Prince Harry and his Proud Ancestors

Started by Stix Chix, May 20, 2008, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwatkins

I suppose most of the inaccuracies are because it is a translation.

WANDA

Prince Harry is so cute  :  :blowkiss:     :armyhairy:
Harry for King :  :Royal:

drezzle

From the link starting this thread I became interested in the mysterious death of the Duke of Kent -- George VI's younger brother -- during WWII.

After he was killed, his widow Marina failed to file for war widow pension benefits, even though she had become poor and even had to sell off family treasures to survive.  I guess the royal family didn't give her much help.  This seems strange, especially since she was still quite young when her husband was killed, having given birth to their youngest son, Prince Michael of Kent, only 6 weeks before.

I also thought it strange that during WWII,  only one stray bomb hit Buckingham palace, one of the biggest targets in London.   Hitler wanted to keep our royal family safe?   Blunt would insist that the mysterious death in 1941 of the king's brother, the Duke of Kent, was a murder on Churchill's orders, as he was trying to make peace. Blunt was unusually angry over this murder.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Miss Scarlett

^oh wow, where did you hear all that?

drezzle

Do a google on -- "duke of kent" mysterious death --

The part about his widow Marina, I read somewhere -- can't remember where now, but it was in a lot of detail.   Queen Mary help some and so did George VI, but it seemed like very little, and not enough.  Then again, Marina may have been too proud to accept much help from anywhere. 
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.