Duchess of Cambridge - @ Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards

Started by Canuck, October 21, 2014, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

You say Gala and Kate suddenly feels better  :computer: ...

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

KaTerina Montague

She looks beautiful and Harry was right she has great legs. I'm not understanding th4 bottom of the dress, it looks good when the longer part is just in the back, but why does it seem to be fully around her legs at times.

TLLK

cinrit

Eri

I know I am virtually alone in this but I don't like the dress ... she always wears stuff a z-list  TV actress would wear at the Emmy's ... at nearly 33 and pregnant you would think she would be over the showing off how "hot" she is ... but that is the issue with Kate she treats her position as a way to act as a celebrity ...

PaulaB

No she is dressing like a woman, just because she is pregnant and I'll i would imagine that looking feminine would make her feel better.

wannable

@Eri  I like it, but you're not alone, some people don't like the in fashion double skirt cut. Quite expensive, hence what we see is famous people photographed, Amal over did this styled look in Venice. If you like fashion, check out different couture fashion shows look book, NY, London and Milan, it's the new thing.

I think by the RC tweets, they all liked it, gorgeous was the word used. She looks age appropriate and has the body and legs...too covered we'd have the she looks 50 complaint.

@cinrit thank you for the video, because of her HG condition and improving, she seems to be walking a bit slower and focusing sight at one point slowly to another, rather than her usual pace and little faster motion of head turns and acknowledgment to people passing or around her., plus the crazy flashing of cameras . I noticed the exhibit was in the dark, with lights only to highlight the awarding and contestant pictures.

I think she still gets nauseous.

TLLK

Look at that beaming smile from that young winner!!! :vday4:

Canuck

I don't particularly like the style of the dress.  But I don't have any problem with her wearing it, it's just not my cup of tea.

cinrit

Eri, I don't like the dress, either.  But even so, I think she looks nice in it. 

Cindy

KaTerina Montague

Oh really being 33 is too old to look sophisticated AND  sexy? My big black butt. She looks appropriate w/o looking skanky. And she may be pregnant but shes not showing, and some pregnant women like to look sexy as well.

wannable

On another note, I think the new clothes were part of the Malta wardrobe formal agenda; the checkered POW grey coat from for her arrival and saluting, the baby blue for dinner at the malta president house, and another new dress for tomorrow's gala.

Canuck

I suspect you're right, wannable, at least about the grey coat and one dress.

HereditaryPrincess

I think Kate looks lovely, though I'm not sure how I feel about the design of her dress. The colour is wonderful however and suits her a lot.

Limabeany

Quote from: Eri on October 22, 2014, 04:04:31 PM
I know I am virtually alone in this but I don't like the dress ... she always wears stuff a z-list  TV actress would wear at the Emmy's ... at nearly 33 and pregnant you would think she would be over the showing off how "hot" she is ... but that is the issue with Kate she treats her position as a way to act as a celebrity ...
I think she is and dresses as a celebrity, why pretend she is a stateswoman or even a professional woman with a career behind her? I think the length of the skirt is a bit Kardashian, unpopular but there it is, the top is not my cup of tea as I have never been a fan of that type of dress for formal occasions or of the cleavage but she seems to have no problem with either for formal/public occasions.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

So I suppose Amal the lawyer almost see it all has turned to a Kardashan. Might be true rumor is she will be fired from her future ex.brilliant career

Curryong

I agree with both of you. I think Kate should aim for a sleek and elegant look as a young royal. Instead, too often she has worn things which wouldn't be out of place on a soap star handing out awards on a TV show. I don't like mullet dresses at the best of times, and although I don't mind the colour, Kate has a dozen more appropriate things in her wardrobe than what she ended up wearing.

She also is addicted to her long hair flapping everywhere. Kate, darling, you're not 22 any more. Try an updo occasionally. You might then be able to feature a spectacular pair of long ear-rings or a necklace, (as Charlene does)  without them being hidden under mounds of hair. I know Letizia is older and a very different body-type, but, my goodness, she exudes sophisticated elegance when she is seen in evening wear, whereas Kate, well....

wannable

I don't like most of Letizia fashion choices, but she dresses for her age, appropriate. Before her divorce, as a press lady, she looked better yet.

Eri

Besides the fact it is NOT her job to look "sexy"  :notamused: she never looks sexy she just looks cheap ... someone mentioned Letizia talk about someone who look good  and knows how to dress for her position ...

Eri

^ It was allowed to Di in 1995 when she was separated ... NO LONGER a Royal ... if Kate wants to dress as a starlet dressed for the Emmy's so be it but not everyone has to like it ...

cinrit

It doesn't seem that long ago that I read critiques here that Kate dressed too conservatively and should "take chances".  But when she does, she's criticized for it?

Cindy

wannable

^ Yup!

The difference, is that Kate hacked it, she pulled off that dress, that is the way it should look with no enhanced blow up plastic surgery, nor too tight fitting. She wears the dress, sexy but at the same time looks dainty IMO.

She has another gala tonight, Rebecca English from the DM has confirmed tweeted she will be there to cover the story.