Sentebale

Started by Hale, October 16, 2010, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

Every organization has it's problems its only that Harry's are reported ...other than that  it seems the people in charge when the boss is away aren't exactly the people he should have trusted running things so good for him replacing them hope it all works out for the best.

Hale

With respect, we don't know if there are any problems with Sentebale.  Kedge Martin, for all we know could have been made a better offer.  Prior to joining Sentebale she worked for Well Child for 9 years which as you know Harry is a patron of.  Her association with Sentebale,  Harry's personal charity could have made her name in her field.  Royal associations have a way of attracting attention.

wannable

In my view, his demise with Sentebale comes weeks after the financial report published by The Telegraph (there is a thread about that around November 2011), which somewhat said that they had only profited around GBP 1.5 during 2011, GBP 1 million was used for charity, the remaining for salary and operational expenses -- that would be in charity world "bad results". One shouldn't spend for salaries and operational expenses out of the total income in charity more than 10%. 

Hale

:thanks:  for that wannable.  As you know I've been off the forum for awhile.   

wannable

Kate

I'm impressed that there will be a polo match in Brazil , proceedings going to Sentebale. This is one charity that Prince Harry will be part of all his life, IMV...Looking forward to it!

Blue Clover

I love this charity! This is wonderful news.

RoyalB

^ Echoed, Blue Clover.

Hale

I recall reading that Harry was besotted by Sentebale.  It's not easy starting a charity from scratch and for this reason I'm at times disapointed by the press coverage it receives.

fleur

In the end they have got themselves to blame by hiring the wrong people and letting costs go up.They need to start running more efficiently and hiring people who don't charge as much.

Nitefeatherz

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. - Eleanor Roosevelt

WOW

The link doesn't work.

wannable

QuoteFebruary 01, 2012 09:05 AM Eastern Time
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Champions Polo in Brazil with St. Regis Connoisseur Nacho Figueras & Prince Harry

St. Regis Continues Its Commitment to Polo around the World with The Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup in Sao Paolo, Brazil this March

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) announces today that the St. Regis brand will expand its partnership with Sentebale, by joining the charitable polo match played in Brazil for the first time this March. The Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup aims to raise support for the improved healthcare and education of the children of Lesotho, and will have HRH Prince Harry, playing for the Sentebale team, against St. Regis Connoisseur Nacho Figueras, who will captain the St. Regis team.

"As an ambassador for Sentebale and St. Regis, I am looking forward to playing polo against Prince Harry in Brazil to help raise funds or this very worthy cause."
"As our global portfolio grows, so does the global nature of our guests. Particularly a new generation of affluent Brazilians, who are increasingly staying with the St. Regis brand around the world, so we are thrilled to have the opportunity to host an exciting day of polo on their own turf, with Sentebale," says Paul James, Global Brand Leader, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. "With the World Cup and the Olympics on the horizon, this is an electric time to be in Brazil and we are looking forward to an exhilarating polo match, which is sure to raise awareness and funds for Prince Harry's charity."
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120201006084/en/St.-Regis-Hotels-Resorts-Champions-Polo-Brazil   

I think Nacho Figueras is hot, what a lovely guy.

QuotePrince Harry's first official visit to Brazil will include a match of international polo, with the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup on Sunday 11th of March, marking the finale of the Royal Tour.

Taking place in Campinhas, Sao Paulo State, the match will be a star-studded event both on and off the field with leading Argentine player Nacho Figueras heading up the St. Regis Team, rivaling the Sentebale Team which will include Prince Harry.
http://www.livingpolo.com/news/334070-sentebale-royal-salute-polo-cup/   

Hale

Yes Nacho is very attractive.  Thanks for the links Wannable.   :thumbsup:  Hope Harry does well, but above all hope they raise lots of cash for Sentebale.

wannable

You're welcome. Prince Harry will be finalizing today playing charity polo. Then he will be on a 3 day holiday, possibly in Pantanal.

wannable

First photos of Prince Harry in Sao Paolo, Sentebale charity polo
http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/status/178866426998829056/photo/1/large
^ It looks rather empty.

Nacho Figueras interviewed by Paul Harrison, Sky News.  He said politics of Argentina doesn't interfere with sport (polo), that a boy!
http://twitter.com/#!/julesskynews/status/178864446410731521/photo/1/large

Eri

^How can you tell it is empty?  :teehee: editI mean fact is up until now MILLIONS have come out for him just saying...

Lothwen

Wannabe, he doesn't look like he's ready to play polo in that first pic, so maybe this was before the crowds got there?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

wannable

The initial photo has no public in the background, despite the kick-off/arrival of HRH Prince Henry to the polo field, part of the event. (One arrives in style when the public is already there waiting for him/the game. Subsequent photos may possibly tell otherwise, i.e. if the public are in some stands :)

Thain

wannable

wannable

The polo match started, you can view the Sentebale official Facebook page, they are up-dating or follow the royal correspondents (through twitter) touring with him; Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal, Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail, Simon Perry @ SPerryPeopleMag

wannable

Too late to edit and add:  The Sentebale team won over the St. Regis team   http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=236436416453362&set=a.236336449796692.51234.121783024585369&type=3&theater

^ Trophy.

Whisky Royal Salute was the biggest benefactor of this Sentebale charity polo.

Eri

wannable

QuoteHaving won over Brazil, now Harry's charity sees record gains of £2.1m to complete remarkable turnaround

Three years ago its future seemed uncertain, but just as Prince Harry has blossomed so, too, has the cause that he set up in memory of his mother.
Fresh from the triumph of his trip to the Caribbean and Brazil, the Prince has returned to learn that his personal charity Sentebale has recorded its best ever set of financial figures.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114189/Prince-Harrys-charity-Sentebale-sees-record-gains-2-1m.html#ixzz1p2rcWHxE 

Good for him, the staff of Sentebale  :thumbsup: