The Wales' Children's birthdays-All Years

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 30, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Quote from: wannable on July 21, 2014, 11:12:45 AM
So the Express, by Camilla Tominey is trashing the DM birthday party by Carole and calls the staff gifts a fantasy.

She's is a majority favored writer by the anti William and Kate.
Well, any writer that calls Kate hardworking is a majority favored writer for the pro William and Kate. I would have to read more of what she has written to see if it is unreasonable or over the top or if it makes the pro Kate and Williams upset because she calls William and Kate out. 
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Sky NEWS HD

One Is One: Prince George's First Birthday

QuoteWilliam and Kate have released two new family photographs to mark Prince George's first birthday and have thanked everyone in the past year for their "warm and generous wishes".

Taken in recent weeks at the Natural History Museum's Sensational Butterflies exhibition, the photos show the one-year-old reaching out, seemingly mesmerised by the butterflies around him.

In the second of two portraits, the third-in-line to the throne is reaching out to touch a butterfly which had landed on his father's hand.

And like most mums, the Duchess of Cambridge seems completely at ease with a large patch of dribble her son had deposited on her shoulder.

On Saturday, Kensington Palace released a third photo from the Cambridge family outing to the museum, for whom the Duchess is Patron.

It showed the future king walking unaided in a pair of blue dungarees.
More: One Is One: Prince George's First Birthday

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse

Watching the butterflies flutter by... As promised, two more pictures of Prince George #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge   Twitter / ClarenceHouse: Watching the butterflies flutter ...

QuoteHe's such a little ruffian, according to his parents, that it's a wonder the butterfly escaped unscathed.

In one of two new photographs issued to mark his first birthday today, Prince George can be seen pointing and gazing intently at the delicate creature which has landed on his father's hand.

His mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, cuddles her young son proudly – keeping a firm grip around his waist, just in case the inquisitive youngster should make a grab for it.
More: How a year has fluttered by: Prince George's meeting with a butterfly captured in new pictures released to mark him turning one | Mail Online

SophieChloe

What's with the "embargo" nonsense?  Talk about bigging up his part! 

Double post auto-merged: July 21, 2014, 10:28:13 PM

Erasing the funds his beyond lazy parents are spending, perhaps?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHE has only just learned to walk but on his first birthday Prince George is already changing the way people in Britain view their monarchy.

As new photographs are published tonight to mark the toddler turning one, the boy who will one day be King has been credited with winning new support for the Royal Family from some who have previously held a negative view of the institution.

Around a quarter of all Britons - 24 per cent - say they now have a more positive view of the Royal Family because of him, with only two per cent saying they are more negative, according to a survey by Viewsbank.

The weighted online survey of 1,025 adults carried out this month suggested that across the country some 2.1 million people who previously had a negative image of the royals now claim to have a positive one as a result of the new third in line to the throne.

Among the converts are a younger generation, with 30 per cent of those aged 18 to 24 year saying they felt more positive about the monarchy and 31 per cent of 25 to 34 year olds, compared to only 20 per cent of those aged over 65.
More: Prince George birthday: New royal photos released | Royal | News | Daily Express

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

QuoteRoyals Release New Prince George Photos for First Birthday

By George, how he's grown!

Britain's royal family released two more new official photos of Prince George -- who is now walking -- on Monday, a day ahead of his first birthday.

In one of the photos, taken July 2 at the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at London's Natural History Museum, George -- born July 22, 2013 -- is seen with his parents, Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, sitting on his mother's lap and marveling at a butterfly perched on his father's finger. In the other, he's held by Kate and appears to be fascinated by another of the insects fluttering by.

And how are the royals celebrating George's birthday? The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be marking the day with family and friends at their Kensington Palace home on Tuesday. Queen Elizabeth II is reportedly expected to attend the celebrations for her great-grandson, as will Prince Harry and the Middleton family. Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, won't be in attendance as they are in Scotland for their annual summer visit.

More: Royals release new Prince George photos for first birthday - CBS News

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote(CNN) -- Prince George isn't your average one year old. He started walking before he was one. Oh, and, he's going to be king -- of 16 countries. I had to remind myself occasionally of that latter fact as I stood outside the hospital in London where the he was born... for a week before he was born.

It went against my journalistic instinct to report on a story that hadn't happened yet but if I didn't appear regularly on air, giving an update about what hadn't happened, then the assumption was that it had and rumours would start which I would have to come back on air to refute. If you can't beat them, join them.

