Charles bungs Camilla's sister ANOTHER ?50,000

Started by Kritter, January 10, 2018, 09:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Camilla's sister Annabel gets ?50k from Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAnnabel, 68, Camilla's younger sister, has been employed to oversee a huge interior design commission from the Duchy of Cornwall ? a 20-bedroom pub in the centre of HRH's Dorset model village Poundbury.

She has also been paid for refurbishing the Duchy's holiday cottages in Cornwall, the Scilly Isles and Wales, plus the Duchy's office in Restormel, Cornwall, and Penlyne Nursery, also in Cornwall.

Keeping it all in the family.

QuoteSome think she has been richly rewarded for abetting Camilla's secret extra-marital romance with Prince Charles.

She runs Annabel Elliot Limited from her country house in Stourpaine, Dorset, where she and husband Simon allowed Charles and Camilla to hold secret meetings while he was still married to Princess Diana.

The Duchy admits the contract for the work was not put out to tender.

royalanthropologist

In an age where you have click bait like DM, I think it is sensible to hire trusted family and friends. Annabel is a great decorator anyway and the amounts of money involved are short change compared to market rates. Plus of course she is a highly trusted sister-in-law. Much more sensible to hire her than someone that will write a book about it all.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

Right @royalanthropologist books will be written by her descendants after they are all gone.

royalanthropologist

But she has the advantage of being a trusted sister-in-law and since being in the same generation as POW; by the time her descendants write, it will not matter to Charles one bit. I can actually see the value of employing family members you trust.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

That depends on who predeceases if Camilla goes first all bets are off. But than there is nothing stopping the staff Annabel employs either.

royalanthropologist

The Shand and Parker Bowles family have proven to be incredibly loyal to Charles. I doubt that will change regardless of whether or not Camilla is still alive. I think members of those families have real affection and respect not only for the institution of monarchy but also its members including POW. I doubt they would start the betrayals late in life.

sandy

Well Mr Parker Bowles sure was "incredibly loyal" not fussing while Charles had an affair with his wife.  Why would't the Shands be loyal? Camilla having "respect" for the monarchy to me is a bad joke. She saw off a royal wife and the mother of a future King.

TLLK

QuoteAnnabel is a great decorator anyway and the amounts of money involved are short change compared to market rates. Plus of course she is a highly trusted sister-in-law.

If he's happy with the work and choose to hire her again, that's his decision. :shrug:

sandy

I'm not sure she's a great decorator but nepotism rules.

Kritter

It is nepotism. I have read about her ideas, it is nepotism.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 10, 2018, 11:50:12 PM
I'm not sure she's a great decorator but nepotism rules.
However it would appear that he's satisfied with the design and the work that her subcontractors are able to produce for the Duchy of Cornwall properties. If the work is sub par or he's dissatisfied with the design, materials and the final cost, he's not required to use her again. :shrug:

sandy

She may not be "great" but she's his sister in law and maybe he feels he can save "$$$" and promote Camilla's family at t he same time.

Kritter

He is paying her back for the safe place to meet his Mistress, that is why she did it to get the perks. The same reason APB let Charles use his wife for so many years.

sandy

Maybe she like Fawcett knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak. But Fawcett gets more perks.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 11, 2018, 12:02:01 AM
She may not be "great" but she's his sister in law and maybe he feels he can save "$$$" and promote Camilla's family at t he same time.
"Great" is entirely subjective to each person. :shrug: What you and I might find to be tacky and ugly decor, Charles might find it to be tasteful and elegant for his properties. If Annabel doesn't feel that he's paying her  sufficiently for the time and effort she's put into her designs, she doesn't have to accept the offer. AFAIK there is no requirement for her firm to propose designs with the Duchy of Cornwall or for the Duchy to accept the bids from Annabel Elliot Ltd.

Here are some photos of AE Ltd.'s work

https://lh6.ggpht.com/-ByL0k8U81mc/U_tKtZDpkhI/AAAAAAACcbo/1-yMdiIAQyg/image126_thumb1.png?imgmax=800

https://lh5.ggpht.com/-4So04n1CXFc/U_tKxXscebI/AAAAAAACccA/1knaGc_UQ94/image141_thumb1.png?imgmax=800

Kritter

She is not going to say No to her payment for supporting their adultery for years.

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on January 11, 2018, 12:15:30 AM
"Great" is entirely subjective to each person. :shrug: What you and I might find to be tacky and ugly decor, Charles might find it to be tasteful and elegant for his properties. If Annabel doesn't feel that he's paying her  sufficiently for the time and effort she's put into her designs, she doesn't have to accept the offer. AFAIK there is no requirement for her firm to propose designs with the Duchy of Cornwall or for the Duchy to accept the bids from Annabel Elliot Ltd.

