Biography of Charles tells of 'royal household rife with intrigue & misconduct

Started by Kritter, January 16, 2018, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Diana never said "Charles left me." They led separate lives but kept up appearances in public. This is a fact. You keep insisting he 'left'--they lived in the same residences.

Why would Charles express regret? He never blamed himself for anything.

Diana moved on. IF she wanted him to stay why then would she cooperate with Morton?

Charles is manipulative, overly emotional, blames others, trashes his parents and is vindictive and irrational even trashing Diana via his pal Junor. I find him a big phony.

I stand by my opinion.

What sort of man proposes to someone he saw only 13 times? Yet you keep on blaming Diana for accepting. Again the great man is not responsible, DIana should have known better and all the spin from Charles camp is repeated.

So he is not responsible because Diana accepted the proposal? Really?

Charles has many faults among which are the ugly spin that you believe even blaming her for accepting the proposal instead of asking why he proposed to her when he did not love her.

Kritter

He left the marital bed after he got his spare because that was the plan put together by C&C to use a naive teenager.

No way Camilla was going to let Charles continue to have sex with his wife after the spare was accomplished. She was afraid that he would start to love Diana if they were a real family.

Trudie

@royalanthropologist  in the case of Fawcett there is an old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Fawcett is a known bully who also knows where to dig up the skeletons.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:07:56 AM
Charles has many faults among which are the ugly spin that you believe even blaming her for accepting the proposal instead of asking why he proposed to her when he did not love her.

Clearly his current wife does not believe so and it is her that really matters at the end of the day when it comes to being with Charles and his faults.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:25:34 AM

Quote from: Trudie on January 18, 2018, 12:22:18 AM
@royalanthropologist  in the case of Fawcett there is an old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Fawcett is a known bully who also knows where to dig up the skeletons.

Yes but don't give them a knife and ask them to sleep at the foot of your bed. Enemies should always be put at a safe distance, certainly not listen to their advice on anything because they wish you ill.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Of course she doesn't believe because she gets those perks from him. ANd she gets to go to the other house when he starts whingeing.

Kritter

:lol:  I just noticed that avatar of Camilla that makes her look like an insane woman.  WOW    :hall3:

royalanthropologist

That is the avatar of a triumphant Princess of Wales on her wedding to her beloved husband in 2005. Lovely photo, excellent dress and fantastic jewelry as ever.  :thumbsup:

Camilla is not and has never been a "mad woman". I have never heard any stories of her being treated for any mental illness or needing therapy of any sort. Just a well-grounded sensible woman who knows what she wants.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:35:46 AM

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:26:52 AM
ANd she gets to go to the other house when he starts whingeing.

Clever woman. Do a hasty retreat when things get hot. Don't aggravate your husband, throw things or go to the press.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Of course, all that scheming, undermining, and manipulation paid off.

She looked odd with that "wheat" in her hair.

Camilla deliberately hurt Diana which I don't think makes her exactly stable. People like her think they can do no wrong no matter how vile they behave. She is not well grounded or sensible and got what she wanted and did not care who she hurt getting what she wanted. She would go to fox hunts and gallop past people yelling "get out of my (expletive) way" That about sums her up

Trashing Diana because she had an eating disorder is just wrong on many levels. Her eating disorder flared up thanks to Mrs Parker Bowles undermining ways.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:37:26 AM

She looked odd with that "wheat" in her hair.

The fashion experts did not think so. She looked fabulous in my view and was happy too, unlike the previous one who said she was miserable on her wedding.

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:37:26 AM

Trashing Diana because she had an eating disorder is just wrong on many levels. Her eating disorder flared up thanks to Mrs Parker Bowles undermining ways.

No worse than calling someone "insane" without a shred of evidence apart from personal angst. I am not convinced by the victim hood.

sandy

I won't rehash the causes of bulimia. But it is brought on by stress. Diana got it under control so no she was not the madwoman Junor tries to portray her as.

Not everybody liked the outfit she wore.

Diana was not miserable at her wedding. She told Morton she had such high hopes for the marriage. Charles was the one who was making faces and looking at the sky. And eyeing the mistress on the way down the aisle.

Kritter

QuoteShe looked odd with that "wheat" in her hair.

Yes that was before they started airbrushing her.  Camilla was so afraid Charles wouldn't marry her that when the Pope died she would not allow a postponement. Charles is such a weak man.

royalanthropologist

Camilla is not powerful enough to prevent a death...not yet at least. Postpone so that people can be inconvenienced? I don't think so. It was a fabulous wedding with both couples enjoying each other's company. Camilla has never ever lacked confidence about her hold over Charles. As Diana herself could attest, she is the non-negotiable woman in his life.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:55:41 AM

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:43:16 AM
Diana got it under control so no she was not the madwoman Junor tries to portray her as.

Who said Diana was a mad woman? All I said is that Camilla has never needed any therapy for anything or diagnosed with mental illness. Hence, she cannot be "insane".

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:43:16 AM

Diana was not miserable at her wedding. She told Morton she had such high hopes for the marriage.

So she was lying about that too? Thinking about her love rival who was sitting down the aisle? Then that question mark was also a lie? You know, it is very hard to challenge things when they are written down by the protagonist.

sandy

Both couples?  Wasn't there just one wedding?

Camilla is a manipulator. She was wrong to butt into another's marriage.

Junor said it and you did a comparison about Camilla not having "issues" which is a not so subtle dig at Diana--you call her irrational and what not.

If you read MOrton you will see that Diana thought well that's over when she saw Camilla and said she had high hopes for the marriage.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 01:08:29 AM

Camilla is a manipulator. She was wrong to butt into another's marriage.