When "the royal baby" did emerge, there was a collective sense of relief and excitement among the assembled media. He was already one of the biggest stars in the world and we didn't even know his name.
More: Prince George at one: Profile and protection - CNN.com

Limabeany

Quote from: SophieChloe on July 21, 2014, 10:36:18 PM
What a load of Guff.
O agree, it's a baby no one ever sees, not the savior!
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

The new pictures are really lovely.  George looks very happy watching the butterflies, and W&K look thrilled as well.  I think the decision to take the pictures at one of Kate's patronages was a really great one -- good publicity for the Natural History Museum and a nice idea to begin sharing Kate's patronages with George at a very early age.

Curryong

George is quite cute! He looks, however, as if he might have Pippa's rather flat, plate-like shaped face with his father's nose, when he's older. Funnily enough, in the third photo, (where the three are sitting down and the unfortunate butterfly is about to be grabbed by George) I saw a resemblance to Harry in William's face or expression for the first time! It's weird because the brothers don't look alike at all.

PrincessOfPeace

sara8150

Prince George pictures mark royal baby's first birthday
BBC News - Prince George pictures mark royal baby's first birthday

Lothwen

Quote from: SophieChloe on July 21, 2014, 10:36:18 PM
What a load of Guff. 

Agreed.

But if people are really that willing to drink the Kool-Aid, then I say they deserve to keep the monarchy, and continue to pay for William and Kate to have their two homes that have been remolded to death while  the two of them laze about while William decides what he wants to do when he grows up
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

sara8150

Prince George Is Fascinated by Butterflies in Official Photos to Mark His First Birthday
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20836554,00.html

Double post auto-merged: July 22, 2014, 05:16:51 AM

Prince George Marvels at Butterflies in Adorable New Birthday Photos With Prince William, Kate Middleton
Prince George Marvels at Butterflies in Sweet New Birthday Photos - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: July 22, 2014, 05:17:58 AM

New Photos for Prince George's First Birthday
New Photos for Prince George's First Birthday | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on July 21, 2014, 03:26:43 PM
Quote from: Lothwen on July 21, 2014, 05:18:24 AM
Gotcha :hug:

Macro, there was an article on the Daily Mail website that pointed out that most babies "aren't sure of themselves" with walking until they are 16 months old.  In my experiences, that's never been the case.

Most development tables have walking at 18 months.  After that there may be a concern.  Most kidlets coming in for their 1 year check are either walking, cruising or taking steps with their hands held.  I've seen 8 month olds standing (my eldest nephew was one of them.  But he didn't actually walk until a year).  I have seen kids that never crawl.  They just get up and go.  Others that don't even stand until almost two.  By 2 or 3 most are all caught up and onto the next set of milestones. 

Kids develop at their own pace.  And being able to do something early or late is usually no indicator of intellect or "level of superiority"
Please, please, please say something to your pediatrician if you notice that your child appears to be losing some developmental milestones after they've achieved them. Especially if it involves language development, eye contact, and social interaction. This could be indicators of an autism spectrum disorder. Early intervention can be provided to toddlers!

cinrit

QuoteQueen Is Expected to Attend Prince George's Birthday Party

The Queen is expected to attend Prince George's birthday party, while the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall are expected to be otherwise engaged.  Following the release of an official picture of Prince George to mark his first birthday, speculation has been growing about the details of his "private" birthday party.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge be throwing the party at their Kensington Palace apartment.  The Queen is expected to attend, though Clarence House have denied claims that she will be the "guest of honour".

Clarence House has also distanced itself from rumours that George's grandmother, Carole Middleton, hosted a rival Peter Rabbit-themed party on Friday at their home outside Bucklebury in Berkshire.

More: Queen is expected to attend Prince George's birthday party - Telegraph

QuotePrince George's First Birthday: Don't Send Gifts for the Future King

His parents have insisted they do not want Prince George to be showered with gifts on his first birthday on Tuesday, a plea that appears to be well justified given that insiders have said he has received 4,000 gifts since he was born.

In the past 12 months, the Prince has been given everything from an Aston Villa hat to a fattened bull. Some were sent to Kensington Palace as christening gifts from members of the public, others have been given to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during walkabouts, and yet more have been official gifts from overseas countries.

To date, presents have been sent from 48 countries, though not all of them could be put in the post. The chief minister of Australia's Northern Territory named a crocodile after the Prince, to whom it now officially belongs, and the Dudley Zoological Gardens in the West Midlands named three meerkats George, Alexander and Louis — the prince's middle names — after they were adopted on his behalf. In Kenya, the Samburu people donated a fattened black bull and a goat. The bull will be used to start a new "royal herd" in the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy.

