfast, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County Borough of Belfast (Mrs Fionnuala Jay-O’Boyle).

Prince Henry of Wales afterwards attended a Garden Party at Hillsborough Castle.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
There were circulars telling people not to bother about bowing, curtseying etc to Harry on this his first  trip to Northern Ireland. That seems to have gone the way of dinosaurs with most royals anyway, bar perhaps the Queen.

Anyway, Harry seems to have been a great success there. He was in high spirits (that's what love does for you!) kissing babies, joking, connecting with people, doing what he does best. He channels his mother in his ease with people. A good speech and people seemed very pleased to see him. I think he did a good job and Grannie would be pleased, Im sure.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    68%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »
It would hardly be very tactful in N Irelnd for people to be expected to bow and cursty.

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
^ I don't think people are expected to bow and curtsey to royals anyway, least of all Harry who dislikes that sort of thing. However, Northern Ireland's beginnings as a State were premised on it being a part of the U.K., and therefore the people are in fact subjects in the constitutional monarchy of Great Britain

. They've also been very loyal to Britain throughout two world wars till the present day. So I don't see why it would be particularly tactless for Northern Ireland people to be expected to bow and curtsey as distinct from the people in the West Country of England or East Anglia or the Isle of Wight or Scotland or Wales.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    68%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 12:41:42 AM »
you relly don't know?

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 03:28:36 AM »
Northern Ireland itself is part of Britain. It still recognises the Queen as Head of State, or did the last time I looked. When the Queen visited NI she was probably curtsied to by some.

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites