Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

From Clarence House's Storify account:

QuoteDay Ten: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Sydney

Prince George received a special cuddly toy today, when he was given a Wombat by the Governor-General.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent their last morning in Wellington, New Zealand, before heading on to Australia for the second part of their overseas tour.

Arriving in sunny Sydney, Their Royal Highnesses attended a reception at the Sydney Opera House to mark the start of their visit to Australia.

More: Day Ten: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Sydney (with images, tweets) · clarencehouse · Storify

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

Royal praise for Australia as tour begins in Sydney

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge has described Australia as a "beacon of confidence" as he and his family began the next leg of their Antipodean tour.

Thousands turned out to greet the royal couple at Sydney Opera House to mark the start of their 10-day visit, which follows a tour of New Zealand.

The duke and duchess are expected to bring Prince George to a zoo in Sydney on Sunday, where an enclosure housing bilbys - a rabbit-like marsupial - will be named after him.

William added: "I suspect George's first word might be 'bilby' - only because koala is harder to say.''
More: BBC News - Royal praise for Australia as tour begins in Sydney

Limabeany

:thanks:  :love6:  :thanks:
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 16, 2014, 01:06:08 PM
Today's total is 5 hours, Australia's beginning total is 2 hours.

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 10, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
I thought it might be interesting to keep track of how many hours they spend on engagements. I've taken start and end times from Twitter. Here's how it breaks down, according to tweets by whoever is "on duty" in the press pool.

April 7: They arrived and had the welcoming ceremony, Landed 12.00 NZ time (first tweet by @RoyalReporter at the airport) last tweet @ByEmilyAndrews at the conclusion of the ceremony at 14.30 NZ= 2.5 hours
April 8: Rest
April 9: Play Date: 14.30 NZ- 17.00 NZ tweets from @ByEmilyAndrews= 2.5 hours
April 10:
Aviation & Wreath Laying Event, 11.30 NZ- 14.00 via Tweets by @QueenVicMirror and @BritishRoyals= 2.5 hours
Prince William, two 20-min meetings (reported by Daily Mail): 1 hour
Reception: 18.55 NZ time from @BritishRoyals - 19:47 NZ time from @RE_DailyMail: 1 hour
Total: 4.5 hours
April 11: 2 Events ( Boat rides, and meeting Air Force Personnel)
11:28 NZ arrival by tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ; 15:59 NZ Time departure, again tweeted by@GovGeneralNZ.
April 12: 2 Events (William to Air craft facility; Kate to Hospice, then both to meet the Olympic Athletes)
11:08 NZ arrival tweeted by @APProyalvisit; 16:15 NZ departure tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ.
Total: 5 hours
April 13: 4 events (Maori Tribe Welcome, Visiting Cathedral, Watching a Rugby game, and Wine Tasting)
09:46 NZ Arrived in Dunedin via @QueenMirVic; 16:37 end of wine tasting b @RE_DailyMail
Total: 7 hours

Week One Total: 19 hours

April 14: 2 Events (Memorial service, watching a Cricket game, and visiting a Museum)
10:50 NZ Arrived at Christchurch, via @RoyalReporter; 15:14 via @APPRoyalVisit
April 15: Rest
April 16: 3 Events (Visiting police college, signing city book)
11:03 NZ Arrival via @BritishRoyals; 13:59 departure from New Zealand via @APPRoyalVisit
Total: 3.0 hours (NZ)
New Zealand's final total is 26.5.

(Off to Australia, then reception at Sydney Opera House)
15:34 AUS Arrival on plane to Sydney via @RE_DailyMail; 17:39 AUS Arrival to Admiralty House, where they will stay, via @phildampier;
Total: 2.0 hours (AUS)

Total: 5.0 hours

April 17: 1 Event (Visit fire ravaged street)
April 18: 3 Events (Royal Easter Show, Hospice, and watching life-savers demonstration)
April 19: 2 Events (Checking out the RAF site and reception)
April 20: 2 Events (Service at cathedral and visiting the zoo)
April 21: Rest
April 22: 1 Event (Visiting National Ingenious Training Academy)
April 23: 2 Events (Music workshop and watching skateboarders)
April 24: 3 events (National Portrait Gallery, reception, and tree planting)
April 25: 3 Events  (ANZAC Day March, wreath laying, tree planting.)
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George dubbed 'Republican slayer' as Royals touch down in Australia on their tour

QuoteBaby Prince George was dubbed the "Republican slayer" on Australia's top breakfast show today - as he flew into Sydney for the start of the Australian royal tour.

The "Prince of Cuteness" as they are calling the chubby future King, was again the star of the royal roadshow as he was carried down the steps from an Australian Royal Airforce jet by his mother.

This time his dad William also got a chance to carry the little prince in his arms, as the Duchess of Cambridge in a stunning yellow dress, a nod to Australia's national colours, was presented with some flowers.

After a brief welcome at the airport, the royal couple - minus George - went to the Sydney Opera House to be given a rapturous welcome by a huge crowd.
Pictures and More: Prince George dubbed 'Republican slayer' as Royals touch down in Australia on their tour - World - News - London Evening Standard

PrincessOfPeace

The WINNER: Like Father, Like Son (Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images AsiaPac) #royal #royaltour.... This is too good!!!

