Duchess of Cambridge - @ Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards

Started by Canuck, October 21, 2014, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Adams

I have to say, she looks great. I love the dress, color-- and especially her shoes (last time we saw them was at the Baftas I believe).

She looks healthy and glowing. Maybe a rotation of regular engagements does her body good! ;)

Edited to add: The only change I'd like to see is a bit of lining at the top-- I hate seeing cleavage.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

Thanks, Canuck.  Can't say I like the dress, but Kate looks great.  Glad she was able to make it to the event. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Canuck

This isn't my favourite dress of hers, but it's a beautiful colour and I do love the shoes (Lady Adams, I think these were from the ARK gala, not the BAFTAs, but I could be wrong about that).

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

v_voom

Not a fan of the dress or the colour. 2 engagements on one day? I hear Mustique calling.

Who also want to bet that we see a headline in the Daily Whine regarding the correlation between the colour of Kate's dress and the sex of the baby?
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

Lady Adams

^^ @v_voom I think you're right about the color-- but she did accessorize with baby pink!  ;)

v_voom

Now I am confused! Will it be a boy or a girl? I guess I'll find out tomorrow from Daily Whine.  :wink:
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

Macrobug

Next event will be in pink.  Given rise to twin theories.  And when she wears an outfit in multiple colour then the triplet stories will start.  By April she will be have so many babies growing she will be able to start her own rugby team.

Got to love social media   :teehee:
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

IMO it is very rude of her to wear blue and pink. She should stick to yellow, green or orange until the baby is born. This is just going to create more theorists to the baby's gender.  As someone who is currently camped out in front of the hospital this is going to bring more poachers to my patch of pavement. I'm not at all happy. :blahblahblah:

SophieChloe

A "sick" pregnant woman will her leg hanging out of the dress.  She is so Demure..... :Lothwen:

If engagements do not significantly pick up after this outing...this it is defo Mustique time. 

I also believe she wears these colours to make some get all excited.  Each to their own. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Canuck

Here are the winning photographs:  Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2014 - Telegraph

The overall winner, the lions on the rock, is just GORGEOUS.  Well deserved prize.

As for Kate's outfit, I guess it's only fair that she not be able to wear any blue or pink for the duration of her pregnancy, even when (as now) it's too early for her to know the sex of the baby, because it's clearly her fault that the DM writes stupid articles about her. 

Lady Adams

^^ @Canuck, I don't think any of us who referenced the colors of her outfit were at all implying it was "her fault" that media outlets pay attention to her clothes-- I do think she coyly referenced her pregnancy with wearing both baby pink and baby blue colors tonight, in the same way she wore blue when she left the hospital with George.  :shrug:

Macrobug

I like this years winning photo better than last years.  Glad she was able to make it to both events.  But she should stick to Pucci prints for the rest of the pregnancy.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Canuck

Lady Adams, I didn't mean to suggest that everyone was saying that.  I probably should have quoted the part of SophieChloe's post I was responding to, where she said that she thought Kate wore those colours to make people excited about the baby's possible gender.

Lady Adams

^^ @Canuck, I guess-- following your logic-- I agree with @SophieChloe and think Kate is savvy enough to know that if she wears solely light blue or light pink people will speculate. I think her wearing both colors is a nod to her pregnancy.

If that's blaming her... then I don't know what to say.

Canuck

Perhaps I read too much into the comment, Lady Adams, based on some of the other posts being made today.  I'm happy to retract that post of mine.

Lady Adams

^ @Canuck I give you this emoticon as an acceptance of your retraction:
:truce:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on October 21, 2014, 09:21:16 PM
I like this years winning photo better than last years.  Glad she was able to make it to both events.  But she should stick to Pucci prints for the rest of the pregnancy.
Didn't see last year's so I should look for it.

Double post auto-merged: October 21, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

Quote from: Canuck on October 21, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
Here are the winning photographs:  Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2014 - Telegraph

The overall winner, the lions on the rock, is just GORGEOUS.  Well deserved prize.

As for Kate's outfit, I guess it's only fair that she not be able to wear any blue or pink for the duration of her pregnancy, even when (as now) it's too early for her to know the sex of the baby, because it's clearly her fault that the DM writes stupid articles about her. 
Thank you for the link. My favorite is the frog popping out of the surface of the water, but a close second was the lions on the rock.

Canuck

Quote from: Lady Adams on October 21, 2014, 09:42:17 PM
^ @Canuck I give you this emoticon as an acceptance of your retraction:
:truce:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:girlblush:  :blowkiss:

cinrit

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards

The Duchess of Cambridge made her second appearance of the day at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year, today is the first time Kate has been seen since announcing her second pregnancy.

Despite still suffering from the effects of a rare form of morning sickness, the pregnant Duchess greeted photographers at the Natural History Museum.

For the evening event she had changed from her earlier formal outfit by Alexander McQueen into a glamorous gown by Jenny Packham. 

Kate is a keen photographer and patron of the Natural History Museum, which is hosting the event it co-owns with BBC Worldwide.

More: Duchess of Cambridge at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards - ITV News

Cindy

cate1949

I really dislike the dress - do not think it especially is flattering - too fussy and you know the Kate haters will go nuts that she exposed thigh

But she looks happy and healthy and I'm glad she was able to make this event - she does seem to have an especial interest in this

The winning pic of the lions is great but I loved the hummingbird

cinrit

I liked the hummingbirds best, too.  It made me think of the hummingbird wars in my back yard. :o

Cindy

wannable

Lovely Kate, she will steal the headlines tomorrow morning if not already tonight. She's got attractive legs, plus I think she's overall good looking, photogenic.

Love those sandals with a bow.

Is there any videos? she delivered awards and because of her HG, I suppose she can't hold down most foods, she retired when dinner. Richard Palmer express article.

Canuck

Thanks for the tip, wannable, I was wondering whether she'd be able to eat a banquet dinner (or even just be surrounded by food) without getting queasy. 

Here's the article, for anyone who's interested:  Kate Middleton in Jenny Packham at Natural History Museum awards | Royal | News | Daily Express