Author Topic: Prince Harry's joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge  (Read 21211 times)

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Prince Harry's joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral

Prince William and Prince Harry will be in Manchester to join @DIYSOS on Wednesday to help with the final stages of #DIYSOSVeterans build
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Prince Harry's joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
Princes William and Harry to help DIY SOS team complete final stages of veterans' village - Manchester Evening News
The Royal brothers are set to join the BBC team tomorrow to help with the final stages of refurbishing homes in Newton Heath for former army servicemen and women.

Princes William and Harry will be helping the DIY SOS team transform a street in north Manchester into a veterans’ village, the M.E.N. can reveal.

The Royal brothers are set to join the BBC team tomorrow to help with the final stages of refurbishing homes in Newton Heath for former army servicemen and women.

The project, the largest ever to feature on the makeover series, launched last Monday and is due to be completed by the end of this week.

The princes are expected to meet ex-servicemen and women who are moving into the renovated homes.

They will also work alongside veterans’ who are also taking part in the construction work as they develop skills and re-train into a new trade.

The pair will also meet with the street’s existing residents and members of Manchester-based organisations who have contributed to the major project.

Both Prince William and Prince Harry have strong ties to the Armed Forces and have worked in various roles for the military.

Presenter Nick Knowles and the DIY SOS crew are currently renovating empty properties specially designed for veterans with specific needs and requirements.
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

Offline cate1949

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Queen Elizabeth II
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »
aw this on the WwTW feed - so another joint engagement

brother bonding

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »
I think they plan on promoting the Brothers with minimal Kate exposure.

Maybe sidelining her until they can get her to learn to control her behavior. After four years they must have no clue what to do with her. I guess that may be the reason for the extended maternity leave.

Or William is piggy backing on Harry's engagements to up his lousy numbers.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »
I would like to see a female royal in makeover constructions, especially since it is dominated by men worlwide.

Tearing up walls, mixing cement, nailing boards, brick handling, etc.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
That is just one of many where she has not been invited.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:04:08 PM »
Still I'd like to see any female royal in a dominated male environment.

This joint activity is makeover construction.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Well since Harry isn't a female I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
William and Harry join DIY team in project for ex-service personnel - BT

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will show off their DIY skills as they help to turn a derelict street into homes for ex-service personnel.

The brothers will throw their weight behind the ambitious project which will see an entire street in Manchester rejuvenated for Armed Forces veterans.

The pair will join presenter Nick Knowles and the BBC's DIY SOS team of builders as well as hundreds of volunteers in helping with the final stages of the build.

Hailed as the DIY SOS team's "most ambitious" project to date, it will see eight buildings undergo renovation plus the rejuvenation of the facades of 62 houses to help create the basis of a new mixed community.

During today's visit, William and Harry will also meet the street's existing residents.

They hope to draw attention to the ongoing challenges facing service personnel who make the transition to civilian life and who are also lending a helping hand.

The redevelopment will see a support centre on the street, to be run by Walking With The Wounded and the Royal British Legion to assist ex-servicemen and women with retraining and on-site support for those who have been injured - mentally or physically - while in the Armed Forces.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »
. Yes they can! William and Harry don workmen's helmets with their names on as they join BBC's DIY SOS team to transform derelict street into homes for ex-servicemen
Entire street in Manchester will be rejuvenated for Armed Forces veterans
Princes donned personalised hard hats as they arrived at the building site
Joined presenter Nick Knowles and the BBC's DIY SOS team of builders

Read more: Yes they can! Princes William and Harry don workmen's helmets with their NAMES on as they help transform a derelict street into homes for
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A lot of pics and a video included

Offline Limabeany

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Leia
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:16:17 PM »

Or William is piggy backing on Harry's engagements to up his lousy numbers.
That's what i think.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:22:15 PM by Limabeany »
“You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female’.” Diana Vreeland.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
. Yes they can! William and Harry don workmen's helmets with their names on as they join BBC's DIY SOS team to transform derelict street into homes for ex-servicemen
Entire street in Manchester will be rejuvenated for Armed Forces veterans
Princes donned personalised hard hats as they arrived at the building site
Joined presenter Nick Knowles and the BBC's DIY SOS team of builders

Read more: Yes they can! Princes William and Harry don workmen's helmets with their NAMES on as they help transform a derelict street into homes for
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A lot of pics and a video included
Thank you @wannable. Would like to see the "before and after" photos/videos when the entire block is renovated for the service personnel.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
Carolyn Durand ‏@CarolynDurand
For all you ladies out there who swoon after #PrinceHarry - in a hard hat building housing for veterans
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPlgKMyWUAArm8M.jpg

Emily Nash ‏@emynash

#PrinceHarry and #PrinceWilliam chat to veterans #DIYSOSVeterans
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPlr3RuWsAAZTS5.jpg

Harry dressed for work and William dressed to observe. Typical

Princes William and Harry in workmen's helmets to make homes for ex-servicemen  | Daily Mail Online

Dressed in jeans and workmens' helmets, Princes William and Harry showed off their DIY skills today, helping to turn a derelict street into homes for ex-service personnel.

