Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Cardiff

Started by Kritter, January 17, 2018, 04:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

How and where to see Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Cardiff - Wales Online

QuoteMembers of the public will be able to meet Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during the couple?s royal visit on Thursday.

The pair will be coming to Cardiff for a day ?showcasing Welsh culture and heritage?.

They will first visit Cardiff Castle where they will hear performances from musicians and poets, meet leading sportsmen and women, and see how organisations are working to promote Welsh language and cultural identity.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 10:36:29 AM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit Cardiff and fans are already queuing up to see the couple - Wales Online

wannable

The terrible weather isn't helping.

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are running late on their journey to Cardiff. Their train left on time but  has been delayed by half an hour.

Simon Perry
Verified account
@SPerryPeoplemag

I think it is now up to about an hour

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 01:40:01 PM

Rebecca English
‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

Harry and Meghan will now be one hour late for their visit to Cardiff today because of their late running GWR train.
Aides are currently working out whether their engagements will need to be cut short.

TLLK

@wannable-Sorry to see that transportation and weather issues are impacting their first visit to Wales.

Curryong

I've just taken a look on a video a few minutes ago. Fairly big crowds gathered. On Twitter it's being said they're limiting the numbers of  people on to the castle grounds and some were turned away. Whatever else the aides shorten for the couple I hope greeting the crowds isn't it. Some people have been waiting since 6am, though the crowds are said to be in good spirits. Greeting the people waiting is important. It shouldn't be rushed through.

wannable

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/18/15/4845C06C00000578-5283675-image-a-123_1516287937178.jpg

I thought Royals weren't allowed to sign autographs. 

Yes, there is a good size of crowds outside the castle. They seemed to have received a very warm Welsh welcome.

Curryong

Meghan is not a member of the BRF until her wedding day. She signed a little girl's book and she is entitled to do that as a private citizen. Fiances aren't classed as royals.

Kritter

Meghan Markle in Cardiff with Harry on first trip to Wales | Daily Mail Online

QuoteRoyal bride-to-be Meghan Markle and her fianc? Prince Harry arrived at in the Welsh capital to a tumultuous welcome from adoring fans today who showered the couple in hugs, handshakes and even kisses.

The pair are carrying out their third engagement as a couple which kicked off at the breathtaking Cardiff Castle where they were met by dignitaries and schoolchildren who gifted them with traditional wedding presents.

Meghan-mania saw royal supporters queuing outside the castle from 6am this morning some seven hours ahead of their arrival - but they happily waited in the biting cold for the US-born actress and her besotted prince.

The pair left Paddington Station on time at 11.15am on route for Cardiff but delays to the GWR train meant they arrived at the Welsh capital more than an hour late.

Besotted Harry, 33, has made a promise to his bride-to-be to undertake visits across the U.K. before their wedding, to give the actress a chance to see the country she will come to call home and meet its people.

TLLK

Glad that they were able to make it there after the delays and that the well wishers had a chance to meet the couple. I like that she took a green handbag (Tudor/Welsh) color. Noticed from one of the DM close ups that she appears to have a double piercing in one ear.

Kritter

I read on twitter that she also chose her clothing from a struggling Welsh store to highlight them. She does her homework & that is good to see.

Emily Nash‏Verified account @emynash

QuoteThe story behind @hiutdenim is a good one - it was set up when a denim factory in Cardigan closed down after 35 years, leaving 400 out of work. They brand decided: "To bring manufacturing back home. To use all that skill on our doorstep. And to breathe new life into our town." 👏

Gert's Royals @Gertsroyals

QuoteMeghan Markle tells well-wisher on walkabout after 1 hour train delay:  ?Thank you for waiting in the rain and cold for us. I appreciate it.?

Kensington Palace‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal

QuotePrince Harry and Ms. Markle are presented with a traditional Celtic love spoon by local children, named Harry and Megan.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT1WYRYXkAUknRs.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT1WYRaWkAARQAt.jpg

Who are Hiut Denim, the Welsh fashion company chosen by Meghan Markle? - Wales Online

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:19:59 PM

QuoteNoticed from one of the DM close ups that she appears to have a double piercing in one ear.

Zofia Day Dash Ear Studs

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:21:03 PM

AVeryModernMeghan
‏ @VeryModernMegha

QuoteSo the handbag Meghan is carrying today funds live-saving vaccines for kids. Now that is the kind of theme dressing I can get behind.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:27:24 PM

https://www.shopbop.com/triple-shooting-star-earrings-gabriela/vp/v=1/1532073955.htm?extid=affprg_linkshare_SB-tZkYzve9Cvk&cvosrc=affiliate.linkshare.tZkYzve9Cvk&extid=affprg_linkshare_SB-QFGLnEolOWg&cvosrc=affiliate.linkshare.QFGLnEolOWg

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:34:24 PM

Meghan Markle shows how to pull off 'do-good' dressing | Daily Mail Online

QuoteShe's known for impeccable sense of style, but Meghan Markle today proved that there's more thought that goes into her wardrobe choices than merely looking good.

The royal bride-to-be arrived in Cardiff with Prince Harry for their third official engagement together, dressed in head-to-toe in carefully chosen items supporting both British fashion and charitable endeavours.

Meghan, 36, wrapped up against the winter chill in a ?1,350 tie detail coat by Stella McCartney whose staunch stance against using fur and leather sits well with the animal lover's principles.

She chose a pair of black skinny jeans from Welsh brand Hiut Denim, which provided the perfect touch of diplomatic dressing.

And she carried a ?295 Mini Venice handbag by DeMellier London, a brand founded by Mireia Llusia-Lindh with the goal of being 'functional and attainable, as well as socially conscious'.

The brand funds a  set of lifesaving vaccines and treatments aimed to save the life of a child in need through its charity A Bag, A Life for every bag sold.   

Harry has done well for the role in choosing his bride & they are obviously in love. Wonderful   :crazylove:

sara8150

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Just Received Their First Wedding Gift ? From Their Mini-Mes!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Receive Their First Wedding Gift | PEOPLE.com

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Visited a Castle Today and the Photos Are a Fairy Tale Come True!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle in Wales | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:37:26 PM

Meghan Markle Just Received Her First Curtsy ? One Month After She Debuted Her Own to the Queen
Meghan Markle Just Received Her First Curtsy ? One Month After She Debuted Her Own to the Queen! | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:38:48 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle continue their UK tour in Wales
https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/12018011825572/prince-harry-meghan-markle-wales-visit

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:46:19 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit Cardiff Castle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit Cardiff Castle - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:48:43 PM

Meghan 'so excited' on Wales trip with Harry
LIVE: Meghan 'so excited' on Wales trip with Harry

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 04:52:34 PM

Did Meghan Markle BREAK royal rules in Cardiff with protocol breach?
Meghan Markle news: Did Prince Harry's fiancee break royal protocol in Cardiff | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Sorry we're late! Meghan Markle and Harry tour Cardiff Castle after train delay
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry visit Cardiff castle - latest royal news and pictures | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 05:05:03 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Visit Cardiff Castle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Visit Cardiff Castle

Curryong

Yes in love and not afraid to be tactile and show it with smiles, hand holding and even, briefly, arms round each other today, though not as much as at Brixton. They looked cheerful, happy, it's good to see.

Duch_Luver_4ever

I've said it before but it was both nice to see and heartbreaking as I wish Diana has that kind of attention from Charles on her walkabouts, Harry is clearly secure enough to not be threatened by her, and is affectionate and delighted in her performance.

I cant help but think what might have been....
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Me too, Duch_. I still find it terribly upsetting that Charles couldn't find it in his heart to put his ego aside for just a while. Things would have settled down apace in the years to come. He didn't have to worry.

Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands with the exuberant Maxima, William with Kate, now Harry with Meghan. Not a scrap of resentment or annoyance that their wives/fiancee are popular with crowds or that people are calling out their name. In fact it can be regarded as quite a compliment that you've chosen such a crowd pleaser. But no, we had to have teeth grinding exhibitions with one's friends and petulance in private, in Australia anyway.

sara8150

'I used to be shy too': Meghan shows her maternal side as she reassures a girl, seven, who was led away crying after becoming overwhelmed during a performance for the royal couple
Meghan Markle comforts shy girl in Cardiff | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

'Let's all give Meghan a group hug!' Harry's girl is swamped by loving children after prince's cheeky invite on royal couple's first trip to Wales
Meghan Markle in Cardiff with Harry on first trip to Wales | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 09:17:10 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle send crowds wild in Cardiff
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle send crowds wild in Cardiff | Wales - ITV News

Kritter

Quote from: Curryong on January 18, 2018, 05:13:15 PM
Yes in love and not afraid to be tactile and show it with smiles, hand holding and even, briefly, arms round each other today, though not as much as at Brixton. They looked cheerful, happy, it's good to see.

:thumbsup: 

He is taking the time needed to not only introduce her to the people but what will be her new country. It is lovely to watch them at every engagement & I am not a royalist.    :hehe:

Meghan tells the crowd that Harry is a feminist too & IMO that makes a difference in how a man treats a woman, to see them as equal partners instead of being beneath them.

?Everyone give Meghan a group hug? encourages Prince Harry ? Royal Central

QuoteThings never go as planned, but that didn?t stop the excitement from all the well-wishers when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle showed up in Cardiff an hour late due to train delays.

The two started the day off at Cardiff Castle before heading to a community centre, Star Hub in Tremorfa.

The trip was a big success as Harry and Meghan watched a spin class, dance class and played Jenga with the youth.

Rebecca English
‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail

QuoteOh, and one more thing of interest to royal watchers: #MeghanMarkle is being helped by a new assistant private secretary, Amy Pickerill. She was a press officer but has been sequestered by Harry for his private office and will be helping #Meghan on engagements and with her diary.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 18, 2018, 05:39:18 PM
I've said it before but it was both nice to see and heartbreaking as I wish Diana has that kind of attention from Charles on her walkabouts, Harry is clearly secure enough to not be threatened by her, and is affectionate and delighted in her performance.

PW is not threatened by  K either. They complement each other and K,when she is on a BRF, does really well.

Double post auto-merged: January 19, 2018, 05:01:16 AM

I know I know, you all are 😴 of hearing from me.
  I soooo soooo want Ph and MM to make it work and succeed.

Her hair. The messy bun, no. Vogue etc., says the messy bun is tres chic, but it is not for MM n her role.  No. A tighter, nest. Nest, chignon or higher bun, ok.

Autographs, no. No. She signed the girls name , but still no. Yes, she is not HRH, yet, but she is with PH and representing QEII and is on ?the job.?

A
Selfie. No. Again, like the autograph, she did not really take a selfie. She posed with a girl for a pic while the girls mother took the picture. Ehhhhhhh, MM, no.

Yes, she is not MM yet, but she needs to fix these things. She has had 3 things and has some minor faux Paul?s. Minor, but still these could have been avoidable.

I just really want her to be flawless.
Plastic K had the dress fly ups that are history.
Other than that, she is well reheated to each little movement and always well coiffed and styled like a mannequin.

Kritter

Kate appears fake & if she is above everyone.

The Monarchy needs someone like Harry who makes people feel at ease & Meghan is doing that. She gave a little girl a memory she can cherish forever & that will help her remain a royalist. She gave a young woman a photo she will cherish & that will help her remain a royalist.

If the people feel that the royals are out of touch like they do with Charles, William & Kate then the Monarchy won't have a chance for survival.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 18, 2018, 05:39:18 PM

You are right. If he had given her the attention she needed, it would have allayed her insecurities about his affections. But again, I do think Charles is a product of his upbringing just like Harry is of his. For Charles, he was brought up to expect absolute obedience and deference from everybody including his wife. Harry had a much more relaxed upbringing (a lot of it thanks to his mother) in which it was much easier to see yourself as a human being first and a prince second.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

As far as writing a little message for a member of the public, plenty of royals do it, both in the BRF and in foreign Royal houses. Harry wrote little notes to taxi drivers, a message on the back of a fellow soldier's daughter's photo. Diana often wrote little notes to members of the public.

The York Princesses, Crown Princess Victoria and Queen Maxima and King Willem Alexander of the Netherlands are among many royals that have posed for selfies with members of the public. So have the King and Queen of Spain. Prince Charles once signed the cast of somebody's broken leg. Yet Meghan isn't supposed to do it?

Meghan asked Harry as to whether it was all right to write the little girl a message and Harry was heard to say that messages are OK, but not signed.

As for buns and way of dressing, clothing and so on, that's a matter of personal taste. Maybe Meghan doesn't want to be a plastic mannequin or an exact copy of Kate. She has her own style, and hopefully she won't change.

Kritter

Meghan Markle: Why people love Prince Harry's fiancee - BBC News

QuoteMeghan Markle: Why people love Prince Harry's fiancee

Fans of Meghan Markle in Cardiff, Wales, describe what they like so much about the future wife of Prince Harry.

wannable

After reading and watching videos from different news sites, I liked this get to know engagement for Ms. Markle, the small crowds of Cardiff made her welcome.  I also like that she has her own style, and her own rule book without making it scandalous for the Monarchy.

I would have hoped Cardiff being the most populated in Wales would be more outgoing to meet and greet H&M. Only a few hundred people went, Routers aerial video at the moment of H&M arrival says it all compared and contrasted with the aerial video of arrival of W&K.  Cardiff vs Anglesey (half a million 1st place in population vs 11 thousand 50th place in population, Wales), the later had practically the entire town.   I shall think that due to the bitter weather yesterday, plus the late train arrival people where skeptical to have a go, whilst W&K engagement day was blessed with good weather, and the entire town know and lived with the couple.

All in all it was a lovely engagement day yesterday. Also, I think Harry saw the video of Kate's school hugs, hence he wanted to replicate it with Meghan.  I think Harry has always wanted a Kate, in a good way.

Kritter

The Castle would only permit a certain number of people onto the grounds but that number was there to meet Harry & Meghan. On top of that it was freezing cold & they were delayed for an hour. The people were so excited they chose to stay in the freezing cold to meet them. It was great.

At least they weren't forced to be photographed with barriers & no people to greet them as Kate was on her engagement. How embarrassing for her.

William's 130 pound buzz cut couldn't even knock them off the front pages. I think the royal bore's need to have a talk with Meghan & see how it is done.   :nod:

wannable

The castle grounds where the barriers were placed had a lot of open space, its practically three forth the size of a football field (emptyish). Routers placed the aerial video available in twitter.  One can clearly observe that the crowds were thin compared to the cropped videos of the couple greeting the public.  Yes, as I said the factor weather and late train arrival in excess of 1 hour may have been a likely cause of not so many people, considering Cardiff has the largest population.

W&K Anglesey (town of Holyhead) visit had no barriers as its a small town of 11 thousand, the center of the town with its small port and picturesque stores, is where their locals go to, plus the blessed weather date they went and all the locals know the couple - W&K purchased and motorbiked every weekend all the stores, dined at the small and few restaurants, etc., factored in.

Kritter

The managers of the Castle would not allow more people on the grounds. They try to keep the grounds looking prime & regal having a lot of people trampling around on it could destroy it.

The crowds were as full as the Castle would allow & by virtue they drew a large crowd.

That was before people knew what boring snobs W&K are. Her engagement this week with the barrier & no people means they need to try a different approach.