Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

My clock has gone all pear-shaped too, Cindy. Very discombobulating.  :happy17:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

^^ Yep, very.  I saw the time on LA's posts, and thought, "Wow, this day really has gone fast!!" :lol:  The time on my profile, though, shows the correct time.  Strange, innit?

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

SophieChloe

Innit indeed  :happy15: .  I was last active at 01.39  :shrug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Princessinwaiting

https://24.media.tumblr.com/3b229bd9fd49cf53327bfedff8871258/tumblr_n4d14nr9Tr1qfqt76o1_500.gif
[mod]Changed to link :flower:[/mod]

Lol  :vday4: she's soo natural with George   :vday4: love candid like that but I feel sorry that phtogs are 24/7 outside the house can't take some pics of her son and roam about the place  :wellduh: like us but lol I just like her way of dealing with it and being herself like come one *applause* pls. :clap:

Lol the pics are all over tumblr if ppl want to Google them but I doubt we'll find articles if found pls post :D
Kate Middleton and Prince William take Prince George on Royal Tour 2014: Palace anger of paparazzi pictures - Mirror Online

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2014, 10:37:20 AM

I remember Saint diana brought william out and had a while phtoshoot with him but kate at least did the thing in her private time nit her fault papzz love to photograph her  :orchid: I wonder how many stand waiting outside the home ..

Limabeany

Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 21, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

I remember Saint diana brought william out and had a while phtoshoot with him but kate at least did the thing in her private time nit her fault papzz love to photograph her  :orchid:
Like CP Victoria, Princess Diana did not act like/raise her children to be recluses... The fact that the people of UK will only see Prince George like this abroad and will only see posed photos, except, maybe, on formal occasions does not make Kate and William better than Diana or CP Victoria...  :shrug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princessinwaiting

I love the normal touch  :vday4:  hope more royals follow in Kate and wills foot steps  :happy:

And yet William and harry hate limelight , Kate is a good model to follow even for the blood royals.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on April 21, 2014, 11:11:30 AM
Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 21, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

I remember Saint diana brought william out and had a while phtoshoot with him but kate at least did the thing in her private time nit her fault papzz love to photograph her  :orchid:
Like CP Victoria, Princess Diana did not act like/raise her children to be recluses... The fact that the people of UK will only see Prince George like this abroad and will only see posed photos, except, maybe, on formal occasions does not make Kate and William better than Diana or CP Victoria...  :shrug:
IMHO CP Victoria and Daniel are blazing their own trail with Estelle and I suspect that the media knows better than to just start taking photos randomly. Too often because of aggressive photographers in this day and age, other royal families will not be as accessible.   The majority of royals do staged and predictable photocalls with their children for most of their lives.

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

Loved the elegant grey outfit for church on Easter Sunday and glad to see that she's recycled two more dresses from past engagements.

Limabeany

Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 21, 2014, 11:27:44 AM
I love the normal touch  :vday4:  hope more royals follow in Kate and wills foot steps  :happy:

And yet William and harry hate limelight , Kate is a good model to follow even for the blood royals.
I disagree...  :truce: I hope no royal follows on William and Kate's footsteps of hiding their son and providing posed photographs once in a blue moon and only showing their children abroad... William and Harry hate the limelight because of later traumas, the other royals and their children (Spain, Sweden, Netherlands) are doing it right, IMO, not William and Kate, there should have been a photocall in England for their future subjects and the British photographers and people before they went to Australia, but of course, the PR value for a Monarchy vying for goodwill in Oz to accumulate brownie points in preparation for the Queen's passing and not quite as popular Charles assuming the throne, trumped the British people themselves seeing George like this, the first time George was shown should not have been in Australia... Kate and William are not doing it right, IMO, the fact that the British people think themselves undeserving of a courtesy and appreciation most other royal houses give their own citizens in sharing their families does not make their actions the most thoughtful...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

Hiding their son? George has been seen as much as William at the same age. Frankly most people in Britain don't care about how the Swedish royals conduct their business. We never did. Britain's monarchy is and always will be different from the continent.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on April 21, 2014, 05:04:17 PM
Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 21, 2014, 11:27:44 AM