Here are some photos of AE Ltd.'s work

https://lh6.ggpht.com/-ByL0k8U81mc/U_tKtZDpkhI/AAAAAAACcbo/1-yMdiIAQyg/image126_thumb1.png?imgmax=800

https://lh5.ggpht.com/-4So04n1CXFc/U_tKxXscebI/AAAAAAACccA/1knaGc_UQ94/image141_thumb1.png?imgmax=800

Of course she'd accept the offer. She's not a world famous designer to put it mildly. Without her sister being first mistress then wife of PRince of Wales she'd never have had the opportunity IMO.

It does not have to be "tacky" but it probably is not the "best of the best" IMO.

Trudie

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 10, 2018, 09:48:43 PM
The Shand and Parker Bowles family have proven to be incredibly loyal to Charles. I doubt that will change regardless of whether or not Camilla is still alive. I think members of those families have real affection and respect not only for the institution of monarchy but also its members including POW. I doubt they would start the betrayals late in life.

At the moment they are loyal to Charles he has bought their silence once he is gone all bets are off make no mistake about it.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 11, 2018, 12:24:10 AM
Of course she'd accept the offer. She's not a world famous designer to put it mildly. Without her sister being first mistress then wife of PRince of Wales she'd never have had the opportunity IMO.

It does not have to be "tacky" but it probably is not the "best of the best" IMO.
Actually she doesn't have to accept the offer. :shrug: She can say no or say that she has too many projects  that are ongoing to take on another one. There is no requirement for her to do  so if she feels that she has sufficient design work to keep her busy or if she did not enjoy working with Charles and/or Duchy staff/representatives as  clients.

More of AE Ltd's interiors.

Annabel Elliot Interior Design And Antiques - Home Design

Kritter

She would have nothing if Charles had not given it to her & you think she would say NO.   :hmm:

TLLK

More of AE Ltd work for a different client...Annabel's son-in-law and daughter's home.

Interiors: an 18th-century cottage gets a facelift - Telegraph

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 10, 2018, 09:48:43 PM

Yes and they all have been rewarded handsomely.
TPB and L, Camilla s kids, have trust and jewels from PC.
Raymil H is for C and her children and grandchildren.
APB loves his children and his two children are in a great social their and financial position. Camilla?s dear sister  and family, the same.

Let?s be honest.

wannable

The whole Windsor family and before them, and before them...one way or the other uses extended family for work. He isn't the first nor the last.

Everyone can except Camilla.

Kritter

If you could show us how they have all been using family instead of putting contracts out for bids I would appreciate it.    :thanks:

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 10, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
Well Mr Parker Bowles sure was "incredibly loyal" not fussing while Charles had an affair with his wife.  Why would't the Shands be loyal? Camilla having "respect" for the monarchy to me is a bad joke. She saw off a royal wife and the mother of a future King.

Diana is not relevant here. It is whether or not any member of Anabel's family is going to air BRF secrets. Their past discretion indicates to me that they are trustworthy and loyal extended family members who like POW.  He has not bought their silence. They have never spoken out and will not. Not everybody likes blabbing to the press about the press. This does not strike me as a family that falls into the category of emotional incontinence.

BTW. "Camilla did not see off the first wife". Diana unilaterally abdicated her position through Morton and Bashir. Camilla just watched on the sidelines as she imploded. Diana's outbursts were her undoing, not the fact that Camilla was there.

Double post auto-merged: January 11, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

Quote from: Kritter on January 11, 2018, 03:08:21 AM
If you could show us how they have all been using family instead of putting contracts out for bids I would appreciate it.    :thanks:
Prince Anne's son did the jubilee organization and PM's husband did the family photos. Better to use loyal trusted family members than run the risk of hiring someone who is going to write all about it the next day.

Double post auto-merged: January 11, 2018, 06:43:08 AM

Quote from: Trudie on January 11, 2018, 12:29:35 AM
At the moment they are loyal to Charles he has bought their silence once he is gone all bets are off make no mistake about it.

They have never betrayed him or the BRF. I am sure the temptations are great and POW cannot "buy off" everybody. There are people who know what loyalty and discretion mean. Otherwise the press would be filled with tales of woe from every person available.

I would also add that setting up a trust fund for your step children is not unheard of. It is not buying them off. Charles wanted to make sure that neither Laura nor Thomas would ever be in need whatever happened. It was a very kind and considerate thing to do which he was under no obligation to od.