Fifth in line to the throne Harry, 31, still sporting his much-admired beard and wearing grey hoodie and t-shirt, rolled up his sleeves as he helped to lay a patio, while his elder brother, more formerly dressed in a jumper and shirt, helped to paint a wall.

As usual there was more than a little competition between the two men. After being briefed about their tasks, William raised an eyebrow at his younger brother and said challengingly: 'Game on.'
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:24:29 PM by snokitty »

Offline Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
Glad to see that Harry still has the beard and is dressed in casual gear to lay a few slabs!  It's a photo opportunity really, but I think this is for a very good cause and I'm happy to see its getting some publicity.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »
Glad to see that Harry still has the beard and is dressed in casual gear to lay a few slabs!  It's a photo opportunity really, but I think this is for a very good cause and I'm happy to see its getting some publicity.

One shows up looking ready to work and one shows up with that grimace smile looking like he doesn't want to be there.

One does actual construction work and the other paints with a long handled roller.

The Palace is piggy backing William with Harry hoping his popularity will rub off. These are Harry's charities and he is the only one who has shown interest in them.

The Palace will find the only way for William to overcome the PR disaster he and Kate have created in four years is for them both to steady work and act like they are as happy to be around the less fortunate as they do around celebrities.

Princes help turn derelict street into homes for veterans | UK news | The Guardian
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have donned personalised hard hats and steel-toe boots to help turn a derelict street into homes for former service personnel.

The princes are in Manchester to help turn the Newton Heath Street into homes for army veterans as part of a BBC TV show.

The duke showed off his artistic flair as he painted the kitchen of one of the 62 houses, while his brother’s work was cut out for him next door. Prince Harry was tasked with laying paving stones in the garden and put his hands up in the air and laughed on completion.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:03:08 PM by snokitty »

Offline cate1949

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Queen Elizabeth II
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
I think this is a super duper great cause to support and in this case I am glad to see Will there - having both of them there really will increase exposure to this cause.

But seriously - buy a new sweater Will!

I note Harry's rosacea is looking bad here - he really needs to get treatment for it -

Offline Jenee

• Administrator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    4%
    • Favorite royal: Zara Phillips
    • Royal Insight
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »
@wannable I agree. It would have been great to see a female Royal rolling up her sleeves and pitching in (doing something other than painting).
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Offline Limabeany

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Leia
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 05:17:04 PM »
I could picture Zara doing that! She is a trooper.  :Jen:
“You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female’.” Diana Vreeland.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »
I think this is a super duper great cause to support and in this case I am glad to see Will there - having both of them there really will increase exposure to this cause.

I note Harry's rosacea is looking bad here - he really needs to get treatment for it -
Perhaps Kate was hoping it would need replacing after the painting? :P

I get the feeling that neither brother has an extensive wardrobe. They seem happiest with their jeans, t-shirts, hoodies,  sweaters (jumpers), and their beloved blue suits. :D

Offline Jenee

• Administrator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    4%
    • Favorite royal: Zara Phillips
    • Royal Insight
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 01:20:44 AM »
I could picture Zara doing that! She is a trooper.  :Jen:

That's who came to mind for me, too - to (too?) bad she doesn't do engagements!! :D
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    62%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 02:59:58 AM »

perhaps they are more concnered with doing something than looking well dressed?

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 03:07:53 AM »

I wonder if the beard is an attempt to camouflage it? I've noticed that HGD Guillaume appears to have some skin issues as well and I wonder if the beard is there to hide them.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 03:10:43 AM »

perhaps they are more concnered with doing something than looking well dressed?

William didn't come looking as if he were there to work. He dressed as an observer doing a photo-op. He should have at least dressed appropriately for the engagement.

I guess he didn't think he would have to since he was piggybacking onto Harry's engagement in the first place.

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    62%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 03:19:22 AM »

I wonder if the beard is an attempt to camouflage it? I've noticed that HGD Guillaume appears to have some skin issues as well and I wonder if the beard is there to hide them.
I doubt it, He probably grew the beard in Africa, because it was hot and tiresome to shsave. I  think he just has naturally rosy cheeks, always has.. I don't see any skin problems as such.

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites