Harry to head to Argentina for Polo

Started by pixie, November 02, 2003, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixie

We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

pixie

I really don't think Harry's image could stand anymore playboy-ifying.

I watching the O'Reilly Factor a few days ago, and he had a segment on the Princess Di thing.  And the person being interviewed was like "Oh, William's wonderful, he'll be good for England, and a great king, blah blah blah" and the Bill kept asking about Harry and the guys was like "well, he's got a bit of reputation" or something along those lines.  I really think Har can't go to Argentina if he wants to get rid of the reputation.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

pixie

Here's just an itsy bit of the relevent part (in case you guys want to chat about it).  I got the full thing off of lexisnexis, and if anyone wants to see it they can PM me.  There's no non-paying link I know of and, for obvious reasons, I can't post any more than a short exchange.

QuoteLEWIS: He's very poised. He's inherited the best qualities of both his mom and dad. He's got his mom's affability. He's very relaxed in his skin, and his father -- he's got a -- his father has certain qualities, too.
And William's got a sense of purpose. His younger brother is a little bit irresponsible, but William knows that he's got a role in life. So he's a -- he's quite a smart chap.
O'REILLY: Do they like him in England?
LEWIS: Yes.
O'REILLY: Yes.
LEWIS: Oh, he's treated like a pop star. I mean he's -- he's...
O'REILLY: The girls love him and -- and Harry, too. The younger one, too.
LEWIS: He's considered a little bit more of a cheeky guy.
-Zoe Williams

PrincessPreppy

Harryite #0035

pixie

I do.  I think he's a disgusting liar and I hate how he invites people on his show to talk and then cuts them off.

However, the O'Reilly Factor is the most watched show on cable news.  It's important to know what other people are seeing.  My history teacher likes to say that you're not  truly seeing the left unless you're also seeing the right, so I try and check out how both sides approach each issue. . . . I read Ann Coulter, too.  Doesn't mean I agree with her (ever at all in the least bit), but it's important to know what the opposition says and thinks.  I mean, how would I know that I think what she says is wrong if I never looked at it in the first place?

Same thing with O'Reilly.  (And I do actually find myself agreeing with him occasionaly on an issue.  I'm not a pure leftie, although that is the way I tend to lean.)  I've got to hear what he's saying to make an informed judgement.  
-Zoe Williams

stewie_griffin

QuoteI do.  I think he's a disgusting liar and I hate how he invites people on his show to talk and then cuts them off.

However, the O'Reilly Factor is the most watched show on cable news.  It's important to know what other people are seeing.  My history teacher likes to say that you're not  truly seeing the left unless you're also seeing the right, so I try and check out how both sides approach each issue. . . . I read Ann Coulter, too.  Doesn't mean I agree with her (ever at all in the least bit), but it's important to know what the opposition says and thinks.  I mean, how would I know that I think what she says is wrong if I never looked at it in the first place?

Same thing with O'Reilly.  (And I do actually find myself agreeing with him occasionaly on an issue.  I'm not a pure leftie, although that is the way I tend to lean.)  I've got to hear what he's saying to make an informed judgement.
BILL O'REILLY IS MY GOD! nah, not really. i agree with what you said. he can be a jerk but he knows his stuff. and he says that he isn't a republican. i know, he IS but he says that he's an 'independent who only wants what's best for the country.' when i registered to vote a few weeks ago, i registered as a democrat but honestly, i am the most conservative liberal you'll ever meet. i'm a fence sitter on lots of issues, save poverty-related issues like we've already discussed.  :) btw, my fav democrat is molly ivans. have you heard of her book, 'bushwhacked: life in bush's america'? i haven't read it yet, but it sounds good.    
Peter: "Joe, that talk is un-American. Did George W. Bush quit after he lost the popular vote? No! Did he quit after he lost thousands of dollars of his father's friends' money in failed oil companies? No! Did he quit after he knocked that woman up? No! Did he quit after getting that DUI? No! Did he

FtLouie34

Quote...I'm not a pure leftie...
hehe I'll make u a pure blood righterdighter....my word, bak off.

LadyLove

i'm a right-winger. and i LOVE bill! (hate ann coulter....) BUT LOVE BILL! :D

AND harry! who cares what THAT guy said???

willwindsor62182

i would like to visit argentina someday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom?

princesscharmingolas

Quotei would like to visit argentina someday
hey me too...

my friend used to live there and then she moved here.
Charmee.[/font]

willwindsor62182

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom?

fernangatto

man, i have family in argentina, im going this summer, why couldn't he have waited!