Duchess of Cornwall, favorite daughter-in-law of Queen Elizabeth II

Started by FanDianaFancy, April 19, 2014, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

So says the Daily Mail.
New article.
Google it  yourself.

Who knows what  is  true  or  not.
I  believe  that in private  , Elizabeth  the Queen is  just  a  regular   ole English  Mother. She wants her  children  to be  good  to people, happy, well,  kind, successful, etc.

Same  for her grandchildren.

Cammilla The Rotweiller  has always  been there in PC  's life and makes him happy.

Diana  tried to be in his  life and tried to make him happy.

What  all has happened  and time does not erase FACTS!!!

DIANA  is  STILL mother to  W and H.
TPTB , the  media  fans of  PC and C,etc.  wil continue  to put stories out  like this.

I am waiting for the one to  say, well,  >(Diana died  when the  princes  were  very young  little boys  and  Camilla with PC  raised  them to be the men there are. :mad7:

YOU KNOW that  story  is  coming.

I think QEII  has  agood  realtionship with  Sophie because  Sophie  came with no baggage, works hard.

QEII has  to be  with Camilla for  BRF things as  Camilla is  Queen  Next.

( Formally Queen Consort, whatever. Common name, QUEEN.)

sandy

I read the article it sure does make Charles look like a child-man who gets jealous of his son and daughter in law's popularity. And Camilla has to "soothe" him. If this is true, very pathetic. I think the Queen is not lovey dovey with Camilla and made the best of a bad situation. There are many negative comments in the DM about this article.

sara8150

When Diana married to Prince Charles in 1981-1996 and split in 1992 for four years no divorce and HM queen order divorce in tabloids and Diana strips titles as HRH because she no longer member royal family and when Diana passed away in 1997 world is so shocking William and Harry hard to lose on their mom and brave without mom for 17 years Londoners wanted to remind Diana very much..When Diana married Charles and he see Camilla lots and Diana insulted Camilla called Rottweiler and mores in tabloids but Charles admit he slept Camilla lots during Waleses marriages years and Diana is unacceptables! Charles told interview in 1994 he did affair with Camilla and mores they Diana's turn interview she admit affair with men include James Hewitt plus her bulimia,etc HM queen says enough on interview reviews! On Charles and Diana's

HM queen don't mind who favorite in laws but Sophie is because Sophie do obey queen before she married Edward in 1999 than Diana,princess of Wales and Sarah,duchess of York who don't obey queen must respect the monarchy..

Trudie

My take on this article is The Queen is slowly starting to introduce the inevitable by allowing Camilla to be included in prayers as she knows this will be a reality once she is gone and Charles is King. IMO HM is smoothing the way for an easy transition of reigns not that she favors Camilla since it is usually Sophie who accompanies the Queen by car at Christmas not Camilla with this year being the exception since Zara was heavily pregnant. This whole article used sycophancy Camilla doesn't court the limelight who are they kidding and her soothing Charles out of his moods especially as William,Kate and George are more popular that I can believe however HM is probably relieved she doesn't have to hear Charles whining all the time.

Limabeany

Is there an article? I read references to an article...  :coy:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

^^ I tried googling the article and couldn't find anything.  I'm sure it must exist, I just wish there had been a link included.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ Here you go Camilla's the only one who stops Prince Charles sulking | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 12:13:21 AM

Its Richard Kay so reader is warned lol

sandy

Quote from: sara8150 on April 19, 2014, 09:18:21 PM
When Diana married to Prince Charles in 1981-1996 and split in 1992 for four years no divorce and HM queen order divorce in tabloids and Diana strips titles as HRH because she no longer member royal family and when Diana passed away in 1997 world is so shocking William and Harry hard to lose on their mom and brave without mom for 17 years Londoners wanted to remind Diana very much..When Diana married Charles and he see Camilla lots and Diana insulted Camilla called Rottweiler and mores in tabloids but Charles admit he slept Camilla lots during Waleses marriages years and Diana is unacceptables! Charles told interview in 1994 he did affair with Camilla and mores they Diana's turn interview she admit affair with men include James Hewitt plus her bulimia,etc HM queen says enough on interview reviews! On Charles and Diana's

HM queen don't mind who favorite in laws but Sophie is because Sophie do obey queen before she married Edward in 1999 than Diana,princess of Wales and Sarah,duchess of York who don't obey queen must respect the monarchy..

Diana admitted no affair with "men" but with one man James Hewitt.

Camilla in a letter that came into the public domain called Diana "that ridiculous creature" and her then husband Andrew a stuffed stoat.

Sarah spent a lot of money and went into debt and had the embarrassing photos of herself with other men during the marriage.

Sophie did not have a Camilla in her life. Different from Diana.

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 12:48:19 AM

Quote from: Trudie on April 19, 2014, 10:43:43 PM
My take on this article is The Queen is slowly starting to introduce the inevitable by allowing Camilla to be included in prayers as she knows this will be a reality once she is gone and Charles is King. IMO HM is smoothing the way for an easy transition of reigns not that she favors Camilla since it is usually Sophie who accompanies the Queen by car at Christmas not Camilla with this year being the exception since Zara was heavily pregnant. This whole article used sycophancy Camilla doesn't court the limelight who are they kidding and her soothing Charles out of his moods especially as William,Kate and George are more popular that I can believe however HM is probably relieved she doesn't have to hear Charles whining all the time.

Camilla has another residence Raymill where she can escape listening to the whingeing.  The tired old spin that Camilla didn't want anything is ridiculous. If she didn't want anything she would not have made herself available to Charles as his mistress and later would have turned down his proposal. I think she was going for the gold and wanted all that Diana had. She does not look unhappy grinning for cameras wearing expensive jewels and tiaras. She appears to revel in the attention and grins for the cameras.

