Main Menu

Adverts....

Started by Squirrel, May 09, 2016, 06:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrel

Ehm.... Is there any way to filter the adverts shown on the forum?

I don't mind adverts, but it's showing me nearly naked ladies in suggestive positions today and I'd rather not have that pop up on my screen... I didn't click on it, so no idea what it was advertising but I'd rather not find out.... :huh:
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

SophieChloe

Yuk!  Don't blame you @Squirrel.  I'm getting adverts for trainers and cotton shirts. 

@Orchid @Jenee @Windsor - What's the deals with naked ladies popping up all over the shop?  :coy:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Squirrel

hehe, yes indeed, it's switched now to 90th anniversary stamps of the royal family, at least they're matching the topic of the forum! But would still be good if there is a way to filer the 'adult' ones out...
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Jenee

:lol: I read your post as the ads contained naked pictures of YOU :lmao:

OK sorry, not funny. The ads are tied to your browsing history. If you use a shared computer, you may occasionally get something strange. I will ask Windsor if there is a G rating system we can install.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

FYI Windsor has adjusted the Ad controls so they are a bit more G rated now :lol:

Squirrel

haha, thanks! I thought they would be based on browsing history as they often show stuff I read or searched for and there's only two people using this computer and I've not been looking at naked women, so :windsor:

Jenee

:teehee: :nod:  Happened to me once too. It was the last time I used my hisband's iPad to browse the forum :lol:

Windsor

Keep me posted if those X rated ads come back.  :P :P

Orchid

Eye eye... saucy spousal secrets are being revealed. Looks like there are more benefits to holding a forum account than originally advertised :shifty:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Squirrel

haha, maybe I want the X rated ads turned on after all, that way I'll know what the other half's been looking at!

Orchid

I'm all for a bit of spyware every now and then. No harm in gathering intel' :hehe:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil