Sentebale

Started by Hale, October 16, 2010, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Harry doesn't have to physically be in Africa in order to be "hands-on" with Sentebale. I think that people are saying that getting down there and mucking around in the mud is more important then raising hundreds of thousands of dollars by going out and doing charity polo matches or asking for donations or simply putting his name on it and getting the word out. IMO, that stuff, while it doesn't require him to be in Africa and doesn't give him "face time" with those people he is helping is just as, if not more important then visiting. I have to admit, I don't think that Harry accomplishes much by going down there himself, especially when it turns into the media circus that some members seem to think is either necessary (so he can "prove" to us that he was there), or helpful.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

I'm putting this in Harry's section because the reporting is mostly about him ( :)), and the video is of Harry.  Nice big pictures, and the video, of course!  You may have to wait a few seconds for the video to appear.

QuotePrince Harry yesterday hosted a charity polo tournament to raise money for African children - but it was brother Prince William who claimed the trophy.

The Duke of Cambridge and his little brother lined up on opposing teams for the Sentebale Polo Cup, which was played in pouring rain and strong winds at Coworth Park near Ascot, Berkshire.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/06/13/prince-william-and-prince-harry-play-charity-polo-match-pictures-and-video-115875-23198713/#ixzz1P9hvcqjn

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Hale

Thanks for sharing Cinrit.  Doesn't my baby sound great????  :yesss: :yesss:

MissComplexSimplicity

Quote from: Hale on June 13, 2011, 12:22:27 PM
Thanks for sharing Cinrit.  Doesn't my baby sound great????  :yesss: :yesss:
:postcount:
"Granny I've got to go, send my love to the corgis...I've got to go, bye. God save you, yeah, that's great ..."

MissComplexSimplicity

"Granny I've got to go, send my love to the corgis...I've got to go, bye. God save you, yeah, that's great ..."

megaroozle

^^^Haaaha haaahahaha....was trying to figure out what the heck you where talking about and then I clicked...hehehehehehe

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

megaroozle

:laugh10: :lmao3: :teehee:

RoyalB

^ Steady on, guys.  Let's not get tooo excited ! ...

Harry's looking and sounding great.  Couldn't have been too much fun in all that rain!

chavita

^That's what I was going to say :)
Harryite #0009

pinkpearls

Here's a cute video of the Sentebale polo cup.. not sure if it has been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rylsb9ihTSE

pinkpearls

Acutely aware of the difficulties that his charity for African orphans has encountered in the past, Prince Harry has made two significant appointments.

Mandrake can disclose that the 26-year-old Prince has recruited a former boss of the computer giant IBM to join the board of Sentebale, along with a respected top accountant. "It is always beneficial to get new minds on board," Harry's spokesman tells me.

Larry Hirst, who was appointed as a business adviser to the then prime minister Gordon Brown after he retired as chairman of IBM, will join Nigel Cox, a former audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers, on the board of the charity, which the Prince established in 2006.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8713226/Prince-Harry-brings-new-minds-into-his-charity-for-African-orphans.html

RoyalB

Hope this is good news for the charity and that these new appointments enable Sentebale to go from strength to strength.

OceanSoul

:nod: Wonder if he's planning a trip to Africa anytime soon or doing something for the East Africa famine refugees?! i think this is the perfect timing to visit Africa, Kenya would be a perfect place.

"Party prince" or "caring prince"?
"I am both of them, and if that's a problem with anybody, then I'm very sorry."

Harryite #138 (#12-007)

Louisiana Lady

Quote from: MissComplexSimplicity on June 13, 2011, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: cinrit on June 13, 2011, 11:45:43 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/06/13/prince-william-and-prince-harry-play-charity-polo-match-pictures-and-video-115875-23198713/#ixzz1P9hvcqjn
that last pic of Harry...I spy with my little eye, something beginning with B  :huh2:
Quote from: WOW on August 07, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
Unless she had a baby with Harry :unsure:
.....I am Soooooooooo confused ?????......What picture or other media is referenced to a baby??????..........

fleur

^^I think they are talking about his bulge.

pinkpearls

His bulge & there was a joke about Hale having harry's baby.

Louisiana Lady

....Ok I get it now !!!..............Whew I thought I had missed something B-I-G......in reference to the baby thing !!!!!......and for the bulge thing I better not comment..........LOL...... :girlblush:.....

Jenee

I just found out that Sentebale has their own YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/SentebaleCharity
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Tami

^Thanks for posting the youtube link!

Windsor

Indeed, many thanks!  :D

DayDream

" Prince Harry visits Oxfam to replace contentious charity boss: Prince Harry leads a shake-up of his charity for African orphans which sees his chief executive replaced by the Number Two at Oxfam. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9015154/Prince-Harry-visits-Oxfam-to-replace-contentious-charity-boss.html

wannable

Sentebale seems to be ill-fated with a yearly 'problem'. 

Contentious charity boss...I'm curious to the cause of disagreement, argument, quarrels and/or disputes.

I have heard that charity doesn't go hand-in-hand with The Apache.

fleur

I agree , there is always something off in that organisation ,but what do you mean by doesn't go hand in hand?Do you mean Harry doesn't care or as in his training doesn't allow him to be more involved??