Biography of Charles tells of 'royal household rife with intrigue & misconduct

Started by Kritter, January 16, 2018, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

'Explosive' biography of Prince Charles lifts lid on 'royal household rife with intrigue and misconduct' - Mirror Online

QuotePrince Charles is bracing himself for an ?explosive? expose by the biographer who revealed Simon Cowell?s affair with Dannii Minogue.

Tom Bower is releasing an unauthorised, ?warts and all? book about the heir to the throne in March, claiming it will include testimony from more than 120 people employed or ?welcomed into the inner sanctum of Clarence House?.

The investigative reporter claims the book ?reveals a royal household rife with intrigue and misconduct?.

Bower said: ?There are a lot of revelations. I was amazed how much new material there was. It?s got a lot of very, very new, untold information.?

QuoteA source said the book would cover ?Charles? politics and his attitude towards his family? and look at how he sought to ?rehabilitate? his image after Princess Diana?s death in 1997.

The source said: ?Until now all the books about Charles have been pretty reverential. They have all sought to get his approval. This treats him as a story, not as an object to be glorified.?

Trudie

Interesting others see how Junor, et al seek his approval let's hope not all sources are credible and not anonymous

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Re this new non reverential bio on Charles, it sounds just my cup of tea. Going now to Amazon to see if I can pre-order it on Kindle!

Kritter

If it hasn't been pre-approved by Charles or the Palace then we know it will be mostly true.

I think we will hear of many temper tantrums & screaming fits. I also want to hear about his real interactions with the family especially after he forced Camilla on all of them.    :thumbsup:

royalanthropologist

Perfect case for employing trusted family members and sacking all the "leakers". No wonder Charles prefers his sister in law for decorating. The last thing you need is a member of the household cooperative with hostile biographies.

I have to say that for such a "disorganized household", their finances seem to be the best in the entire royal family. Virtually everything that is associated with Prince Charles is a roaring commercial success. I would rather have an effective household than a placid one. I also wish the prince of wales could make use of the ability to sue for slander. The courts have already indicated that they can entertain privacy and slander charges brought by members of the BRF. They should make more use of such facilities.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

?Inner sanctum of Clarence House? speaks out about Prince Charles in new book ? Royal Central

QuoteAuthored by Tom Bower, the Rebel Prince: The Power, Passion and Defiance of Prince Charles will feature interviews from over 120 people who have worked for the prince or have been ?welcomed into the inner sanctum of Clarence House? which ?reveals a royal household rife with intrigue and misconduct?.

The rights to the book for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth from Jonathan Lloyd at Curtis Brown by Arabella Pike, publishing director.

On the book that will be released on 22 March, Pike said: ?We are delighted to be working with the great Tom Bower once again. With his unparalleled skills as an investigative writer and biographer, Rebel Prince is the first to examine Prince Charles?s battle for rehabilitation since the death of Diana, his refusal to conform and his frequent meddling in areas that interest him.?

Adding that the book gives ?unprecedented insight into Britain?s privileged class?.

This just proves that no one can live off the taxpayers & hide all their foibles forever. If one wants to appear to be golden they should just live their life in a decent manner.

royalanthropologist

Charles is a perfectly decent person and leads a decent life for a man of his position and class. He is a far nicer person than the unforgiving judgmental types who have him in their perpetual cross hairs. Nothing he has ever done in terms of failings is new. It has all been done before. Just that some people choose to hold him to an impossible standard. Anyway let them publish the book, as long as it is not full of malicious lies.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

I see a lot of judgmental types bashing Diana.  I don't think it is an impossible standard for someone not to sleep with his friends' wives. The malicious lies are directed at Diana by Junor.

Kritter

I read a lot from different Republic organizations around the UK & commonwealth countries & this book is just the first of many telling the truth instead of the reworking the image books. So Junor had better get busy writing trying to counter all of them.   :lol:

Charles always felt like he needed three times the staff that the other royals needed because of his entitlement issues. Now maybe he will understand why the rest of them keep it down to a minimum. Charles has always feared the truth & this book will be the beginning of a long nightmare for him. Had he just been a decent man then there would have been nothing for the staff to talk about.    :bounce:

This will be Charles after Diana's death, I wonder who he will try to label as having "mental problems" to excuse his own behavior in this.   :hmm:

royalanthropologist

Charles done more to help millions of people in the world than any of his critics. Of course his embittered critics forget that if he did not give those people jobs, they would be unemployed. So what they are really advocating for is for people to lose their jobs so that they can somehow find a way of punishing Charles for refusing to bow down to their wishes.