Just like Diana when she made crank calls to Mrs Hoare?

Junor said it and you did a comparison about Camilla not having "issues" which is a not so subtle dig at Diana--you call her irrational and what not.

You are the one that mentioned Diana and insanity not me. I am not allowed to say certain words here but you get my drift. It is just not true that I talked about Diana as being mad. Neither did I do any comparison with Diana. Just challenged the notion that Camilla is insane.

If you read MOrton you will see that Diana thought well that's over when she saw Camilla and said she had high hopes for the marriage.

Self-delusion in my opinion on Diana's part. She believed no such thing. That is why she continued watching Charles like a hawk for any signs that he was attached to Camilla. She knew it was a sham, hence that famous title "like a lamb to the slaughter" that many of her fans like using. Happy brides do not refer to themselves as lambs to the slaughter.

sandy

We're talking Camilla here. And Hoare was no saint, he pursued Diana yet he is not the one you blame. He had a mistress pre Diana BTW. Where is your outrage about that? ANd the Hoares are still together now aren't they. Camilla OTOH busted up a marriage.

You had a series of names you called Diana in many of your posts. Irrational pops up quite a lot in them.

I am referring to her words to Morton. If you don't believe it, get a copy and read it. It did not take a hawk to see the C and C cufflinks dangled in front of her. Camilla was marking her territory. She found out after the wedding ceremony.

She still told Morton at the time she felt Camilla was over and she had high hopes for the wedding.

Again you blame the woman for 'Asking for it." You have halo and wings on your Charles  who does nothing wrong as far as you are concerned

royalanthropologist

I was just highlighting the inherent hypocrisy of asking Camilla to butt out of a marriage that involved a woman that was making crank calls to an innocent wife because her husband dumped Diana after an affair.

As for the wedding, this is all I have to say:

"Like a lamb to the slaughter".

An epitaph of an unhappy bride that knows she is unloved and is only being married for duty.

sandy

Why is it hypocritical. I am talking the early years of the marriage. Camilla was making her presence known even on the honeymoon. You bring up something that happened years later which does not absolve Camilla's behavior.

I am reporting what she told Morton. YOu can keep throwing lamb to the slaughter all night but Diana said she thought Camilla was "over now." Go look it up.

royalanthropologist

Well Diana clearly butted in someone else's marriage and therefore lost all the moral high ground to complain about Camilla butting into hers. She joined the sinners when she failed to beat them. That is hypocrisy on her part.

sandy

I'm talking about the early years of the marriage. There was no other man in Diana's life then. But there surely was another woman in Charles' life. Even Stephen Barry said Charles put in calls to Camilla on the honeymoon. Did Diana call Hoare then? I think not.

royalanthropologist

The point is that people make mistakes. Camilla made mistakes but so did Diana. I personally reject the idea that things Diana did are to be forgiven or forgotten whilst any thing Camilla did must never be forgotten or forgiven.

sandy

Camilla did not just "make mistakes." Her actions were quite studied and deliberate. IMO. She was very proactive not passive in getting what she wanted.

Had Camilla backed off, Charles and Diana would have had a better chance in working on the marriage. IMO.

Diana went into the marriage in good faith, Charles didn't.

royalanthropologist

Clearly Mrs. Hoare and Mrs. Carling did not quite see it that way. There are no big and small sins here...all are sins.

There was no marriage to be worked on. Charles wanted to be with Camilla and could not wait to go back to her once things started getting sour. C&D had nothing in common. They bored each other.

I reject the idea that Diana went into the "marriage in good faith". She did not. She married the prestigious position without thinking about the after-party life. All she wanted was to fulfill her fantasies of marital life rather than having any realistic expectations. She also married someone whilst having doubts about their fidelity to her. That is not marrying in good faith. The good faith was an add-on to make her out to be completely innocent in the whole fiasco; a typical Diana approach.

sandy

Carling denied an affair. Talking about this does not excuse Camilla.

Camilla was in the marriage from the get go. She and Charles talked  on the phone during the honeymoon with Diana. Diana did not call Hoare. SHe did not come into the marriage contacting a lover. Charles did.

You can reject whatever you want. But Charles was the one with two mistresses watching him get married. Diana had no lovers watching her get married to Charles. Diana had a title of her own.So why did not 32 year old Charles back off if he thought DIana would not like his idea of marriage. He just assumed she would and it would all magically fall into place. He was the one with unrealistic expectations.

The fact remains Diana had no previous experience which is a huge reason that Charles married her. He thought she would do whatever he wanted her to do. He did not think she may not like his idea of marriage and he did not tell Diana all that was expected of her, even tolerating his mistress.

Charles was the one with the fantasy life not Diana.

Charles did not go into that marriage in good faith .Not by a long shot.

Kritter

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
Camilla did not just "make mistakes." Her actions were quite studied and deliberate. IMO. She was very proactive not passive in getting what she wanted.

Had Camilla backed off, Charles and Diana would have had a better chance in working on the marriage. IMO.

Diana went into the marriage in good faith, Charles didn't.

A mistake is when you turn the wrong way down a one way street what Camilla did was a deliberate evil act.

That avatar suits her she looks like an evil witch. It is perfect with the hay coming out of her hair showing she laid down on a bale whenever ask to.   :lol:  Country woman in deed.   :teehee:  I think I know what Charles & APB wanted with Camilla.    :nod:

royalanthropologist

Well Charles chose Camilla and she chose him (warts and all). They are happy with one another and that is all that matters. Outsiders have little to do with their lives.

Diana died over 20 years ago. She is of no relevance to C&C's life to them, just a distant and unpleasant memory.

BTW. I love my avatar and enjoy the fact that it is going to appear every time I post.