Harry in Botswana

Started by TLLK, January 25, 2018, 04:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Prince Harry Visits Africa Without Meghan Markle | PEOPLE.com

QuotePrince Harry has returned to the place where he has said, ?I feel more like myself than anywhere in the world.?

The royal groom-to-be, 33, is traveling in Africa without fianc?e Meghan Markle and will head to Botswana early next week.

He is there ?for a private working trip,? says a palace source, seeing ?organizations working in conservation, particularly those affecting wildlife, across the region.? Harry started with a visit on Monday to Chobe Game Lodge, Kasane, where he met Tshekedi Khama, the minister for environment and natural resources, conservation and tourism. Nothing else is being released about his time there at the moment

sara8150

wannable

" I feel more myself than anywhere in the world" 

A few questions
Where is Meghan?
Why isn't Harry with her?
Will this be the MO of this couple? Me time space?
Would it not been better to introduce her to his charities and patronages? 

Kritter

QuoteWhere is Meghan?

Planning a wedding

QuoteWhy isn't Harry with her?

He had to work

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2018, 11:46:02 PM

Prince Harry makes solo private wildlife conservation visit to Africa | Shropshire Star

QuoteThe African nation is helping to safeguard the continent?s population of black and white rhino and earlier this week the prince travelled there in his role as UK patron of the organisation Rhino Conservation Botswana (RCB).

A spokeswoman for the organisation said: ?Prince Harry is in Africa for a private working trip, focused on organisations working in conservation across the region and learning more about the issues affecting wildlife in the region.?

On Monday at the Chobe Game Lodge, which bills itself as a five-star, fully ecotourism-certified safari lodge, Harry met fellow RCB patron Tshekedi Khama, Botswana?s environment, conservation and tourism minister, and Mike Chase, founder of Elephants Without Borders.

sara8150

Prince Harry visits Africa without Meghan Markle
Prince Harry Visits Africa Without Meghan Markle | PEOPLE.com
Meghan stay at home and busy for wedding

wannable

Twitter discussion of Harry's trip to Botswana, seems Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace that publishes the court circular entered into AmateurTwilightZone  :hehe:

Invictus Coverage
‏@InvictusbyPepp

They weren't secretive about it. That's the point. Otherwise it ould not be in the CC. It was a private working trip for his charities.
Like I said royals have "private" meetings pretty much every week that are included in the CC. Should this be questioned too?

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

They included it, deleted it, included it, deleted it, and then published it.

Nobody Special
‏@nobutanousewife

Reminiscent of children fighting over who has the TV remote control.  What on earth is going on there?

Curious about Royals
‏@HelenKelsall5

That would indeed seem to be the case. Question is, why? To avoid being criticised for a secret trip abroad perhaps? Big up the work element and ignore the leisure time?

Richard Palmer
Verified account
@RoyalReporter

It?s all very strange, though as no public money is involved - apart from  the police?s costs - I don?t suppose it matters to anyone.

TLLK

@wannable-Yes that was very unusual and unfortunately it's typical of the frustrations that royal watchers have with the online version of the Court Circular. The printed version in the Times is updated and correct. :thumbsup: The online version often has missing dates and engagements.  :thumbsdown:

Curryong

From the print version of the Times tweeted by Cepe Smith, who buys that version of the Times and tweets info from the CC on her Twitter Page. Has done for years.

More CC engagements below for Harry which appeared in print The Times on the 26th, and the earlier one disappeared from the print version! Maybe the newspaper's fault, maybe KP.

Twitter

Kritter

Cele|bitchy | Prince Harry abandoned Meghan? to play with rhinos in Botswana for a few days

QuoteMark your calendars! Next Thursday ? February 1st ? Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will walk their first red carpet together. They will attend the Endeavour Fund Awards, which ?celebrate the achievements of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women who have taken part in remarkable sporting and adventure challenges.? While I would love to see even more of Meghan and Harry before their wedding, I have to say that I?m impressed with how many events they?ve already done as a couple since announcing their engagement. And I can?t wait to see what Meghan chooses for an evening event. She?s already shown a willingness to wear an updo for day events, so now I want her to really bring the glam, head to toe, for this.

Meanwhile, it seems that Harry has ABANDONED his fiancee! I?m sure that?s how the Daily Mail has reported it. Harry apparently flew to Botswana this week without Meghan. Did he leave her at Nottingham Cottage or what?