On Sale - Amner Hall ?

Started by aarteepotnis, April 11, 2015, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarteepotnis

I know this is weird , but I was looking for houses to stay in norfolk ... and this has just been posted .....

12 bedroom detached house for sale in NORTH-WEST NORFOLK, PE32

so 12 miles from kings lynn and 12 from brancaster coast .... the wiki link for amner hall confirms the 11 odd   miles and google maps confirms the distance from the sandringham estate to bran caster ...
  weird much !!

Canuck

It sounds like it's in the same general neighbourhood, but there's no way that's actually Anmer being sold.  The Queen wouldn't sell off 68 acres of the Sandringham estate (especially at that price!), and they only just renovated it for Will and Kate who will be living there much of the time Will is at his new job.  (Oh, and Anmer is described as 10 bedrooms, not 12.)

Orchid

Amner Hall is, I believe, late Georgian (18th century) whereas the details for the property you've linked to say it's Arts and Crafts (which is a late 19th century/early 20th century architectural movement). I also don't think Amner has 68 acres of grounds. Norfolk has many great country estates to hit the market though.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

In All I Do

Also, PE32 is almost entirely south of A148, while Sandringham is north of it.

14 miles south of "the coast at Brancaster" and 11 miles east of Kings Lynn is Great Massingham.

Orchid

Our resident ordnance surveyor has spoken :lol:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Macrobug

@Adrienne  Impressively clever to look at the postal code.   :thumbsup:  I followed your lead and entered it into zoopla.  It isn't listed but the map view shows that Anmer is well out of that area. SmartMaps view of Look at PE32 highest priced property for sale - Houses & flats for sale - Zoopla
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

Quote from: Orchid on April 11, 2015, 02:31:58 PM
Our resident ordnance surveyor has spoken :lol:
This forum has so many talented members! :)

Orchid

-Winston Churchil

aarteepotnis

Well it did seem very unlikely they were selling it , but it resembled the property search pretty much for me ( not english ) :) ! you guys are brilliant at research though ! and good idea about the local geography !! :D

Lucy

Quote from: Orchid on April 11, 2015, 02:22:50 PM
Amner Hall is, I believe, late Georgian (18th century) whereas the details for the property you've linked to say it's Arts and Crafts (which is a late 19th century/early 20th century architectural movement). I also don't think Amner has 68 acres of grounds. Norfolk has many great country estates to hit the market though.

Too true, Orchid, love that area. We once came close to purchasing a thatched cottage  in Thetford. 
Yes the Sandringham estate has remained intact since its royal take over  inception when in 1862 it was purchased by Queen Victoria . The current queen leases some of the property and buildings, such as Park House where Lady Diana Spencer was born and raised. Park House Hotel caters to the physically handicapped and their care givers. The entire estate is a great little earner for HM. wink wink
Well done, Adrienne!
DIANISTA # 1

TLLK

Interesting. I knew that Park House was frequently leased out but not that it was a hotel for the disabled. Would love to see the modifications made to make it accessible to their guests.