Princess Anne Praises Ethiopian Development Endeavors

Started by cinrit, October 01, 2014, 11:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe British Princess, Anne, has lauded the development endeavors of Ethiopia.  The Princess held talks on Monday with the Ethiopian President Dr. Mulatu Teshome at his National Palace.

The President briefed Princess Anne on the policies and strategies that Ethiopia has been following which have made the country successful in all development endeavors.

He mentioned that 40 thousand trained extension workers have helped step up the health service of the country into improved and higher level.

More: allAfrica.com: Ethiopia: Princess Anne Praises Ethiopian Development Endeavors

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cinrit

QuoteRoyal Family's Secret Weapon

The Queen's only daughter, with a characteristic lack of fanfare, has undertaken a secret mercy mission to east Africa, risking death, disease and kidnapping to support some of the world's most vulnerable people.

The 64-year-old spent last week in Ethiopia and Tanzania, travelling to remote areas in a tiny plane and staying in what aides described as "beyond basic" accommodation.

Accompanied by just two bodyguards, her private secretary and a PA, Anne witnessed first-hand the work being carried out by Save The Children, of which she has been president since 1970, and The Vine Trust, a lesser known Edinburghbased charity which appointed the princess as patron in 2009.

One of the highlights of the trip was a day on Lake Victoria aboard the Trust's Jubilee Hope ship, which has sailed 9,476 miles from Scotland to Mwanza to become Tanzania's first medical ship.

More: Princess Anne's harrowing trip to Africa with Save The Children | UK | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HistoryGirl

Though the PR in this article is almost too much for me to handle, I do commend Anne for this trip. She really seems to take her royal duties seriously and that deserves a level of respect.

SophieChloe

Totally agree!  If we have to have them - I'd have no problem with Anne. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

HistoryGirl

^I agree. She does seem the best of the lot as far as just carrying on without moaning about how difficult her life is.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

LOL just had a vision of Anne tromping through the jungle/savannah with a no-nonsense helmet on her head. Nothing gets in her way.

Anne's been overseas for decades with her work with Save the Children. She didn't always receive the press coverage in the 1980's and 1990's that I believe that she deserved as her more glamorous sisters-in-law were frequently the focus.

Limabeany

I think the William and Kate as reluctant royals bit is forcing the brf to bring to the forefront valuable, working, useful royals like Anne, to showcase their added value.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

Sadly there's not much news about this safari trip...lake Victoria 😜

I like Anne, rude looking et all. That her signature.