Trudie

^As I said Sandy Camilla doesn't court the limelight who are they kidding.

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 20, 2014, 12:12:25 AM
^^^ Here you go Camilla's the only one who stops Prince Charles sulking | Mail Online

:thanks: PoP, is he angling for a knighthood?  :nod:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Eri

WOW !!! Richard really got out of the wrong side of the bed why so nasty about everyone?

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 19, 2014, 06:18:19 PM
So says the Daily Mail.
New article.
Google it  yourself.

There si no such person as Camilla Parker Bowels,  and in any case Camila has been Duchess of Cornwall for several years....

Trudie

Really amabel  was Charles mistress/now wife Camilla Rosemary Shand Parker Bowles a figment of the imagination or a nightmare everyone who loves Diana has woken up from to find out she never existed and Diana is alive, well and still the Princess of Wales. :Lothwen:

cinrit

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 20, 2014, 12:12:25 AM

Thanks, Princess. :flower:

Cindy

amabel

Quote from: Trudie on April 20, 2014, 11:05:24 AM
Really amabel  was Charles mistress/now wife Camilla Rosemary Shand Parker Bowles a figment of the imagination or a nightmare everyone who loves Diana has woken up from to find out she never existed and Diana is alive, well and still the Princess of Wales. :Lothwen:
No idea what you mean. Camilas been C's wife for 9 years now so I can't see why people go round calling her by her former husband's name.  I'm sure if Di had remarried and people were still calling her Diana P of wales or "Di Spencer" you would think it was rude...

DaFluffs

re:  "called by her former husband's name".....

Camilla isn't the only one the press keeps calling by a former surname....  They do it to Kate too....

When I see this in articles it gives me the sense that the author of the articles (whomever it may be) hasn't accepted Camilla/Kate into the BRF.  They don't seem to do it to Sophie - she's always referred to as Countess Wessex.  or am I wrong?

Windsor

[admin]Title of the topic has been edited to ensure accuracy. [/admin]

cinrit

Quote from: DaFluffs on April 20, 2014, 02:35:59 PM

Camilla isn't the only one the press keeps calling by a former surname....  They do it to Kate too....

When I see this in articles it gives me the sense that the author of the articles (whomever it may be) hasn't accepted Camilla/Kate into the BRF.  They don't seem to do it to Sophie - she's always referred to as Countess Wessex.  or am I wrong? 

You're probably right, DaFluffs.  It might be a little bit, too, that we knew Camilla and Kate by their previous names for so long before they married into the Royal Family.  I don't think we really knew much about Sophie before she married Edward.  She wasn't in the news very often. 

Cindy

sandy

Would not it  be more correct to say alleged favorite daughter in law since the Queen never confirmed or denied who her "favorite is." She never made any such comments--this is all speculation.

Eri

I am sure Liz loves her family equally but given that the future of the Monarchy are Chuck and his family NOT Sophie the focus is on them no mater how unfair and hurtful it might seem it's the cold hard truth ... for example we will never see her make visits with Sophie like she did with Kate a couple of times or give Sophie's Charities the same support Walking with the Wounded got by her and Phil it is what it is ...

sandy

I think the Queen is able to separate her outlook on the future of the monarchy from "family feelings."  She probably dotes on her three great granddaughters as much as George but George gets more attention in the media because he is a future King. Since there is more media interest in Kate, Will and other senior royals, probably the Queen's visits with  royals not as far up in the pecking order are not covered as much or at all. The Queen Mum doted on her Bowes Lyon relatives and had frequent visits for instance but these visits were not covered as much as those encounters with the Charles, WIlliam, Harry, etc

amabel

Yes and its rude about Kate as well...

Limabeany

I know this is an unpopular opinion... My very personal though unpopular opinion, I know why people find it rude, but I don't find it rude and I find it disquieting that women feel insulted by people using their maiden names, which is the name of the human being, the woman who is married, regardless of where life takes her or who she marries... I understand wanting to have his last name, fine, but to feel insulted? It feels like women have been waiting for the chance to be reborn into someone else, a married woman, and no longer want to be the person they were before. It is not so much about feminism to me as much as it is about identity, the identity of a human being who is someone on her own right, not "was" because she married, but is part of a larger family, as she has been her entire life before and throughout her marriage, regardless of their desire to wipe the slate clean of who they were before and start again with a new name. Marriage, to me, is not a witness protection program, but, another part of the cycle of life, your life, which includes your parents, your childhood, your school years, Uni years and your own self, the self which has a name, legally, that cannot be taken away through divorce or death, the one that doesn't depend upon your being married... I don't see why Kate or anyone else should be offended by people calling her by her maiden name. If a woman wants to take her husband's name, that is great, but to feel it is wrong for people to use her maiden name... Kate married up, yes, that doesn't make her name, by birth, regardless of how many titles and names she has, offensive. Just my very personal humble opinion, of course...  :flower:

TLLK

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on April 20, 2014, 04:35:56 PM

Countess Wessex.  or am I wrong? 

You're probably right, DaFluffs.  It might be a little bit, too, that we knew Camilla and Kate by their previous names for so long before they married into the Royal Family.  I don't think we really knew much about Sophie before she married Edward.  She wasn't in the news very often. 

Cindy
in a way it was a bit like that with Sarah Duchess of York.  She was nicknamed Fergie by the press during her courtship of Andy, and it stuck.  Sophie RJ was not that well known because she and Ed were always low level, and so when she married it was usually Sophie in the press or the Countess of Wessex. But while a nickname is one thing, if a bit impolite, I don't think that its the same as referring to a woman who's married by her former husband's name, when she's had a differnet title for many years...