More: Prince George's first birthday: don't send gifts for the future king - Telegraph

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

USA TODAY

QuoteIt's good to be a future king — as in Prince George of Cambridge, the toast of the world as he turns a year old on July 22.

The adorable and adored third-in-line to the British throne is even more a focus of obsessive interest today than he was when he arrived on Planet Mania last year, to be met by a cheering, roaring, sweating mob of media people and a delighted royal family
More: Prince George is king of the world on first birthday

QuoteOn this day last year, Prince George was welcomed into the world at the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in London and the adorable young Royal, who will almost definitely rule this country one day, has been charming us ever since.

The world has watched the young prince growing up, from his first public appearance the day after he was born, to his first royal tour when he eclipsed his parents and stole the hearts of royal fans in New Zealand and Australia.

As Prince George celebrates his first birthday today, FEMAIL takes a look back on a year in the life of the trendsetting young Royal.
More: As Prince George turns one FEMAIL takes a look at his first year in pictures | Mail Online

cinrit

From Twitter:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  26m
So Kate took Prince George to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace earlier. HM is still expected to be guest of honour at a KP tea party later

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  1h
Kate took George to see the Queen today, she drove him to Buckingham Palace

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse  3h
Thank you for your birthday wishes to Prince George on his 1st birthday so far... you can send them to us using #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge

From the Duke and Duchess of Cambridges website:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said on the occasion: "We would like to take this opportunity on George's first birthday to thank everyone over the last year, wherever we have met them, both at home and overseas, for their warm and generous good wishes to George and our family."

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George is already one of the most popular members of the Royal family because every parent can relate to him

QuoteBeing born into the Royal family guarantees many things: privilege, security and spectacular wealth to name just three. But in their first year, royal babies are more equal to their peers than they will be ever again, which perhaps explains the world's love affair with Prince George.

Palaces, limousines and bodyguards mean nothing to an infant. He craves only attention, stimulation and regular feeds, just like every other baby that has ever lived. His parents have to make the same day-to-day decisions as all mothers and fathers, from what kind of food he eats to the brand of nappies, car seats and prams he uses.

We may not have much in common with the Queen, but every parent can relate to Prince George, who celebrates his first birthday today. Anyone with children of a similar age will bow to the inevitable temptation to measure their own baby's development alongside the yardstick of the future king. And anyone who does so will probably have been left with slight feelings of inadequacy.
More: Prince George's birthday: why the world loves the one-year-old future king - Telegraph

cinrit

From Twitter:

British Royals ‏@britishroyals  9m
Arrivals to Prince George's birthday party at KP so far: Carole, Mike & James Middleton & godparents Emilia JP & Jamie LP

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  10m
James Middleton just arrived, driving a sports car. We couldn't see if the woman in front was his sister Pippa or girlfriend Donna.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  5m
Think that was George's former nanny, Jessie Webb, walking in there with a bit of a limp but we only saw the back of her.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter  4m
@IkonPictures There's a big crowd of members of the public here, as well as media covering a news event. ;-)

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail  42m
The Duchess of Cambridge did indeed take #princegeorge to Buckingham Palace this morning, but I think to see great-granddad Prince Philip.

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Crowds gathering outside KP

Julius Sowu ‏@KwameOh
Waiting for party guests to arrive (@ Kensington Palace w/ 3 others) Twitter / KwameOh: Waiting for party guests to ...

Double post auto-merged: July 22, 2014, 03:07:02 PM

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews

Queen just arrived at KP for George's bday party #princegeorgebirthday Twitter / byEmilyAndrews: Queen just arrived at KP for ...

cinrit

Update:

phil dampier ‏@phildampier  10m
Queen stayed at George's party for just under an hour. Now for the Commonwealth Games. Never a dull moment!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail  20m
The Queen left her great grandson, Prince George's,first birthday party after 50 minutes this afternoon.She stayed longer than I predicted!

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral  14m
Her Majesty stayed at Prince George's party for 50 minutes.

Cindy

missbliss

The Queen joins Prince Harry and Kate Middleton at Kensington Palace | Mail Online

So this was the party - and the big "Peter Rabbit" thing that Carole was supposed to be putting on was a fabrication of the overactive minds of the press apparently!  :lol:

TLLK

^^^Most of the time I just dismiss any story involving the Middletons. Hope that everyone enjoys the day.