I disagree...  :truce: I hope no royal follows on William and Kate's footsteps of hiding their son and providing posed photographs once in a blue moon and only showing their children abroad... William and Harry hate the limelight because of later traumas, the other royals and their children (Spain, Sweden, Netherlands) are doing it right, IMO, not William and Kate, there should have been a photocall in England for their future subjects and the British photographers and people before they went to Australia, but of course, the PR value for a Monarchy vying for goodwill in Oz to accumulate brownie points in preparation for the Queen's passing and not quite as popular Charles assuming the throne, trumped the British people themselves seeing George like this, the first time George was shown should not have been in Australia... Kate and William are not doing it right, IMO, the fact that the British people think themselves undeserving of a courtesy and appreciation most other royal houses give their own citizens in sharing their families does not make their actions the most thoughtful...
I disagree. IMO the Swedes are the exception to the norm.  IMHO the Cambridges are mirroring the royals from Belgium, Norway, the NL, Spain, Jordan, Japan, and Denmark when their little ones were infants/toddlers.There were the usual leaving the hospital photos, christening photos (where applicable) and an older infant photo. Then followed by a first birthday, holiday, and vacation photoshoot.  Look back at photos of William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie and you'll notice a similar pattern.  TRF has a good collection of photos of the royal children born after 2000 and you'll see that there are not too many that were not arranged and released by the families. Most of the couples did not take their children "on tour" unless they were very small and still nursing babies. Maxima and Mary did take their young children back to their homelands for family visits, otherwise most stay at home.

Maxima and W-A laid down the  "law" so to say with the introduction of the media code regarding the press and their children. Don't follow the mediacode and you're not invited to future photocalls. Other royals haven't taken it to the same level, but they seem to have an agreement with the press regarding candid photos.

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 21, 2014, 05:14:35 PM
Hiding their son? George has been seen as much as William at the same age. Frankly most people in Britain don't care about how the Swedish royals conduct their business. We never did. Britain's monarchy is and always will be different from the continent.
Obviously, they don't care about how the British royals conduct their business either or William and Kate would be would be performing their duties as direct heirs and civil servants who are enjoying the benefits of their future position in the present...  :wink:

TLLK

^^^PoP-Most of the world's royals have a similar arrangement to the British ones. IMHO the most "staged" ones are the Japanese photoshoots. Most of the royal children born after 2000 have had their photos released when their parents chose the timing. The press seems to know they need to leave the parents and nannies alone when they're with their royal children.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on April 21, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

Maxima and W-A laid down the  "law" so to say with the introduction of the media code regarding the press and their children. Don't follow the mediacode and you're not invited to future photocalls. Other royals haven't taken it to the same level, but they seem to have an agreement with the press regarding candid photos.
That only works when there are photocalls, when you play recluse family, the only agreement is, "when we need pr you will get a photo taken by us..." Kate and William are modeling themselves after the Japanese Royal Family with a little Kim Kardashian thrown in... there is no reason why George, at this stage has had no photocall in England but plenty of press photo ops abroad...

PrincessOfPeace

No one in Britain is complaining and believe me the tabloids would complain. The other thing is, William and Kate don't make the call over photos ops. Press and Media relations are all coordinated from BP by Charles head of communication.

Maybe Charles and the Queen think the British press has already had enough of George.

I've seen George six times before he left for Australia.

TLLK

Like their counterparts in the NL, Spain, Jordan, etc...the Cambridges will likely schedule those events at predictable intervals. First birthday, first day of school, etc..They've already had George out with the press in NZ and Australia than Charles and Diana did in 1983. William didn't really have a photocall in the UK until he was closer to one year of age. Prior to a crawling age most babies aren't doing all that much.  (He's wearing a blue one piece suit with ABC on the front.) Other photos were released by his parents when they believed the time was right.

The royal parent who likely recalls his/her experience with the press during their childhood, adolescence etc...is going to have some input when making these arrangements. The behavior of the press, access to long range lenses, camera phones and security issues IMHO would make all of these parents more likely to want to have more control over when,where and how their children are photographed.  :) Most parents tend to be protective of their young children and that isn't just limited to royals.

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 21, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
No one in Britain is complaining and believe me the tabloids would complain. The other thing is, William and Kate don't make the call over photos ops. Press and Media relations are all coordinated from BP by Charles head of communication.

Maybe Charles and the Queen think the British press has already had enough of George.

I've seen George six times before he left for Australia.
I'll expect the next released photo to be shared around his first birthday.

Limabeany

No one in Britain is complaining and believe me the tabloids would complain.
There is nothing the tabloids won't hide about William and Kate and no one they wouldn't throw under the bus on their behalf to be kept in the royal loop... That speaks more of how the British see themselves via a vis the royals than about the royals...

TLLK, sorry but releasing a photo to the British people after they have spent weeks showing him abroad is absurd...

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on April 21, 2014, 05:41:19 PM
No one in Britain is complaining and believe me the tabloids would complain.
There is nothing the tabloids won't hide about William and Kate and no one they wouldn't throw under the bus on their behalf to be kept in the royal loop... That speaks more of how the British see themselves via a vis the royals than about the royals...

TLLK, sorry but releasing a photo to the British people after they have spent weeks showing him abroad is absurd...
I disagree. He's been photographed/filmed many times in the last few weeks so releasing a photo around his birthday would be right on track IMHO.  :paparazzi:

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on April 21, 2014, 06:23:37 PM
He's been photographed/filmed many times in the last few weeks so releasing a photo around his birthday would be right on track IMHO. :paparazzi:
Abroad...  :shrug: The British people will get what they think they deserve. And be happy with it or else...  :blank:

TLLK

^^^IMHO the British public will receive released photos from his family or at a press call at predictable event. His first birthday is just around the corner.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on April 21, 2014, 08:10:55 PM
^^^IMHO the British public will receive released photos from his family or at a press call at predictable event. His first birthday is just around the corner.

Yeah George's birthday pictures will release in few days after his birthday when palace,Clarence House and royal court have to approval pictures very good wills and Kate have permit to publish magazine and newspaper agency to run both magazine and newspaper in agency who work for?!?

TLLK

BTW TRF has a great collection of photos of royal children if anyone wants to see them.  :thumbsup:

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteWith her rosy cheeks, bronzed skin, gorgeous defined brows and expertly applied eye make-up, the Duchess of Cambridge never fails to look flawless.
And despite a legion of 'copy-Kates' best efforts to discover what gives her that famous glow, the Duchess of Cambridge's beauty essentials have been kept under wraps. Until now.
FEMAIL can reveal exactly what's inside Kate's make-up bag and the brains behind her favourite products share their tips for getting the royal's look at home.

Get the Duchess of Cambridge look: Inside Kate's make-up bag | Mail Online

sara8150

Mostly royals house of European and British have rightful to kids out of spotlight and don't get pictures lots and publishing in newspaper and magazine without consult of crown couples and plus Wills and Kate with palace,Clarence house and royals court to publish of magazine and newspaper..

Remind Dutch king willem-Alex have rightful to private on his three girls and don't publish newspaper or magazine but his three girls stay out spotlight for reasons because king willem-Alex chosen not let his girls have king's day remind of accident years ago..the new monarchy chosen have photocall at skiing and vacations also to publishing next days..

Wessexes have rightful to shield on kids all the times because of Louise's eyes since she born but Edward and Sophie always raise kids and stay out spotlight and don't get pictures till occasion..

Princessinwaiting

She should consider re wearing this outfit Mila Keln Fashion and Style: Dutches of Cambridge in Alexander McQueen Military outfit - Copy her look

And the yellow dress she wore in Calgary  it's beautiful but wibth the history of the dress , re wearing it would cause some unpleasant articles to be written http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo0xykZRRG1qac1r3.jpg

today : Our Future Queens: Photo
I think it's the Wimbledon  white jacket and some pink/peach skirt /dress ..

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 03:40:28 AM

^  :sneeze: my post needs to be deleted or put in the kate tour  fashion thread  :hide:  Sowiee  :flower:

^done!!