Besides Charles is also a demonstrably much nicer person than almost all his critics. For a start, he rarely responds to their vitriol or slanders them like the way they are fond of doing. I think he will do just fine. Just another "let's take down Charles' book and it will go just like the ones before...epic fail.

I have to credit Charles' enemies for trying but they will never bring him down because in reality he is a much better and more useful person than them. Plus not all of us buy into the mush. As per usual, they will weather the storm. I could argue that there has been no better "nightmare" for Charles than his first wife.

As it turned out, that also went down like a lead balloon. He is most definitely still POW and will one day make a great king, despite the persistent efforts of his estranged wife and her supports notwithstanding. If he could survive Morton, Bashir and Camillagate; he will definitely survive this upcoming book.

Those looking for confirmation bias will of course buy it and fair play to them. If you are looking for someone to confirm your biases, there is a whole industry for that. Tom Bower being a prime example. 

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2018, 10:00:25 PM

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
I don't think it is an impossible standard for someone not to sleep with his friends' wives.

I have yet to hear any friend of Charles friends ever complain about Charles sleeping with their wife. I think this is just outsiders crying more than the bereaved.

Trudie

To be honest the one book that took him down was the very book he authorized Dimbleby showed the world Charles unless catered to and treated as special is a very unpleasant person.

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 17, 2018, 09:56:36 PM
Charles done more to help millions of people in the world than any of his critics. Of course his embittered critics forget that if he did not give those people jobs, they would be unemployed. So what they are really advocating for is for people to lose their jobs so that they can somehow find a way of punishing Charles for refusing to bow down to their wishes.

Besides Charles is also a demonstrably much nicer person than almost all his critics. For a start, he rarely responds to their vitriol or slanders them like the way they are fond of doing. I think he will do just fine. Just another "let's take down Charles' book and it will go just like the ones before...epic fail.

I have to credit Charles' enemies for trying but they will never bring him down because in reality he is a much better and more useful person than them. Plus not all of us buy into the mush. As per usual, they will weather the storm. I could argue that there has been no better "nightmare" for Charles than his first wife.

As it turned out, that also went down like a lead balloon. He is most definitely still POW and will one day make a great king, despite the persistent efforts of his estranged wife and her supports notwithstanding. If he could survive Morton, Bashir and Camillagate; he will definitely survive this upcoming book.

Those looking for confirmation bias will of course buy it and fair play to them. If you are looking for someone to confirm your biases, there is a whole industry for that. Tom Bower being a prime example. 

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2018, 10:00:25 PM

I have yet to hear any friend of Charles friends ever complain about Charles sleeping with their wife. I think this is just outsiders crying more than the bereaved.

Charles also has helped himself.

Why would Tryon and Parker Bowles complain? This was their way of getting close to "royalty." Even though the arrangement was sleazy.

Charles was the walking nightmare for his first wife, plus the greedy mistress. Diana would find how Camilla took her place as hostess at Highgrove. Pushy Camilla.

Charles has helped himself. He is no saint.

I disagree. People can get jobs without Prince Charles' intervention.

Kritter

Quote from: Trudie on January 17, 2018, 10:07:32 PM
To be honest the one book that took him down was the very book he authorized Dimbleby showed the world Charles unless catered to and treated as special is a very unpleasant person.

Very true He is so out of touch that he actually thought people would see his whining as appropriate. He thought he was more important than the Queen.   :whine:   :hissyfit:

He believes all those yes men he employs to stroke his ego rather than take a good look at himself & try being a decent human being. No wonder Camilla had an easy time manipulating him all these years. He has to pay Fawcett money to get him to not write a tell all by giving him jobs he isn't qualified for.   :lol:

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Trudie on January 17, 2018, 10:07:32 PM

But Charles has never gone down. He is still very much POW and will one day be a king. Dimbleby was a good biographical work by a respected journalist and was on the whole very positive about Charles. It is Charles' enemies that try to turn it into some kind of "crime of the century" thing which it was not.

sandy

royalanthropologist

Fawcett is a very qualified and efficient manager. That is why he is always rehired when his enemies try to stalk trouble for him. All the companies and projects that he was done for the POW have been a success. Why get rid of someone you trust and is doing a good job just because your sworn enemies say so? Charles would be foolish to listen to a word his enemies say. A faithful and loyal servant needs to be rewarded. Charles employs many people and will continue to do so regardless of what his enemies say. His income comes from the Duchy and he is perfectly entitled to spend it as he pleases, including hiring a staff that he things appropriate to his needs.

