Prince Charles abandoned his ship

Started by Mike, October 01, 2016, 04:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

This story is dated, but I just now noticed it.  I did a search of "Bronington" with no results.

HMS Bronington lies half-submerged in Merseyside dock  | Daily Mail Online

He could have saved his ship.

"Former naval person."
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Duch_Luver_4ever

My dad and grandad were navy guys so this saddens me but doesnt surprise me, he has a habit of neglecting and abandoning things, if hed do it to Diana, what chance does a ship have? He strikes me as not being a real sentimental guy, except for his teddy bear and granny. Wonder what his navy guys thought of him sleeping with a teddy bear. :lol: :teehee: :lol: :teehee:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Mike

Teddy bear?

If you have Google Earth, search 53 24 11 N, 3 2 47 W
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Duch_Luver_4ever

Yeah he has a teddy bear that hes had since a kid that he always sleeps with, kinda like bobo and Mr. Burns, in fact when you look at pics of charles, I think Mr. burns is kinda modeled on him. Diana used to have several stuffed animals she kept on her side of the bed.

Nice google earth pic of the boat.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

michelle0187

Charles slept with a teddy bear? at what age and why?

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well into adulthood, I remember reading in books about C&D how his teddy would be washed and prepared and put on his side of the bed, Diana, like her school days had quite a few on her side of the bed. (must be the royal version of too many throw pillows, guys, am i rite????  :lol: )

As for why, im guessing the whole sending away to boarding school, lack of tactile parents, etc. but only Chuck can say for sure....

michelle0187

so diana was portrayed as a loon by chuck's friends, while  he was sleeping with a teddy at night and talking to plants in the morning. maybe camilla gave him the teddy with c & c threaded in the back.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:lol: :teehee: thats a good one, i like it  @michelle0187  my understanding is he had it since his school days, but im sure PoW fans could give you more exact details on it. Most men would have found Diana all the cuddling comfort theyd ever need, Camilla's main strength was said to be on the more carnal side, but Diana was all aces when it came to being cuddly and cozy to be with, but hed rather have a stuffed bear, I'll never understand that man where she's concerned....