Twitter / Royal_beans: The WINNER: Like Father, Like ...

sara8150

Prince William Remembers Princess Diana in Australia as His Son George Channels His Baby Romper Look
Prince William Remembers Princess Diana in Australia; George as Will - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Wiggling Prince George Arrive in Sydney, Australia: Adorable Pictures!
Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George Hit Australia: Pictures - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 04:45:44 PM

The 'little cutie' that caught the eye of William and Kate
Kate Middleton and Prince William greet a child during a walkabout on their tour of New Zealand - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

Royal Family Arrives in Australia, Prince George Receives Oversize Wombat Toy
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20807391,00.html#vid

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 04:50:31 PM

Duke of Cambridge: Australia a beacon of confidence
BBC News - Duke of Cambridge: Australia a beacon of confidence

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 04:56:08 PM

Missing mummy, George? Prince looks less than impressed as he's pictured in arms of his nanny for first time...
Prince George looks less than impressed in arms of his nanny | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

William said I look like a banana!' The Duchess of Cambridge shines in a bright yellow  Roksanda Ilincic dress but it seems not everyone is a fan
Kate Middleton shines in Roksanda Ilincic dress but not everyone is a fan | Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

Royal media circus

QuoteWherever the royals go, they are followed by hoards of journalists, photographers and camera crews from all over the world, capturing every move
TODAY: Royal media circus on MSN Video

Gives you an idea of the world wide media coverage of this Tour. The British and Americans can't get enough of Prince George.

Limabeany

Not exactly true. I see very few mags with this on their covers... There is great media interest and very little interest otherwise in the US from what I see, same as with Kate's pregnancy...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Jenee

Quote from: Lothwen on April 16, 2014, 05:16:05 AM
I like the color of the dress on her, and the style and the length are very flattering, but I'm not crazy about the white panels, and I wish she would have worn white sandals or pumps with the dress instead of the nude ones.

Other than that, good to see the Australia tour begin.

I agree about the shoes but I do love the dress. The white panels make it interesting.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

Sydney welcomes the royals in style

QuoteSydney has put on a welcome fit for a future king and queen, as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George finally set foot on Australian soil.
Sydney welcomes the royals in style on MSN Video

Another great video piece

PrincessOfPeace

Not liking W&K is one thing but to say there isn't much media coverage is disingenuous.

Front page coverage everyday from the Daily Mail , The Telegraph, the Daily Express - throw in the BBC and Sky plus CNN International and I'd say that's some coverage. People Magazine and The Today Show in America are running coverage pretty much non stop

Sky NEWS HD has a lovely piece William And Kate Touch Down For Oz Trip

Limabeany

Not in the US, sorry, undoubtedly in Britain, but not so in the US...  :shrug:

SophieChloe

All I know is that my tv is on in the background during the day and so is the radio  :shrug:

If it was wall to wall W&K, both would be switched off  :blank:

I live in the UK - Berkshire...perhaps I'll have a peep at Meridien Today. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

I've seen a good bit of coverage, though not coverage in great detail, here in the U.S.   But considering this is not a visit to the U.S., that's not a big surprise.  On the whole, though, the media coverage has been so extensive ... just look at all the different articles and videos that have been posted, dozens of them ... I've actually gotten information overload. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

:thanks: PrincessOfPeace for the videos.  :thumbsup:

SophieChloe

Yes, thanks for all the links PofP and Cindy  and all the others :hug: :love6: :hug: :hug:   
George will most likely, go into hiding on return.... :orchid:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

HereditaryPrincess

Larger photos of the Cambridges in Australia:

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Tour Australia and New Zealand - Day 10

NB: The last photos are of the family leaving New Zealand, so I'm not sure if they're on topic here.

PrincessOfPeace

PEOPLE Goes Behind-the-Scenes of the Royal Family's Tour

QuoteAs Prince William, Kate and little George get a warm welcome during their three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia, PEOPLE is keeping close tabs on their adventures Down Under.

Our chief foreign correspondent, Simon Perry, is reporting from the tour, bringing you the latest information on the family's travels. Stay with PEOPLE for stories on Kate's outfits, photos of adorable baby George and much more.

Check out Tweets and Instagrams straight from their visit below, and tell us what you think of the royals' time abroad in the comments below.
More: http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20805498,00.html

Jenee

^they are on the front cover of People in the US this week too. So they are getting some coverage, but not much more than normal. Which is to be expected, they aren't visiting the US after all, and we aren't part of the commonwealth.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

Royals in the Blue Mountains: Residents wait to meet William and Catherine.

10.30AM: Residents have been lining the streets in Winmalee from 8am (AEST) on Thursday morning hoping to catch a glimpse of the couple.

QuoteROLLING COVERAGE: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet victims of last year's bushfires in Winmalee today before moving to a nearby Girl Guides headquarters, where they'll also meet local firefighters.

The royals will then move to Echo Point and the Three Sisters before heading to meet youth groups at Narrow Neck Lookout.

The day will conclude with a meeting at Admiralty House in Sydney with Prime Minister Tony Abbott. It is not known whether Prince George will make an appearance.
More: Royals in Australia | William, Kate visit Blue Mountains | Video - Yahoo!7

Lothwen

Thanks to everyone for posting the videos and pictures :thankyou:

Honestly though, if all it takes for people to support the Monarchy is a few smiles and photo ops then that says more about the people who support the Monarchy than the Monarchy itself. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

PrincessOfPeace

Royal visit: Excitement in Blue Mountains community of Yellow Rock as William and Kate arrive

QuoteThere is great excitement at Yellow Rock in the Blue Mountains where hundreds of people have gathered for the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

People began staking out their spots as early as 6:00am.

Their Royal Highnesses are visiting people who lost their homes in the October bushfires.

Resident Jennie Hall, who lost her home and everything she owned in the bushfire, says the Royal visit will inject much happiness into the community.

"It's devastating to be left with just the clothing you're standing up in," she said.

"But this is wonderful. It's a shot in the arm for everybody here."
More: Royal visit: Excitement in Blue Mountains community of Yellow Rock as William and Kate arrive - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

sara8150