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2018, 11:27:37 PM

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 11:26:07 PM
Dimbleby duly recorded the whingeing of Prince Charles.
Just like Morton, Settlen and Bashir duly recording the whingeing of Diana.

Kritter

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 11:26:07 PM
Dimbleby duly recorded the whingeing of Prince Charles.

Yes that is when Charles got the whiner title from the public.   :haha:

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 17, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
Fawcett is a very qualified and efficient manager. That is why he is always rehired when his enemies try to stalk trouble for him. All the companies and projects that he was done for the POW have been a success. Why get rid of someone you trust and is doing a good job just because your sworn enemies say so? Charles would be foolish to listen to a word his enemies say. A faithful and loyal servant needs to be rewarded. Charles employs many people and will continue to do so regardless of what his enemies say. His income comes from the Duchy and he is perfectly entitled to spend it as he pleases, including hiring a staff that he things appropriate to his needs.

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2018, 11:27:37 PM

Just like Morton, Settlen and Bashir duly recording the whingeing of Diana.

Charles is the champion whinger. Big Time. It was exhausting to get through the book, one complaint after another.

Settelen was the speech coach his tapes were never meant to be aired. Diana would have had destroyed them had she known...

royalanthropologist

I actually think Diana was the "champion complainer". She was still trying to tell anyone she could find how hard it was her being the most privileged woman in the world. She was complaining about a man that had left her nearly a decade ago and shown no interest in her since then.  Then she complained about her father, mother, grandmother, brother and even sisters. Everyone was hurting her and she was the perpetual victim. If only they could do what she wanted, it would all be alright.

Kritter

QuoteCharles is the champion whinger. Big Time. It was exhausting to get through the book, one complaint after another.

:thumbsup:  Always someone else who is the problem.   :nod:  He has also through his minions tried to destroy his siblings. Charles is his own worst enemy & the fact that he surrounds himself with undesirables like Camilla, Bolland & Fawcett.    :snob:    :puke:

sandy

Of course you think that royal. Charles complained about birthday parties as a child, his not being treated more "special" than his siblings, the mean people who picked on him, Diana not 'Understanding" that he needed the mistress, his father "forcing" him to do things, and on and on and on. It was a huge book and exhausting to read. What a self pitying man he is.

Charles did not 'leave her." You make him sound like Rhett Butler. There was no big scene of his packing and leaving. They led separate lives. that is well known.

Diana was a victim and it's easy to see all the flaws of Charles in his confessions to Dimbleby. What sort of man marries a woman knowing he prefers the mistress? Someone who is very insensitive to put it mildly.

royalanthropologist

Camilla, Bolland & Fawcett are not "undesirables". They are people who are close to and loyal to Charles unlike his first wife. He is wise to have them close to him.

sandy

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 11:44:19 PM
Charles did not 'leave her."

I somehow think Diana is a better authority on her own life story. She clearly said he left her in Morton and Bashir. Just left and never returned or expressed any regret about the end of the marriage. It was her that wanted him to stay. He wanted her away from his life to the extent of showing displeasure when she came to his hospital bed to see him.

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 11:44:19 PMit's easy to see all the flaws of Charles in his confessions to Dimbleby. What sort of man marries a woman knowing he prefers the mistress? Someone who is very insensitive to put it mildly.

I agree that if you are really looking for someone to help you with confirmation bias then it is very easy to find flaws with Charles. Just like it is very easy to find flaws in Diana when you read the transcripts of Morton, Settlen and Bashir. Here is a manipulative, overly emotional, irrational and vindictive woman putting out a self-serving story as if it was the truth. What kind of woman accepts a proposal from a man who she has just seen 13 times in total? Someone who does not think beyond the immediate gratification of becoming a princess. Maybe that is my own confirmation bias but no different from Diana fans who are always looking for a fault in Charles.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:04:58 AM

Quote from: sandy on January 17, 2018, 11:57:59 PM
Yes and they feed his ego especially Fawcett.

Better them than enemies within. Charles is wise to stick with people who support him rather than giving access to his enemies who want nothing but to destroy him.