Mike Tindall calls time on his 17-year career in professional rugby

Started by PrincessOfPeace, July 15, 2014, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Zara who?

QuoteMike Tindall has announced his retirement from professional rugby.

The 35-year-old, who helped England win the World Cup in 2003, has decided to hang up his boots after almost two decades in the game with Bath, Gloucester and his country.

He revealed the news on his Twitter feed on Tuesday, saying: 'After 17 years it's time to retire from rugby, I have been lucky to play with/against some great players, two great clubs and had some amazing times. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through my career!'
More: Mike Tindall announces his retirement from professional rugby after 17 years | Mail Online

QuoteMike was a rock in the England team I was privileged to coach and was always one of the first names on the team sheet.

I dropped him just once — that was for the 2003 World Cup semi-final which was totally a tactical call because I particularly wanted two ball players in midfield against the French, so I brought in Mike Catt.

Come the final against Australia, Mike was straight back in alongside Will Greenwood because, among other things, I wanted him to sort out Stirling Mortlock, which he did in style.
More: Mike Tindall was a rock, the heart and soul of England's World Cup winning side and in the same class as Brian O'Driscoll | Mail Online

Lady Adams

Zara who?  ;) Even before Mike's retirement, Zara was the breadwinner by far in that marriage.  :thumbsup:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Maybe so but Mike was a world champion and captain in a sport that matters when Zara was just announcing her first sponsor.

Both are world champions, Mike's in rugby union and Zara's in eventing. Let the country decide  :happy15:

Lady Adams

Oh, come on...we all know who the biggest Tindall is....

MIA!  ;)

:hug: :hug: :hug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Well done Mike and enjoy your new adventure in life ie: introducing Mia to solids.  :thumbsup: